Any other animators out there?

DannyMirage

I've been an animator (actually working as one) for only a few months, at about the same time I got illustrator I had Just started getting into MLP.

before that time I was a musician, guitarist mainly, but I set that aside (as just a hobby now) because I love animation. I was wondering if there were any flash-based animators on the site, I'd love to meet you guys! :)

How loosely do you define "animator"? lol

I make stuff move, yes, I am slowly learning to make my own meshes, but for now I just bone models and set IK chains, though I suppose in essence I am more of an animator than an artist (The term I've seen a lot of people use is "Animation Choreographer" since I work with pre-built models)

I've played with FLASH, and I've played with Maya, the former I can do most minor animations in, the latter... um... well I'm learning lol. absolutely no luck so far with cloth or fur/hair, but otherwise I can manage some animation that's remarkably amateurish! :) (If I bothered to do proper cleanup on my animations I have a few that aren't too shoddy, but I didn't spend enough time on them and there are stray pixels in the wrong places or blurs where it should be clear, etc that give it a bad feel --- of course this is only my best work, most of it's nothing to brag again... to anyone.... ever...)

I do hope one day to get good enough to animate my own movie, but that's way way WAY off...

My brother (Paradox) does animation in Flash. I've tried it, but I prefer making videos in Vegas Pro. Do you get paid for animating, or do you just animate for "someone" allowing you to "claim" you work as an animator?

Do you do the drawings yourself, or work with premade drawing and edit from there? Sorry if this is a lot of questions or a bit personal, I'm just curious! :D

So, you're working as an animator? Where, may I ask?

I'm working in a project that we're planning to emerge soon called "Classically Equestrian" I'm the head animator for that, and I have my own project that I'm working on which Is much longer and will be a lot more work (after I get the voice actresses) so between working for CE and trying to get other people in on my project, It's like a full time job lol :)

Do you get paid for animating, or do you just animate for "someone" allowing you to "claim" you work as an animator?

Do you do the drawings yourself, or work with premade drawing and edit from there? Sorry if this is a lot of questions or a bit personal, I'm just curious! :D

The latter, I've never produced a actual video that you can find anywhere, and besides I'm still in high school so I would have to have at least some rep before I could work for pay.

I do my own vectoring, but I do get references so, all I've done lately are ponies, eventually I'll get used to the style and I probably won't need references anymore.

What? I love talking! It doesn't bother me at all :)