Comic I started...

Ashton

I dislike you. Cool story, but I dislike you, you tease.

Lol. I was hoping to get enough positive reactions to prove to myself I should still do this comic/tumbler but it looks like your the only one that likes it... Still, there is 1 more page that's finished... maybe it will drum up some interest...

I'm working on it, I have two in mind, I just dont know which to do next, but both involve new backgrounds I will have to piece together. So it may take a bit...

I Had a very productive night last night, next couple comics are finished, though I have to got to find a good tutorial about drawing tears... I think the point got across well enough though...

#2 was posted along with an @Syron yesterday, Wed will see #3, then Saturday will see new comics posted at 2/week every wed/sat (hopefully)

For those wanting a second tidbit, fluttershy appears and we actually get a joke! Not so much funny as herp-derp, but still, it helps since the comic is 99.9% serious (minus the @s that are intended to be funny)

FiM and FMA... you're an f-ing genius. MOAR! (I hope Dash's outfit isn't a reference to FMA, because I've seen both the original and brotherhood and don't get it D:) Oh, and my easily amused mind finds the last panel in part three ("If it is, then the joke's on me") funny somehow. xD

The only thing that seems off in my opinion is the expression you chose for Twilight in the second part. I think she should look curious, not surprised.

Maybe you should make the link public? You won't get much questions when I'm the only one who knows how to find the blog ;-)

I had some reasons, but At this point, I think it's ok.

-link removed-

FiM and FMA... you're an f-ing genius. MOAR! (I hope Dash's outfit isn't a reference to FMA, because I've seen both the original and brotherhood and don't get it D:) Oh, and my easily amused mind finds the last panel in part three ("If it is, then the joke's on me") funny somehow. xD

The only thing that seems off in my opinion is the expression you chose for Twilight in the second part. I think she should look curious, not surprised.

I'm actually amazed how little this has been done! I guess because it's so radical of a difference a lot of people who love anime havn't seen the series yet. (I'm working on some side-art too of Dash-as-Ed in the famous 'poster' of ed and al walking the train tracks, as well as a group image of the mane 6 (and supporting characters) as FMA characters. (Twilight is Roy Mustang ;p lol)

Dash's outfit is a reference to Edward Elric. Ed wears black pants, a black shirt, and black-and-red boots with white gloves and a red jacket. (If you look on the Tumblr you'll see Dash wearing an almost identical, ponified, outfit) This is a sort of evolution for Dash, she will slowly go from just the Shirt and sock to wearing the full edward elric outfit: http://edwardelric.i.../06/edward8.gif (random google image search) The first stage of "shirt and sock" were more or less simply "what do I have in my closet?" but as will be revealed later on, she starts looking for better options.

I'm working on expressions, because these are vectored, I have a much narrower range of poses and options. (this is REALLY evident in the next mini-arc with fluttershy's design) However I hope as time marches on I can get better vectors, and at the same time I hope to eventually get where I can properly draw the ponies by-paw.

Ah, forgot he sometimes didn't wear the jacket. (Althought that I remember it, he was missing it for a significant amount of time toward the end of brotherhood, eh?) But still, I think missing the white trimmings on the shirt definitely attributed to lack of resemblance (now that I know what I'm looking at, I still can't see similaritie's between Dash's and Ed's outfits D: ).

Ah, forgot he sometimes didn't wear the jacket. (Althought that I remember it, he was missing it for a significant amount of time toward the end of brotherhood, eh?) But still, I think missing the white trimmings on the shirt definitely attributed to lack of resemblance (now that I know what I'm looking at, I still can't see similaritie's between Dash's and Ed's outfits D: ).

The long red coat and the black boots I thought were more obvious, but I will admit that the shirt/socks are a little difficult to match up (in part because, right now in the comic Dash is wearing an all-black sock, while Ed wears a white glove and black long-sleeve shirt, and even when dash changes to white socks they're smaller and less noticable since she has hooves)

I will consider adding in more detail to the shirt. For the moment it's a case of "what do I have I can throw on?" but as it progresses it will become more and more FMA style costume.

I may go ahead and upload #3 tonight, then on Wed post a new comic... hopefully I'll be able to get off my plot and make more comics tonight, and if I get enough inspiration/time I'll move to a 3x a week upload (M-W-F) though I dont see any way in hell I'll be able to make this a daily like I really wish (in part because I'll run out of plot all too soon --- right now there are only 2 more mini-arcs left plus a future one that has to first be 'set in motion')

EDIT:

and BTW, yes, despite the gate image I used up there, I'm following the Brotherhood canon, not the original. (not to say the original wasn't great, I just thought brotherhood was more believeable and a hair more down to earth)

hi hi

Is that some sort of spiderman 3 reference? I'm not sure I get what's going on.

O_o please explain how you got that from the comics I posted...

No, it's a crossover with FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I'll be explaining some of the significances later (since Dash has to explain them to the other mane 6 who have no clue about FMA) but for now, yeah, it's a little hard to understand unless your familiar with FMA

I went ahead and uploaded #3 to the tumblr. Starting on Wed I will be uploading NEW comics every Wed/Sat (unless I get too far ahead of myself, then I'll do Mon-Wed-Fri, but I dont expect that to happen)

NEW COMIC POSTED!

Feedback on the last panel is requested, I'm not too happy with Dash but the other item I added is 100% original work of mine that I tried to make fit the shading scheme of FiM and Think something looks off about it...

So wait, where are the comics at now? I went on the tumblr and could only see three pages (two of which were already posted here). You've posted a few times saying there's a new page, so I'm confused. D:

That doesnt make sence, did you refresh the page? the latest should be on top...

well for simplicity sake...

-links removed-

Are you looking in the "comics archive"? because these were just posted on the main page. I didnt think people were looking at the archive so I wasn't updating it. (Though I'm thinking of posting them exclusivly in the archive after all the recent activity with me and Blitz on there...

New comic posted.

Also updated the comics archive with all comics including the 2 "ask" comics (not including the long blog-reblog with Blitz since it involved 1/2 text)