Tip 'Tibbles/Tibs' Top [FINAL]

Skye

As evident, this character has been changed without the prior knowledge of the staff. The changes that have been made (Or other items that were missed upon initial approval) have rendered this character incompatible with the Mane RP. I'll detail some things that need to be changed about this character in a list.

• Pegasi cannot do magic, earth or etherial. Earth magic requires an Earth Magic type of pony, or a Unicorn. Pegasi can do Sky Magic such as make rainbows, rainclouds, or such, but they cannot make things that require herbs or pure energy.
  • He cannot be experimenting on other ponies, regardless of location. If he has an assistant that helps him with the components he can't handle, they need to be specified and it can't be in a way that it sounds like he's using them for experimentation.
  • There is no 'artificial' magic. It's either Energy or Herbal (Through Potions), or natural I.E. manipulation of clouds. Cannot make little baubles or machines that are powered by a device that requires no external source of power to operate I.E. a machine that runs on magic without a unicorn present.
  • He can study natural chemistry but much of that is going to be limited.There's no need for more complex chemistry, it has no real place in the RP. For whimsy sake, he can have accidental explosions as a result of chemical explosions, but keep in mind that anything he discovers will be a result of natural reactions between elements and not magic at all.
  • He can have come across the tome, but much of it will be always beyond his reach. Anything that requires a unicorn horn to handle, for instance, will -always- require a unicorn and there are no exceptions or alternatives. Anything that requires a unicorn or earth pony to study, will be beyond his reach and pointless for him to study.
  • While he was more than capable of manipulating artificial and outside sourced magic without assistance, he was unable, for obvious reasons, to test out his theories regarding unicorn magic on his own. - This cannot be. There are no artificial or 'outside-sourced' magic in Equestria.
  • After half a decade of work, he was finally able to compile his findings for publication in the form of a comprehensive treatise on what the pegasus called the Unified Magic Field Theory. - There is no such 'unified magic field' in Equestria.

These changes will have to be made before this pony can be played.

Recently moved to a manse on the edge of the Everfree Forest, southeast of Ponyville.

Skye didn't mention this bit, but we talked about it and this isn't going to really work. A manse is a large building, and one would not be randomly situated outside of the Everfree Forest. In fact, I think Fluttershy's house is the only one that's away from town and close to Everfree, seeing as it's logical to live IN town rather than outside of it where dangerous monsters roam and cows stampede. It just doesn't make sense for their to be any large building out there.

Also, what's the reasoning behind him being a Pegasus? I can see that the character won't really work as a Unicorn from the angle you're going for, but he seems to do work with his hooves. Gathering plants for experiments and reading books... I mean, why didn't he become just a regular explorer or weather Pegasus? Heck, his dad could work as a Pegasus or Earth pony too, unless he's an 'on the go' type of mechanic.

Your character seems to like studying and learning about things on the ground... That's kind of an Earth pony trait. From what I can see, you don't seem to even mention your character flying much of anywhere. I mean, what's the story behind the wings? What purpose do they serve for your character?

In fact, I think Fluttershy's house is the only one that's away from town and close to Everfree,

Hate to be pedantic, but in "Putting Your Hoof Down," Fluttershy's house is shown to be adjacent to other houses. There are a few others that live out there, it seems.