Greetings (and Salutations)

SeanMirrsen

About myself.: Average guy from an average city in the not-so-average country of Russia (though whether it's above or below average is up for debate). Interests come and go like the tides, but drawing is almost always present in some form. Currently the wonderfully made show Friendship is Magic, and the surprisingly massive community that sprung up around it provide me with the drive and inspiration to continue drawing things.

How did you hear about Canterlot.com?: Diego Havocs post (and signature, shouldve noticed that one sooner) at Giant in the Playground forums.

How did you became a fan of FiM?: Didnt notice it until after the first season ended. Sailed clear under my radar. When I noticed it, I considered it (as a joke) for a setting in an RTD game I was running at the time. I watched the first episodes to get a feel for the setting... and ended up liking the setting too much to leave.

My one favourite main cast pony?: Twilight Sparkle

Before I say anything else, I should point out that the last question in the above form is unfair, and my selected choice does not represent my actual answer to that question. My answer is: All of them. I cannot like any one main cast character more or less than any one other.

(also, the second and third questions don't seem to like apostrophes in their answers)

That out of the way, Greetings, to the suddenly huge and diverse community that has also managed to sneak past my radar for all this time. (grumble grumble faulty radar...) I ain't got much to offer but the things I draw in what little spare time I have nowadays, but in any case I very much like to see that a community like the fandom of Friendship is Magic can actually form in these sad times, and I hope that I'll get to see it grow past even the most optimistic person's wildest speculations.

Edited by SeanMirrsen

Hey!

I'm MyLittlePonyTales, but I just go by Tales around here. I'm one of the many great staff here at Canterlot.com. Please feel free to message any of us with any questions or concerns you have, or you can just leave another comment here!

If you didn't already, please take a moment to check out the rules section, just so that you're up to speed! :RDash: You'll also need to make at least 3 comments anywhere in the Introductions section before you can post on other parts of the site.

There's hopefully something for everypony around here! If you're looking to meet new Bronies, a good place to do that is the Chat Room & live roleplay. The Creativity section is the place for artists, musicians, and writers! Oh, and what kind of forum would this be without the MLP Discussion area, hmm?

If you're looking to Roleplay, check the Canterlot RP Rules and the Applicaton Form. Unless you're going for the FiM Free-For-All section, then you don't need either of those things! :D But if you're going for Equestria Crossovers RP, you just need the Application Form, then you can make your crazy cool pony! The Equestria Mane RP, which is a really cool Roleplay area, requires you to read both the Canterlot RP Rules and the Applicaton Form.

Wow, that's a lot of links! :o Feel free to explore the site yourself at your own pace, and let myself or one of the other staff know if you have any questions.

Welcome to Canterlot!

Oh a russian pony! Hope we can get to RP with you in "Stalliongrad" ;-)

Sadly, I wouldn't count on it. I utterly fail at roleplaying anyone but myself, and my alter ego/avatar, which are interchangeable but one lacks the multiverse explorer abilities. And they're both human, for a given definition of human.

Also, I can't help but wonder how is one supposed to accumulate any sort of postcount in an introduction forum, since I usually consider an introduction to be explicitly a one-time event, and chiming into others' introduction threads just to add to the count seems kinda rude (besides, who am I to welcome someone onto the forum if I just got here myself?). Well, there's always replying to your own thread, I guess, so I'll be doing that. And thanks for the greetings and the linkdump, I'm sure I'll find it useful in some way.

edit: on an unrelated note, I find it funny how people are encouraged to keep their signatures below a certain height, yet the poster's data and status listing on the sidebar can easily be four times that size.

Edited by SeanMirrsen

No, having a postcount limit is a good thing in and of itself, it's just limiting it to just one forum with a very narrow topic that I find odd. A higher limit and a slightly broader quarantine section could be easier to get into. Call it a Rock Farm, and let the newcomers discuss something relevant in there.

But in any case, it seems I've stuck around enough to move on. Let's see how many people are interested in drawing here. I need a few good sets of critical eyes to help me improve what I'm doing. I seem to miss the most obvious errors sometimes. Here's to a mutually beneficial coexistence! *hefts glass of vodka* ... *remembers he doesn't drink, sets it down, goes off to find some Mountain Dew*

A 3 post count limit doesn't seem tedious to me. Just reply in your own introductory post and you'll be posting in the forums in no time. A precaution is a precaution. And I do look forward to your art even though you aren't much of an RPer. You probably would want to hop in the chat every now and then too. Cya around~

Guest EoLPinkie

Welcome to Canterlot :) Accumulating 3 posts in this forum is much easier than you'd think as 90% of all of my posts have been in Introductions alone. Greet 2 other new ponies and you're set. That said, please let me know if I can help you in any way. It'd be my pleasure.