Greenshot Apple [FINAL]

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria RP

Name: Greenshot Apple

Sex: Male

Species: Unicorn

Eye colour: Blue

Coat colour: Green

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style: Middle-lengthed tail. Long mane that just reaches his neck (Like Big Mac.) Mane and Tail are Yellow with a lighter green streak in the middle that extends all the way to the end of the hair.

Physique: Well built but not too muscled as well as tall.

Cutie Mark: A yellow/gold archery bow with gray arrow aimed at a red apple.

Origin/Residence: Canterlot was his birthplace and grew up in until recently when he became Stallion years. Having been noticing many pony and feeling like he just doesn't fit in with the crowd and lifestyle Canterlot gave. Greenshot decided to head for a town he felt was where he could fit in and make a new life for himself.

Motivation: Greenshot has been practicing and honing his potential since getting his cutie mark. Knowing that he could compete and even challenge any skilled archer, but feels he had the better skills. So, when the opportunity comes, he will show his skill and even more so when competition came around. Greenshot will try his darnest to claim victory but losing will only make him work harder.

Likes: Hay covered in Zap Apple Jam, target practice, winning competitions/matches, hearing cheers for him, Cider, company like friends or family and good music.

Dislikes: Missing his mark, leaving competition empty-hoofed, Diamonddogs, manecuts, disappointing his friends or family and running out of coins.

Character Summary:

History; Parents: Born during a setting sun, his mother Sweet Blintze and father Steel Blacksmith were well known in the city for his jewel crafted weaponry and her delicious variety of pastries. When the foal was born, he had a green coat and was the cutest his parents had ever seen. His parents raised him like any other would and taught him of the ways they had been living. Both hoping he would go into the same business they were in hoping his cutie mark would relate to what they did. Greenshot would spend time after school not hanging out with other colts, but being a server in his mother's pastry shop then heading over to his father's weapon shop to gather gemstones with him, watch for Diamonddogs, watching Steel make specially crafted weapons for guards, archers, lancers and many others which often got Greenshot very bored. He earned a lot of gold coins over his time working for his parents and he did enjoy being around them. Everyday though, what most of his class had over him was that they all had cutie marks and he had no idea why he hadn't even gotten his yet. He had done so much but still got no marks to show his talents.

Cutie Mark Story: Greenshot tried many and probably all the duties both his parents stores could offer him to try and see if he would get his cutie mark. Not liking to be only one of a few colts in his class to not have a cutie mark. One day though, as he was getting ready to open up his mother's shop and serve customers the delicious pies and pastries offered to them. His mother was outside putting up a big poster that was inviting anypony around Equestria to head over to Dodge Junction for the Annual Young Ponathletes Competition that coming week. So that night, he talked to his parents about it which they quickly agreed to for they were going to ask him the same thing. Telling him that they were going to go to this competition to not only observe but to visit relatives. So they traveled to Dodge Junction and the morning of the competition, he had a list of all the events for the day. Many of which he knew he was decent at and tried for several races and magic related events. Doing okay or not so good in most of them. An archery and trick shot competition had also been going on that day and he did like the idea of trying his focus on something new and shooting arrows at stuff seemed like a best bet so he signed up for both. The trick shot competition is a story for another day but the archery was where he got his mark. Three rounds, shoot through an apple and hit bullseye..then pumpkin and third round was both of them and a haybale. First round Greenshot hit the apple but just missed the bullseye. He was in fourth at that moment and next was the pumpkin shot which to his surprise, hits a bullseye through it. He went up to second just like that and needed to beat a fellow Unicorn who was first to at least miss two bullseyes which he did. Greenshot was up and with bow and arrow in air, hit through the pumpkin but just missed his mark by inches. He needed the next two shots to hit dead center or else he'd claim second. Next the same thing happened with the apple which he missed first round, he hit apple but missed bullseye again. Finally, was the haybale, not a single pony got a bullseye through it and knowing second was his, just wanted to be first at something. As he took aim, his concentration slipped seeing his parents look on immensely at him which accidently caused him to release the arrow from the bow. It hit through the bale and wondered what had he done. The crowd began cheering and as he tried to view the target, he saw he had hit it right dead center and realized he hit a bullseye that no other pony had and happily trotted about. His cutie mark came while he was celebrating with family members. As he took the stand to accept a 2nd place ribbon and small coin reward he noticed it on his flank. Conveniently his mark looked just like the bow he'd been using as he looked at it. That was a day he would never forget.

Personality Generally Greenshot easily spoke up for himself and took responsibility for his mistakes or problems. He shows off not too often, but he has a gentle nature and wants the best for his friends. Which he had left behind back in Canterlot to meet new ponies elsewhere but will come visit when it's necessary or the time was right. Greenshot's a good listener and loyal to everypony he meets.

GL7CQ.png

Greenshot decided to head for Ponyville to see if maybe his cousins in Sweet Apple Acres wouldn't mind his assistance in apple bucking and could give him a place to stay as well.

Sorry, but we don't allow even Apple family members to move to Sweet Apple Acres. We've consistently seen in show that the ONLY four ponies who live there are Big Macintosh, Applejack, Apple Bloom, and Granny Smith. So, at this time, we're not allowing other Apple family members to live there. (You should have also cleared this with the Cast players before putting it into your Application anyway.)

Motivation: Greenshot has been practicing and honing his potential since getting his cutie mark.Knowing that he could compete and even challenge any skilled archer, but feels Earth ponies had the better skills. So, when the opportunity comes, he will show his skill and when competition hows itself.

I'm not even sure how this would work... or even if it can. It's an interesting idea, but Archery is difficult even when you have fingers! I just don't think an Earth pony would be able to do it. I'm thinking logically here, how is this even possible?

