Favorite Music!

Well, here we go!

I'm a Punk Rocker and have been my whole life! I love the old school bands like

, The Ramones,
and all those old ones. I've also listend quite extensively to bands like,
, and the like.

Outside of Punk, I've grown quite fond of Rockabilly!

The Reverend Horton Heat, The Atomic Fireballs,

are all good examples.

I like all kinds of techno and such but my newest techno fix is ElectroSwing!

. Give them a look see! they're good!

So my question to all of you is this,

What is your favorite music?

Electronica, notably Trance, House, some Acid, and DnB. To a somewhat lesser extent, Alternative Rock, Punk, Black Metal, Symphonic Metal, Hard Rock, and New Age/Classical. I almost like everything aside from Country, and I can somewhat tolerate that... sometimes.

I'm not entierly sure ._.

I don't know the names of the genres I listen to, and I never like something simply for the artist. I just kinda find something I like and listen to it. usually, if it's upbeat and catchy I'll listen to it.

I'm not entierly sure ._.

I don't know the names of the genres I listen to, and I never like something simply for the artist. I just kinda find something I like and listen to it. usually, if it's upbeat and catchy I'll listen to it.

When I was younger, I never used to care about music at all. True story brony. In other words, ya got time to get there AC.

When I was younger, I never used to care about music at all. True story brony. In other words, ya got time to get there AC.

ah, I saw that and thought Animal Crossing. then I remembered that I have over 370 animal crossing tunes on my Ipod XD that's just under half of my songs

so yes, I listen to Animal Crossing music mostly :3 I find it's nice to have while I draw

sorry, I just bring animal crossing into everything I talk about, don't I? ^_^"

ah, I saw that and thought Animal Crossing. then I remembered that I have over 370 animal crossing tunes on my Ipod XD that's just under half of my songs

so yes, I listen to Animal Crossing music mostly :3 I find it's nice to have while I draw

sorry, I just bring animal crossing into everything I talk about, don't I? ^_^"

I have to stop myself from making music references every time I post. That's actually where my musical interest blossomed, from filling my players with music I enjoyed from games. I eventually wanted to know the bands behind the awesome stuff I was hearing, and branched out from there. Pretty sure it started with Crush 40 doing the "Open Your Heart" theme for Sonic Adventure for me.

I have wide and varied tastes. Mostly I like older music, and mostly rock. Most types too, with the more folk influenced stuff being perhaps my favorite. I also have a fondness for a lot of Indie stuff.

I can enjoy most things though. I even listen to a fair amount of modern pop music these days.

The only things I can't really get into are most contemporary country music and the majority of metal.

Well, I actually adore a lot of older country music. It's the modern stuff that is just so unlistenable for me. All of it just seems so shallow, bland and lacking in creative thought. Modern pop honestly compares favorably by a considerable margin in my opinion.

As for punk, I'm not super into the stuff, but I do like a fair amount of it. Sometimes its too harsh sounding for me; I don't like really harsh sounds, which is my problem with a lot of metal. A lot of punk is just fine for me though.

In my head, it is quite simple... My favorite music is "good" music and my least favorite music is "bad" music. I don't even consider genre in my head.... I know what I like and it is as simple as that.

Now to complicate things, people don't accept that, saying its too subjective and that I need to be more objective (I think they are jealous over the simplicity of my system), so I shall attempt to convey my standards.

To start I don't discriminate on genre or country of origin, be it classical, electronica, rock, hard core, metal, punk, jazz, blues, country, rap... (you get the idea) All is fair game. My biggest requirement for liking music is talent. I do prefer the presence of instruments, but my interest in electronica has lessened that requirement. Creativity is another, chances are if I feel like I have listened to the song before but know it isn't the same one (so not a cover or a remix), I won't like it. Now the country thing is interesting for me, I don't have to be able to understand the lyrics to enjoy the music. It is my belief that vocals are an instrument all their own able to convey emoting and meaning without words being understood. That said, anything that clouds the voice's ability to convey said emotions annoys me (ie autotune).

Hm what else... I'm very picky with rap and related music. I can't say that I absolutely hate it, because I have liked rap, and think some is rather moving and meaningful. But most modern popular rap, I loathe. I am not that into the underground scene, but my friend has shown me some tracks that I have enjoyed.

A few of my current producing favorite artists are Stevie Salas, Steve Vai, B'z (japanese), Hiromi (Japanese as well, but lack of vocals make that moot), Larry Carlton and Wayne Krantz.

ah, another thing that often determines if I like a song or not is the lyrics. there's a bunch of music on my Ipod that I normally wouldn't enjoy, but I keep it because it's a song about hairs stuck to soap or zombies emailing people.

