FiM items (which stores to get them in)

Ooh! Hopefully the tin will come out here or at least force the ebay price down, Canada hasn't gotten any Pony cards yet and I've had to buy all of my cards through ebay

....I don't suppose anyone would be willing to help me get one? (There are a lot of stores in my area with the Zecora toy and the Pinkie Pie ornament at about the same price as the tin)

I considered getting it.

Yay!

Decided against it.

Boo!

It's cute. It's really cute. I would look rather terrifying with it..But it's still cute. Still, I really do love this company. They keep pumping out the awesome..24/7

I think that Dash backpack is definitely cute, and would be fun to wear to a con or something, but the price tag? Eeeh.

Yesterday I saw new buttons at Hot Topic, the RD lounge pants, and the new ladies pony wallet. Aww yeah! None of the new vinyl figures. They have one tee where the colors of the Mane Six are all messed up.

...They have one tee where the colors of the Mane Six are all messed up...

Is that a weelovefine shirt? does anyone have a link? That reminds me of those hats that have the Michigan "M" in State colors, or the State "S" in Michigan colors, etc...

Yesterday I saw new buttons at Hot Topic, the RD lounge pants, and the new ladies pony wallet. Aww yeah! None of the new vinyl figures. They have one tee where the colors of the Mane Six are all messed up.

I bought that tee not paying attention. Ended up returning it. Most of the colors are right, except for Sweetie Belle.

So this isn't a new revelation in terms of stores... but...

Well I was in Kmart and was walking *past* the toy isles. And I was walking past the hot wheels display and decided to look for a mars curiosity rover... then I glanced over at the main isle where the hot wheels were and saw something shocking... the my little pony display right across from the hot wheels! This was THREE isles away from the pink isles, so this was no mistake, it was deliberate.

Pictures when I have a chance.

I bought that tee not paying attention. Ended up returning it. Most of the colors are right, except for Sweetie Belle.

Not only Sweetie Belle, but Twilight Sparkle is an aqua blue colour and Spike's coloring is severely mis-colored as well.

It's a shame, because the design of the shirt itself is excellent. I would've gotten it if not for the awful mis-coloring on it...

So this isn't a new revelation in terms of stores... but...

Well I was in Kmart and was walking *past* the toy isles. And I was walking past the hot wheels display and decided to look for a mars curiosity rover... then I glanced over at the main isle where the hot wheels were and saw something shocking... the my little pony display right across from the hot wheels! This was THREE isles away from the pink isles, so this was no mistake, it was deliberate.

Pictures when I have a chance.

Pictures of the Kmart? I didn't realize those still existed. It's like the yeti of mass market retail.

Can you explain the implication? I am missing it...

Swirly's theory is that the ponystuff was probably put near the boy-targeted toys because it has appeal to both genders and non-target consumers.

Can you explain the implication? I am missing it...

Pictures of the Kmart? I didn't realize those still existed. It's like the yeti of mass market retail.

Swirly's theory is that the ponystuff was probably put near the boy-targeted toys because it has appeal to both genders and non-target consumers.

Er...They exist in NY? This one in particular was in Penn Station... so... yeah... If you want I can take a picture next I'm in Penn, which should be tomorrow ;)

And sorta... Really they tend to keep them separated. I was implying that either they are targeting them as a gender neutral toy (not likely), or they are targeting specifically to bronies. Something which I did not see at WalMart last I went. I find it interesting that Kmart chose to make such a move, while bigger retailers (Toys 'R' Us, WalMart) keep them separated. Perhaps its the size of the display, but it was particularly strange (and quite frankly amusing) to see bright pink amidst the blacks, blues and other relative darker hues associated with the "boys" isles. (It was a relatively small display compared to WalMart and especially Toys R Us, but than again, comparing to the only Toys R Us that I go to, it is unfair to compare any toy display to any store... But yeah, I just find it interesting. Even if it is only one store it is showing a shift in paradigm of gender norms. Or at least I see it that way...

ah.

Well, our local stores are small, and there are fewer toy isles etc. We have MLP directly across from hotwheels, but I presume it is for space considerations here. It makes it really easy to walk down that isle, and check the MLP stuff out in a stealthy manner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a side note. ToysRUs is currently doing a Buy one get the second half off at their stores and their web site on certain brands, including MLP...They have DVDs, Enterplay tins..mini figure sets.Wallets (Zecora wallets!)..Lots of goodies.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is bloody perfect.

spikesculpturelimitedru.png

http://timothyb.deviantart.com/art/Spike-Sculpture-Limited-Run-For-Sale-348852368

It's $250 but it's just amazing. Why can't we get official stuff like this? Spike is adorable and in character and he has his little foot up like so as he finishes the letter. I think the only real Spike item we've seen made him into a little dog. Hmmph.

• Like 1