A little question about roleplayers?

CrimsonNova

My roleplay character, Seaspray, got accepted yesterday (both stamps of approval) and yet I still haven't been added to the roleplayers group.

^^ Am I just missing something?

I'll gladly use this thread in order not to start a new one, since I have 2 questions hovering over my head, that I couldn't somehow clarify on my own.

1st: I understand the part that there can be NO connections with any characters in your application. But, after everything is accepted, you're allowed to make reference to facts that you've met mentioned ponies in previous RP's?

Example: You finished one RP with pony A, and got into another with different ponies. In second RP, are you allowed to mention that in late/early past you've met pony A and comment on him/her if situation would profit from this?

2nd: The second matter is deeply connected with the first one. As I want to have one main character, which will take part only in one RP at once. Why? Because I want him to create a chain of memories which he'd use in future RP's, just like mentioned above by, for example, bringing up to conversation ponies he had met in past already. Moreover, I wouldn't like him to appear in two different places at once, for the sake of this tiny bit of realism.

You actually can have a connection to other OCs in your app, so long as the other person is okay with it, but you can not have a connection with Cast characters at all prior to actually joining an RP with them. Unless your character IS a cast member, then it makes sense.

As for your actual question, you can also make reference to meeting pony A when in a different RP with pony B. All RPs take place in their own sort of "bubble" in the timeline, so while you might not want him to be in more than one RP at a time, there's no rule saying you can't put him everywhere at the same time. At that point it's up to you to decide what is happening in which order.

• Like 1

My roleplay character, Seaspray, got accepted yesterday (both stamps of approval) and yet I still haven't been added to the roleplayers group.

^^ Am I just missing something?

To clarify: Your Application was not previously Accepted, it was Assessed. See: Applications here are pending Moderator action.

you can not have a connection with Cast characters at all prior to actually joining an RP with them. Unless your character IS a cast member, then it makes sense.

Actually, this isnt entirely true, even Cast aren't allowed to have ties to other cast unless it's EXPLICIT in the series (I tried to have Pipsqueak have a crush on another cast pony, but was shot down because it wasn't in the series) However, as Karok said, you *can* have ties to OCs, even if your character is a cast, so really if you want to create a life for your char, OC or not, that's the best way to go.

To clarify another point, once your accepted you *can* have relationships, provided they're logical. I mean you cant magically be mated to Twilight Sparkle, but, such as in Pip's case, his crush on another canon character is perfectly OK now.

Also, regarding your only wanting to be in 1 thread at a time. I fully agree with you, and this is why I like sites like this which allow multiple characters. However, keep in mind if you do go for a cast, that the cast are *required* to be in 2+ threads at all times (which means juggling timelines - I have a fun one right now where Pip is building an airship and, realistically, after being 1/4 of the way through, has only now drawn the plans (in another thread) but in his timeline he's had the plans since the previous morning.

I hope all that makes sense, I'm always worried when I try to explain timeline juggling to people since it's confusing enough as it is... >.<

Also, regarding your only wanting to be in 1 thread at a time. I fully agree with you, and this is why I like sites like this which allow multiple characters. However, keep in mind if you do go for a cast, that the cast are *required* to be in 2+ threads at all times (which means juggling timelines - I have a fun one right now where Pip is building an airship and, realistically, after being 1/4 of the way through, has only now drawn the plans (in another thread) but in his timeline he's had the plans since the previous morning.

I think that words you could use to describe this time line could be Present and Prologue. Moreover, I meant only OC's, as anything connected with cast characters is quite intuitive and logical after all.

As for your actual question, you can also make reference to meeting pony A when in a different RP with pony B. All RPs take place in their own sort of "bubble" in the timeline, so while you might not want him to be in more than one RP at a time, there's no rule saying you can't put him everywhere at the same time. At that point it's up to you to decide what is happening in which order.

Yes, it is up to me to decide the order. But this is a one-side view. After all, I'd be influencing other ponies the same way they'd influence mine. Meaning, that they could also make references towards my pony in different topics. Of course, it's possible for me to explain things. Example:

I take part in two RP's, one in Canterlot, second in Ponyville at same time. Of course I can say in Ponyville one that I was in Canterlot and met this pony. And I could say in Canterlot that I'm heading towards Ponyville (which is true so far in RP I've started ;P). Yet, one problem remains. Until I'm finished with Canterlot role play, according to the time line stamp, I'm not allowed to make references to the story that was upheld there in Ponyville RP. Because it's past, but this past is not yet solved, moreover, I don't know how will my interactions with ponies progress. Meaning I can finish having different attitude towards them.

Yes, it is up to me to decide the order. But this is a one-side view. After all, I'd be influencing other ponies the same way they'd influence mine. Meaning, that they could also make references towards my pony in different topics. Of course, it's possible for me to explain things. Example:

I take part in two RP's, one in Canterlot, second in Ponyville at same time. Of course I can say in Ponyville one that I was in Canterlot and met this pony. And I could say in Canterlot that I'm heading towards Ponyville (which is true so far in RP I've started ;P). Yet, one problem remains. Until I'm finished with Canterlot role play, according to the time line stamp, I'm not allowed to make references to the story that was upheld there in Ponyville RP. Because it's past, but this past is not yet solved, moreover, I don't know how will my interactions with ponies progress. Meaning I can finish having different attitude towards them.

That's exactly why I hate juggling timelines :) you might want to just make multiple characters, that way you can have several threads at once without them interfering with the space-time-continuum. ;)

That's exactly why I hate juggling timelines :) you might want to just make multiple characters, that way you can have several threads at once without them interfering with the space-time-continuum. ;-)

That's what I'm exactly trying to do. Although it'll be a slight problem. I'm trying to update my second char, but I don't have enough time considering I must keep studying for exams now. So it's kinda... sad. Hope I won't forget the idea for him quick.