Oh goodness, I love punk as well. You listed a bunch of stuff I listen to. xD

The majority of my music sticks around the rock scene and it's many sub-genres, but I always venture away from that to the rest of the music world. I actually listen to nearly anything except country. I grew up with my mom listening to country music nonstop so I just got sick of it... hah.

My favourite band is Mayday Parade though. :3

I also enjoy:

The Exposed

Less than Jake

Reel Big Fish

Streetlight Manifesto

Foster the People

Young The Giant

Larry and his Flask

etc...

Trust me, I could talk on and on about music.

I'm an old-time rock person. For band examples: The DOORS (all time favorite band), Def Leppard, STYX, Boston, etc...

I also enjoy old swing jazz from the 30's via 40's.

I absolutely HATE practically ALL classical music.

50's rock is also something I listen to every now and then.

Basically, I will enjoy ANY song if there is piano part for it... A bluesy piano/keyboard/organ part. I like playing the piano along with it. :)

Anything with a good drum beat and/or guitar music in the background. For example, my favorite song atm is You're Gonna Go Far Kid by The Offspring (preferably the sped up version -whether RD or not- because I prefer faster beats) - I can listen to the background instruments to that song all day, lol.

My musical taste are all over the place. I listen to indie pop, classical, industrial, electronic, heavy metal, techno, and some movie scores.

Some artist/bands I listen to:

Florence and the Machine

Oh my god, I love her. I love her so much. I managed to nab a ticket to go see her in Dallas in May. <3 I'll try to refrain from yelling out, "MARRY ME, FLORENCE WELCH" but I make no guarantees. She is no doubt one of my all-time favorites.

Floreeence... *Fans self*

... Whew. Okay. Better now.

But I'm pretty much open to try any kind of music. I don't care for metal (^^ someone mentioned Nightwish; I do like them), country, or most punk (though if it's stuff like Flogging Molly, I'm all over it).

I also don't care for most rap, though if it's not about slappin' hoes, how much money someone has, shooting people, or the po-lice (which seems to be most of it that I've heard so far), I'm willing to give it a chance. I like the beats and the flowing words, but I really dislike the misogynist content and culture that surrounds it. I'm all about the pretty ladies, but most rap videos make me very uncomfortable, too.

As to my favorite music? I like... whatever Florence and the Machine is, a lot of indie stuff, new wave, electronica, ethereal, alternative, rock (particularly of the British variety)... I'm also a big fan of chant and celtic music. (And by celtic, I mean stuff like

rather than stuff like Enya, though I love Enya as well.)

And because I will not shut up about how much I love Florence Welch, have my favorite song on the planet right now:

Florence and the Machine is amazing! Never knew I would enjoy that kind of music, and I found them from a PMV, which is sad.

I'm mostly a metalhead and have been for the longest time, mainly listening to the modern bands but I like the older ones too. I listen to all kinds from the most brutal to even the most subtle, like going from Job for a Cowboy to Angra, but I primarily prefer the more melodious bands like Sonic Syndicate, In Flames, Angra, and All That Remains.

Recently though, thanks to some brony musicians, I opened myself back up to dubstep after hating it with a passion because my freinds kept force feeding me the stuff. I just listen to whatever sounds interesting like Flux Pavilion and Dubba Jonny as well as other electronic music like Wolfgang Gartner and Deadmau5.

The only kind of music I know I will not enjoy are mainstream pop and hip hop. However, I do enjoy hip hop and rap from the 80's and 90's though, like NWA, Bone Thugs N' Harmony, Eminem, and Snoop Dogg off the top of my head. Not only was I born and raised listening to those artists, but even in this day and age they are still considered really good. I just don't listen to the new stuff anymore because it all sounds like garbage for me.

Okay!

answering while 'doing' homework. Physics, specifically dark-suckers and scientific method.

The most played songs on my Itunes is currently:

Holy Grail with 225 plays

We Didn't start the fire, 213

Who can It be now, 208

Sounds of then, 202

Down under, 192

Those ones that are trending up:

sunny afternoon- kinks

forever young- youth group (I almost cry every time, EVERY TIME!)

six months in a leaky boat- split enz

I was only 19- redgum

Under pressure- David Bowie & queen

Stuck in the middle with you- stealers wheel

EDIT: Omg, I loved that pmv. not the type of music I usually listen to though, but it was okay, I guess.