Celestia=God (canon)

Starfox64x

I tend to think of Celestia along the lines of a goddess. She has great power, she's set apart from the common ponies in many regards, she's herself immortal, she seems to represent a certain ideal with her height, shape, wings, horns, beauty, mane and all.

She's fallible though and her power has limits. She also likely wasn't always as she is now. So yeah, while I'd say she qualifies as a goddess, I don't see her as being equivalent to the sort of omniscient god most think of when they hear the name God.

Ahh I was thinking this just the other day! I do think Celestia is the god in the pony world... which makes me sad because she is my least favourite character precisely because she is like pony god.. I actually really dislike her as a character.

I look upon Celestia as being the less cool Princess (Luna is far better in my opinion, and sweeter, and modest.. and generally all-round awesomer).

I look upon Celestia as being the main source of anxiety in the form of a character. Twilight has had panic attacks over her which lasted a full episode (Lesson Zero of course - though I did love that episode all the same!) And ponies freak out if things aren't perfect for her arrival. Ugh.

Celestia is a source of fear for the ponies, although she isn't all-knowing, being as she relies on the mane 6 to present her with new lessons on friendship.

Ahh I was thinking this just the other day! I do think Celestia is the god in the pony world... which makes me sad because she is my least favourite character precisely because she is like pony god.. I actually really dislike her as a character.

I look upon Celestia as being the less cool Princess (Luna is far better in my opinion, and sweeter, and modest.. and generally all-round awesomer).

I look upon Celestia as being the main source of anxiety in the form of a character. Twilight has had panic attacks over her which lasted a full episode (Lesson Zero of course - though I did love that episode all the same!) And ponies freak out if things aren't perfect for her arrival. Ugh.

Celestia is a source of fear for the ponies, although she isn't all-knowing, being as she relies on the mane 6 to present her with new lessons on friendship.

After writing that you may want to pack warm. :)

samples_lg.jpg

(Gozer the Gozarian) R U A G0D?

(Celestia) "Well more like demis, but our world would die without us to raise and lower the sun and moon, so.."

(Luna) "..Heck YEAH!"

(Gozer) JU5T CH3K1NG!...

(( I take the Winter Solstice play as more apocryphal than accurate since it raises more quesions than it answers, such as why the unis simply could not go "Buck You NMM!" and raise the sun anyway in episode 1... :blah: :blah: :D I dont know why my mind take such pinkie pie turns when Im gooned on nyquil ;) ))

You know, Boss Hoss brings up an interesting point. If all the unicorns everywhere combined their magical forces and had somebody skilled like Twilight Sparkle directing them, could they outpower the Alicorn sisters? I mean, Twilight has the power to repair dams. Lifting tons of rubble. And reforming it. Solo.

hi hi

The tactics that Nightmare Moon tried in order to stop the mane six from reaching the castle of the royal pony sisters weren't exactly titanic in scope...

I figure the fact that they have the sun and the moon for cutie marks probably means that they have a special connection with the sun and the moon which allows them move them more easily than your average unicorn. And because the moon is Luna's special talent, that might be part of why Celestia or the other unicorns couldn't overpower her. She might have figured out some kind of magic to block their attempts that they didn't know, and thus couldn't counter.