Giving Back

weesh

Why do you you, or why do you not volunteer your time or money to your community?

Who do you give to?

For the short term, I am serving three times a week. My normal weekly tutoring of 2nd through 5th graders, and a special 5 week project that has me reading to 4th grade guys twice a week. The reading thing is pretty cool. It is targeted at guys that don't already read, and the books are exciting graphic novels. The program has been successful, and it is one of my favorite things to do each spring. I like to read each character with a unique voice, and provide dramatic sound effects. You read with a partner, so you can split up the characters and go back and forth. The excitement of 4th graders is contagious.

I use to be in boyscouts, which was fun, and we often got out and did projects like plant trees and whatnot... And up until recently i've been trying my best to be kind and cheerful to everyone that i meet to hopefully make the people in my community much happier... buuuut lately i've just been down so i've just been kinda blegh towards people...

Well I did do a lot of voluntary work back when I was in school, and I also used to give to charity within the boundries of my financial means.

However right now I neither have the Time to do voluntary work (every spare hour I have would be used sleeping or Working to make some more cash)

nor do I have the Financial means as I am a university student and hardly have the cash to get through each month.

My contribution to charity is going outside every day and grazing the world with my awesomely good looks :)

... What?

Okay fine... Geez, can't even rub my own ego. :-|

I used to be more active when I was younger. Visit senior homes, donations, food banks, etc... Now though, I hardly have enough time and even less cash to do anything I'd consider charitable. I did volunteer at the local food bank about a month ago and I took a small part in the toy drives this past holiday. Couldn't give much though.