Sega Genesis MLP/FIM

kunio18

seriously who wants to see this game.1? i was just browsesing youtube as you do amongst the many vids that bronys have made and came across this little gem, instantly the first thing that came to my mind was 'SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.'

i really hope one day a dedicated brony whose skills are rad enough to make this game actaully come true, it would be amazing never the less to see somthing from the MLP:FiM franchise become a game on the 16 bit wave level of the sega genesis.

I'm all for ROM Hacks, I mean I'm just waiting to see the finished "Sonic2/Rainbow Dash" hack, but Come on, if we're going to do this, lets make it 64-bit! WE HAVE THE POWER!

i was thinking it was going to be a rom hack on the first sonic game or the 3rd buy the music, its using the sega's music chips drums bass ect. but MY GOD....shut up and take alll my money just for this game. !!!

i deffo see it being played like a run n jump, like you have 6 of the hero pony's to choose from, bad guys could be minions or something spawned by Discord all over Equestria and you have to like save the whole world from him getting the elements of harmony from differnt parts of the MLP universe, like a world map of equestria.

AAHHH id love just to see this a work in progress

Then I'd say we'd need to hack Beyond Oasis if you want something like that

<3 that game was incredible.. so what do you see it like,?. you ever played Mr Nutz that colorful sega game,, thats what original came to my mind when i first thought of it, especially when someone beautiful crafted this piece of amazing music to go with it, i can just picture it going nice

I'm not an expert on how a SEGA Genesis game is made, but I assume homebrewing a Sega Genesis game is a very arduous task basing my little knowledge of NES and SNES hacking and homebrewing. Normally doing so would take quite a few years. You'd have to read up on hex programming, and learn an assembly language of some sort. ROM Hacking on the other hand is another story if someone has made a pre-made hacking program. If there isn't however, you'll have to make one yourself using said previous methods to homebrew a genesis title. I would suggest what genesis title to hack, but I haven't played enough titles to do so.

I'm not an expert on how a SEGA Genesis game is made, but I assume homebrewing a Sega Genesis game is a very arduous task basing my little knowledge of NES and SNES hacking and homebrewing. Normally doing so would take quite a few years. You'd have to read up on hex programming, and learn an assembly language of some sort. ROM Hacking on the other hand is another story if someone has made a pre-made hacking program. If there isn't however, you'll have to make one yourself using said previous methods to homebrew a genesis title. I would suggest what genesis title to hack, but I haven't played enough titles to do so.

I get your idea here, and while we're on the topic, I'd like to state something.

It would be a LOT cheaper to download a Sega Genesis Emulator, and buy the USB Genesis controller (>$20). Why, do you ask? Because hacking a "Genesis" cartridge would take many years to pursue, and it would be very difficult to do it. Not to mention that Genesis games are hard to come by nowadays. Whereas you could get an N64 game for $5 someplace. Pus, if someone wanted to "make" this game, they could do it a LOT faster if they had to just make it in a program on the PC, and convert the files to "ROM" files that the emulator could open. It would save you over 4 months of hassle.

Smashing! What was it made under? The Ultimate Megadrive Soundfont?

according to the dude that made it he said it was made in FL Studio using the VOPM plugin, (for Genesis-style instruments) and the DAC drum samples from Sonic 3. impressive isnt it !