Newbie to Canterlot, MLP, and everything ponies.

Armony

Wow.

Thank you all so much for the warm welcomes! I have to say, I feel more welcome and at ease than at another site I joined. And yes, I'll probably need a lot of help with my OC application! Especially since I don't know exactly what's "acceptable" for a pony, like age, job, etc. I've been going over other applications and the MLP Wiki to get a better idea, but it's great knowing I'll be getting help. I really appreciate it!

And yes, I'll probably need a lot of help with my OC application! Especially since I don't know exactly what's "acceptable" for a pony, like age, job, etc. I've been going over other applications and the MLP Wiki to get a better idea, but it's great knowing I'll be getting help. I really appreciate it!

I can advise you right away, then, that you should take a good look through the RP Rules topics, as well as the Application Form. It might also be good to take a look through the Lore Archive for any posts that might be relevant to the OC you wish to create. And, finally, don't be afraid to ask questions; it is my belief that the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask.

Oh yeah, I've been looking at the application form for a good couple of days now. It all makes sense to me on paper, I'm just worried about when I apply my particular OC. But that's still in the works, and the welcomes I've received make me confident that any inconsistencies or mistakes I make won't be put down. Thanks for the links!

@Rosewind: Heh, thank you! Writing is no problem for me, I've just never written anything for MLP before. And perhaps my name is familiar because I joined another MLP forum quite recently? Or, maybe you're thinking of "Esprit de Corp" on an off chance, a great band piece.

*Is a band nerd*

Wow, I wish I could draw like that. Look at that shading!!!

Oh hey, quick question for anyone. What forum would I go to, to ask questions about the show and canon? I've been reading the Lore Archive things (which are amazing, by the way), but I just have a couple of questions, and I'm not exactly sure where I would go to ask things like, "do kirins exist in Equestria?" (that's just an example).

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, I wish I could draw like that. Look at that shading!!!

Oh hey, quick question for anyone. What forum would I go to, to ask questions about the show and canon? I've been reading the Lore Archive things (which are amazing, by the way), but I just have a couple of questions, and I'm not exactly sure where I would go to ask things like, "do kirins exist in Equestria?" (that's just an example).

Tbh, I have no worldly clue. But, technicalities aside… *clears throat* Welcome to the amazing world of Canterlot! Allow me to sing you a song!

Esprit, my dear, I cannot express my delight! It's abundantly clear that somewhere out here is a thread that will suit you just right!