Roleplay Type: Mane RP

Name: ThunderClap

Sex: Bull

Species: Buffalo

Eye Color: brown

Coat Color: light brown

Physique: Very muscular (for a buffalo)

Origin/Residence: Plains outside Appleoosa

Motivation: "To learn from, work with and interact with the ponies of Appleoosa to the mutual benefit of them and his own herd."

Character Summary: ThunderClap had a normal childhood, for a member of a buffalo herd. He worked hard learning how to be a responsible and contributing member of the herd, always performing any task he was asked to do. It wasn't until the 'Apploosa Incident' that he got a closer look at ponyfolk. These newcomers fascinated him, their strange devices and unique way of life. ThunderClap could see the value in his herd working WITH the Apploosan ponies for the mutual benefit of both groups. Outside of Little Strongheart, no other buffalo seemed to want contact with the ponies outside of their periodic 'apple pie' collection days. ThunderClap thinks that this should change, and for this, some in his tribe call him a 'dreamer' and a 'fool.' Others in the herd could see the valid points the youthful bull was making and quietly encouraged him to reach out to them. Then one day, when Appleoosa was experiencing an extreme draught, ThunderClap bravely entered the town and instructed the ponies on the 'buffalo' way to find deeper underground well water sources. Following his instructions, the ponies were able to find new water sources that ended the town's water supply problem. Some in his herd were upset with him for revealing their secrets to the newcomers, others saw that ThunderClap was motivated by compassion for their fellow prairie dwellers. Now the young bull is viewed as a type of unofficial liason between the two groups. He often relays messages between them and is welcome on the streets of Appleoosa as a trusted friend. Although he remains loyal to his herd and buffalo way of life, ThunderClap is very open minded to learning new things as well as sharing the knowledge he has with the friends he's made in Appleoosa.

Finished writing the Character Summary and have tried EVERYTHING to get the picture link to work. Since Canterlot.com does NOT allow screengrabs, I've tried to use a net-link to post the pic with. Oh well, just kind of picture Thunderclap as a typical, ordinary buffalo guy from the series

ONLY reason this app has to remain WIP for the moment is that my app for Flam, though approved by Skye, remains as an 'Accepted App' and has not been tranferred to the FiM Cast folder yet (NOT that I'm complaining, just explaining the situation :D:D ).

I do NOT want to be in violation of Canterlot.Com rules, so I must wait for this to occur first before changing the status of this app to 'Final'

I've been wondering when we'd see our first Buffalo character (I assume this is the first, I've never seen one before). I look forward to seeing him around.

Thanks! I have plans for him in Appleoosa.

I've been wondering when we'd see our first Buffalo character (I assume this is the first, I've never seen one before). I look forward to seeing him around.

I kind lost the race on that but I dont mind. :D I started on mine before I got sick and I had to set it aside for the illness. i'll post mine once Flim and Flam show up in the approved folder.

Well, since Flam is now listed officially listed in the Cast List as belonging to me, I now will move this app to 'Final' and await further replies.

:D:D:D

For a quick start, I've relinked that pic for you to use: http://desmond.image....jpg&res=medium

I don't really think there's anything more we can really ask of a buffalo app, considering the amount of overall coverage they've had so far...but if there's something I feel I must ask it's what does he DO as an assistant to the chief? How would you sum up his job overall, and has he developed any opposition to his position within the herd?

There's probably more you could add that I'm overlooking, but for the most part that's my overall suggestion: A little more won't hurt, if you can!

Edited by Robikku Pegasus

For a quick start, I've relinked that pic for you to use: http://desmond.image....jpg&res=medium

I don't really think there's anything more we can really ask of a buffalo app, considering the amount of overall coverage they've had so far...but if there's something I feel I must ask it's what does he DO as an assistant to the chief? How would you sum up his job overall, and has he developed any opposition to his position within the herd?

There's probably more you could add that I'm overlooking, but for the most part that's my overall suggestion: A little more won't hurt, if you can!

Thanks! I did edit the character summary, but the website won't accept that picture link you gave me. Sorry, guess I have no picture to go with this app.

Hey Mojo! I like this character :) I'm going to have to ask you to change him to a cast character for me though, he will be tier 3. Only because it would be better for your cast ties, Thanks Mojo. As soon as you get that done I'll stamp him!

It is done, and thank you!

:D:D:D:D

In order for this to be considered a cast character, it needs to reference which specific buffalo with a picture or something of that nature. Because the only buffalo that actually have names are Thunderhooves and Little Strongheart, we have no real way otherwise to know which Buffalo this is. In addition, unlike background ponies that have cutie marks and colors that specifically distinguish themselves from other ponies, none of the buffalo particularily have anything special about them worthy of note because of the singular nature of the epsiode.

As such, I have no problem with him being an OC, but he will have to change the nature of his position in the herd to something much less prominent and have his application have no references to other cast members -save- for possibly being in Chief Thunderhooves's tribe. He can't be Thunderhooves's second hand buffalo or something that nature if he's going to be an OC.

This is a little more difficult to work with -because- he's such a possibly obscure character.