ShadowStorm88

Yeah, I need some advice on how to handle something. Im workin at Shoprite on carts, minding my own. Two girls that I dont even know have for the last couple of nights been waitin for me outside in thier car, calling out things like "Will you marry me" or "I know you can heaaaar me". I have no clue who they are, so i figure their just messing with me. I leave tonight, adn see a number on my car windshield wiper that says "Your cute, call me" and a number. I call it..turns out it was a false number, as I heard a guys voice mail. Seeing as how these girls are probably gonna contiue messing with me (Being as how they left and actually came back just so they could annoy me), does anyone have any advice on how I should handle this?

Well, this sounds like they're just trippin' on you. I'm usually a straightforward person so if I were in your situation, I'd tell them in a nice way to cut it out. But knowing these kinds of situations, that usually doesn't go to well. I know it sounds extreme but you can at least warn them that if they ever did it again you'd file a complaint to security or even the cops. That should get their backs off you.

Well you could always just tell them to leave you alone. Calmly, of course. However I've heard of things like this happening before, and it's rare that asking them to stop actually works. If it doesn't, you're just going to have to tell someone about it.

Can be a co-worker, a manager, a friend, anyone you think can help you deal with the problem.

I'd say as an absolute last resort (and I mean absolute LAST), just report the incidents to the police. I'm quite certain they'll move along to better things.

EDIT: Pretty much what Xiee said xD

Ignore. If you don't react, you become less interesting and they'll have to find some other mundane way to entertain themselves.

Alternatively, you could use the kill'um with kindness approach. If you give them the reaction that's the opposite if what they expect, you're removing the reason for their interest in teasing you.

With either choice, keep it classy.

As a joke, I would say go along with it, try and act all macho and stuff in front of them, but in all seriousness, I would just ignore them. If that don't work, try acting really creepy, see if they go away (JOKING). If THAT don't work, I would tell the manager or something. Worst case scenario, you have to get the police involved, but if ignoring them or being creepy getting your manager involved doesn't work, then you might just have to go to the police.

I once had this guy calling my cell phone and leaving me dirty messages. If I answered, there was just silence. The number was showing up as private or something, so I couldn't get the number and like tell the cops or something. But, one morning I'm on my way to college, and he starts calling multiple times. Well, one time he forgot to block his number. Ah, failure.

So later my step-dad calls the number. I don't know if the guy said anything or if he just picked up, but my step-dad basically said, 'we have your number and if you call again we'll tell the cops.' I never got called again. So, moral... threatening with cops works? Or next time you could flirtly give them your number, but actually give them the reject hotline.

If they left a note on your car with the literal words "Your cute, call me". Give them a note back saying "You're*". :P

But really, just ignore, or use the kindness approach. If they're rude or persist in bugging you, the cops threat, like others have said, is a great deterrent.

• Like 1

Until they take the teasing to a dirty or threatening level, it's not legally harassment, I don't think. If it is, I still disagree that the police need to be involved unless it turns into more than innocent teasing.

I would agree with joining in the joke and acting lke you're hot stuff, because it makes the situation fun for everybody and you can all go home laughing. Killing them with kindness also works to, although it's preferable that it be sincere and not just to get them off your back.

Under no circumstances would I ever advise you to "act creepy" toward them. You are a man/boy. They are girls. Even if they started it simply for laughs, you acting creepy is way too easy to turn into a nightmare for you. Harassment will be brought up then, but against you, and your gender will make it very hard for people to believe you.

Until they take the teasing to a dirty or threatening level, it's not legally harassment, I don't think. If it is, I still disagree that the police need to be involved unless it turns into more than innocent teasing.

I would agree with joining in the joke and acting lke you're hot stuff, because it makes the situation fun for everybody and you can all go home laughing. Killing them with kindness also works to, although it's preferable that it be sincere and not just to get them off your back.

Under no circumstances would I ever advise you to "act creepy" toward them. You are a man/boy. They are girls. Even if they started it simply for laughs, you acting creepy is way too easy to turn into a nightmare for you. Harassment will be brought up then, but against you, and your gender will make it very hard for people to believe you.

Legal definition:

Harassment (either harris-meant or huh-rass-meant) n. the act of systematic and/or continued unwanted and annoying actions of one party or a group, including threats and demands. The purposes may vary, including racial prejudice, personal malice, an attempt to force someone to quit a job or grant sexual favors, apply illegal pressure to collect a bill, or merely gain sadistic pleasure from making someone fearful or anxious.

Not trying to step on toes/ shoot you down/ whatever. Just stating that (for the use of the OP) what these girls are doing is harassment. Especially if it's been going on for awhile.

EDIT: After re-reading the post, I saw you mentioned they're doing this from their car. Get the licence plate.

Legal definition:

Harassment (either harris-meant or huh-rass-meant) n. the act of systematic and/or continued unwanted and annoying actions of one party or a group, including threats and demands. The purposes may vary, including racial prejudice, personal malice, an attempt to force someone to quit a job or grant sexual favors, apply illegal pressure to collect a bill, or merely gain sadistic pleasure from making someone fearful or anxious.

Not trying to step on toes/ shoot you down/ whatever. Just stating that (for the use of the OP) what these girls are doing is harassment. Especially if it's been going on for awhile.

Oh, no, you're not doing any of that! Technical clarification is a good thing.

Well... I remember there was this guy in my elementary school who was your average bully and whatnot.

I kicked him in the face.

We ended up being on polite terms in middle school.

Eh.

In a situation like this, any sort of violent retaliation will be detrimental to the overall result.

Not only will they get the rise out of you that they're likely looking for, but they can play the victim card and get you in trouble.

The police will always take the female's word over the male's when assault is involved, even if it's not true or the male was provoked/defending themselves. It's a shame, but it happens.

Huh, in the overall point of the thread, I guess it could be seen that what I impled was that violence was the answer to OP's problem, which it isn't, especially kicking women in the face. I doubt they are sadists, but I digress.

To the OP, if I was in your situation, I'd tell them off, straight and simple. There isn't any need to be insulting, but there's no reason to be nice as well.

By now though, would I be right in assuming that you've already dealt with the situation?

I have learned to cope with these things by ignoring them... You see, when I was in elementary school I was picked on for my mental problems (ADHD) and for my own personal idiosyncrasies. I used to lash out at them but I was the one who wound up being in trouble for it but after I learned to ignore them they eventually became my friends. I still have issues with trusting people though from being isolated by my peers for most of my young life.

Wow, they have nothing better to do? sad...

I have a lot of ideas for 'revenge' plots, but i figure they're more for the bold, and i probably wouldnt do any of them myself just cause i feel they would only cause a ruckus...

But you should either ignore them or park your car somewhere else and take another route to it so they dont see you... eventually they'll get bored and move on.

"Your cute, call me" and a number. does anyone have any advice on how I should handle this?

Yeah, they may stop if you ignore them, but the don't seem to know the differences between you're or your, so it seems like literally mindless fun on their part...you say you don't know them, but they know what car you drive? That's kind of creepy, I wouldn't approach them unless I was with others