Mark Forum As Read not working...

Darkfae

Greetings.

I've discovered the "Mark Forum as Read" button isn't working 100% for my account.

I click the button, and it appears that all the topics mark as read, however the moment I leave the forum, it goes back to having those posts be unread again. I tried logging out of my account, and clearing my browser cache, and it still is doing it. This is happening on every board.

Also, every post in News & Updates is marked as unread...even if there's been no update to them in months. It seems only the News & Updates board had this happen though.

Any help would be much appreciated!

ah, I was just thinking about making a topic like this too XD I'm having the same problem on both my computers and my 3DS. I assume this is probably happening to everybody at the moment then, no? I've been going through each topic one at a time through the "next unread topic" button to get them to say they're read.

We've moved your forum-read activities to cookie based rather than server/database logged to reduce serverload.

Try deleting your cookies prefixed with 'Canter_'. That will start afresh to mark as read and store the information in a fresh cookie on your browser.

Try deleting your cookies prefixed with 'Canter_'. That will start afresh to mark as read and store the information in a fresh cookie on your browser.

I deleted about 20ish cookies with the word Canter in them the first time, and 9 a second time, and it's still not working. =(

Oh, hmm. Whenever I post to a thread, it marks that thread as unread, even after I go in and read it. Chrome, wtf are you doing with these cookies?

I agree. I use Chrome and am(?)/was having the same problem.

But, as an alternative, going to the front page of the site and clicking on the book by each forum marks that forum as read and sticks.

Well, using the book icon on the main forum page is just a work around; new threads now don't show up as being new when I go into the forum. I tried deleting my cookies again, and all that did was cause everything to be marked as new, and stay marked as new even if I read it. Using the board properly is impossible at the moment. =(

There does seem to be some issue with the marking as read component we haven't been able to quite lock down yet. There is a solution somewhat, if you use the mobile theme, if you mark things as read in each topic, they -do- get marked read and stay that way even when you go back to the normal theme.

I'm experiencing the same issue here. Cleared my cookies as well and even clicked on the topics individually. It worked at first but when I visited the site again to check on new posts, everything was marked as unread. Even when I reply to the topic, it shows up as unread? I didn't get this before.

I don't know if this counts for anything, but mine seems to work now.

now it's just when I go to a different computer (which I do a lot) that it marks things as unread. everything that's been posted since I was last on that computer is unread. I get the impression that that's normal and to be expected though.

same problems, both the'mark as read' and the post -> unread one; using firefox here.....

also the "Go to first unread post" button throws me to page 1, no exceptions

edit: wait, if i click the 'go to first' located on the LEFT (the star/circle shaped one) the other one seems to work.

already cleared cookies cache, etc.