Good Story... Bad Moral...

Ashton

I'm toying with a story idea about a pegasus filly named Raindrop. She's a severe nerd, as in twilight-level-nerd, with no friends, and one day she decides "if they dont like me as I am, I'll become what they'll like" which ends up making her friends, and even earning her her cutie mark...

...but the moral apparently is "Ignore who you are and change to whats popular if you want friends"... or perhaps "being smart and nerdy is bad, play stupid and 'radical' and you'll be popular!" which imo kinda goes against the whole moral compass of FiM....

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thats... an option... I considered having her go back to her parents dressed like her old nerdy self and one of her new friends finds out, stops by there to say hi... and sees quite a different pony than expected! lol

Maybe it could be a moral about not putting all your eggs in one basket? Sort of like 'If being a nerd isn't working out for you, maybe try being an athlete.'

Does not fit the story (I really want to say more, but I dont want to spoil the plot-twist! lol), but I like that moral, I might encorporate it into something else :D Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

How about she changes herself, but then goes back to her parents dressed as a nerd, somehow her friends find out she's a massive nerd but they still like her ? Like they like her for as a person, being nice / funny / smart and don't mind that she likes diffrent things ?

The only reason they are friends with her NOW as opposed to them is when she 'changed' herself she put alot more effort into meeting people and became more confident ?

Making the moral a bit more 'you need to have confidence and yourself and make an effort to have friends, good friends don't just plop in your lap, and sometimes you need to push yourself forward and TALK to people to have them ?