Born during a setting sun, his mother Apple Strudel and father Steel Blacksmith were well known in the city for his jewel crafted weaponry and her delicious apple pastries.

I am not too keen on him being the son of a background Cast character. For one thing, we haven't seen a son of Apple Strudel in show. Also, the character could become prominent further along, and totally disprove your character's existence. Not only that, but if somepony wants to apply for Apple Strudel, you've already set them up with a son AND a mate... that's not really cool. Of course, I don't think there's a problem with you creating an Apple family OC, as a lot of the Apple family haven't been named in show. Basically: you can't be directly related to a Cast character, even a background one.

I'll bring this Application to the staff's attention so we can discuss the Earth pony + Archery aspect.

yea I didn't even know an apple strudel existed xD.

What if I changed it to Apple Blintze?

I'm not even sure how this would work... or even if it can. It's an interesting idea, but Archery is difficult even when you have fingers! I just don't think an Earth pony would be able to do it. I'm thinking logically here, how is this even possible?

Very good question. I could say how do Ponies handle coins. Besides using there teeth to toss them about. How do they really get them into there mouths or even how they would give change.

They seem to be able to hold up small things like coins, and comparing coins to a weapon seems a touch far fetched.

Exactly. You have to be able to grasp the string and the front of the bow in order to shoot an arrow. Bits just sit on the top of the hoof or in the slight curve between the hoof and leg, but there isn't enough dexterity there to hold a bow.

Sorry, but archery as a special talent is not going to work for an Earth pony. As it is, I would say Unicorns would be the only type of pony able to participate in archery. It's possible that Griffins were the ones who invented bows and arrows, seeing as the have the claws (fingers) to use them.

I mean, I guess you could tweak the Application a bit and make him a Unicorn.

Hmm...Funny cause I had written 3 pages in a notebook about Unicorn being his biggest competition. I would not mind at all being a Unicorn. Heres a quote from my chars story I had written but not put ^ there "After two rounds of competition, Greenshot had gained two spots ahead on the scoreboard and was just two points away from first which had been a Unicorn who had a Target as a cutie mark."

Hmm...Funny cause I had written 3 pages in a notebook about Unicorn being his biggest competition. I would not mind at all being a Unicorn. Heres a quote from my chars story I had written but not put ^ there "After two rounds of competition, Greenshot had gained two spots ahead on the scoreboard and was just two points away from first which had been a Unicorn who had a Target as a cutie mark."

Even if it was his special talent, he was still young enough that he hadn't gained a Cutie Mark... which also means he would have a lack of experience. While he may have figured out he was good at it, he shouldn't be able to beat somepony else with a similar talent—especially somepony older and who has practiced more. Having a special talent doesn't mean you're perfect at it all the time, or that you're perfect when you first start.

At some point, Applejack had to learn to buck trees; it's not something she was born knowing how to do. Pinkie Pie had to learn how to bake a cake, Rainbow Dash had to learn how to make it rain. Even with talents and skills, there's still generally some kind of learning involved, some mistakes and what not.

Good point! I've got an idea, I'll fix it shortly.Alrighty it's fixed. I really appreciate the assistance. I hadn't Rp'd since 06 back on Secondlife so It's all slowly coming back to me. What else needs correction cause I'm starting to like this pony more.

You still list him as an Earth pony in the topic tag. :P

Ponies tend to just have one Occupation, although they may have other hobbies. Also, now that you've made him a Unicorn, Apple Bucking is not logical. Good Apple Bucking requires Earth pony 'magic'. Any other type of pony that tries won't knock down apples, or will knock them onto the ground rather than into buckets.

When the foal was born, he had a green coat with a arrow marking over his left eye.

Looking over this again, I'm not keen on it. It's not a marking you'd see on a real life horse or pony. The show has been pretty good about that. Pipsqueak, for example, has blotches/spots, which may appear on a real pony. On a different pony, those spots might be purple, but hey, color isn't the issue here.

Also, about him moving to Ponyville... I'm going to insist you move him somewhere else. Ponyville is overcrowded as it is, but that's not the main issue. In Applebuck Season, Applejack says that her family is spread over Equestria... and also that there was nopony else there to help with the harvest. Big Macintosh was hurt, Granny Smith was too old, and Apple Bloom was too young... If there were other Apple family members nearby, AJ (or at least Big Mac) would have gone to them for help.

But then again... why does he even need to be related to the Apple family? As you've clearly shown, his talent is not with apples, it's with Archery. I mean, being an Apple family member doesn't really make sense for this pony. You could just name him Greenshot and be done with it... which is actually what I suggest. I mean, I really don't see a good reason for him to be an Apple family member. If you can give me one, I'll take it into consideration.

I only added Apple cause I wanted to be apart of that whole family line and assumed someone has Green Apple so I just added shot to make it different. Would that mean I'd have to change the mothers name from Apple Blintze? I like Greenshot and just have that as my name has indeed crossed my mind. I'd been waiting for a comment on that eye marking. I'll remove that after this post. Thanks</p>I'm thinking Appleloosa probably good spot for me to take up residence. Suggestions is nice but if an episode gives the name of Illinois like I have Fillynois, I'd definately want to live there.

I only added Apple cause I wanted to be apart of that whole family line

That's what I figured, but it just doesn't make sense for your character.

Would that mean I'd have to change the mothers name from Apple Blintze?

You probably should. Your character, at this point, has no real need to be related to the Apple family. I mean, their talent isn't with apples, so why does it matter whether or not Greenshots' mother's is? There are lots of bakery/chef jobs that don't involve apples.

I believe the application is fine, and just ask for one change. Appleoosa is established as being only a year or so old in the time, so it wouldn't have existed when he was a colt. Just change it to whatever other town and the app will be fine.