Saterdays Pateince

kunio18

Do you think its a long time to wait just for a new episode?,,.,i think its pretty darn long to wait for the newest episode of MLP FiM, but dont get me wrong, its good that they make us wait it out but when it comes down to it, its like a whole Week at work then just one new episode on that Saturday..

Id like to hear what are your opinions everypony on what seems a rather lengthy wait for a new episode.. have they always done it like this like back in the past with the first season because i have no idea ..?

Or maybe i am just impatient.. ;-)

I found the wait to be long between the first discord ep and the second one, but other than that, I haven't minded the waits much. it was harder at the beginning of the season because I was just coming off a pony fast that had lasted several months, so the excitement for each new episode was unbearable. now that the season has been going for a while, I find that I can handle it more. if anything, it makes the weeks more bearable because I know that at the end of it I'm getting ponies XD

"-Patience is a virtue"

"-It's not a matter of when, but rather the reward that follows for not asking"

"-If one is impatient, they may, themselves, affect the outcome of the result"

You can't rush things, or you will end up being disappointed. I live by these quotes here, and I think other should too. Is one week too long? How about the occasional two week wait? If they aired new episodes every day, then the seasons would be cut down to 1/7th the original length. For each day you "would like" them to air a new episode, subtract one from 7/7. That's the new length of the seasons. Who would want season 3 to end in a month, instead of 3, by airing 3 episodes a week? Not me.

You see, I don't know about you guys, but I enjoy the wait. I've got new episodes of other shows to watch during the week, so I'm not ENTIRELY bored. Having a new episode to watch to "kick off" my weekend is always nice. And I'd hate for them to air more new episodes a week, because that cuts the length of the season, and I don't want short seasons. (What if 13 episodes of S3 is the final season for this show? It would be over, and that would be it. :()

yeah man you deffo have got your self a rather valid point there to be honest, but i was thinking not a new episode everyday, maybe twice a week like on a Wednesday and still keep it the same for Saturday so its split in half throughout the week,

But then again your right on having it played a new episode once a week to keep us waiting on our hoofs for the excitement.

I hace no trouble waiting during the week. However, the delay between when people who get the hub watch the show, and when I finally see it off of iTunes can be intense.

Okay you Lawful Good green wallaby-rat-bunny-thing you: Since you purchased the episode, would you feel shame in viewing it on YouTube at an earlier time? I know what your answer already is, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

Since you purchased the episode, would you feel shame in viewing it on YouTube at an earlier time? I know what your answer already is, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

What would happen isn't guilt or shame. I would feel uncertainty. I'd be watching it thinking: "Is this ethical?" And I would come up with arguments on both sides, and I wouldn't reach a conclusion and it would be distracting and uncomfortable. I can deal with guilt. Wondering if I should be feeling guilty is much worse.

...you Lawful Good green wallaby-rat-bunny-thing...

Aaaaawwww! That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me Rose!

• Like 1

Personally, I only hate it when there is a cliffhanger. I will be skipping week 1 of S3 so that come week 2 I can watch them one-after-the-other. Otherwise I dont mind it too much.

that being said, though, other series which are heavily serialized, like most Anime, I will not watch untill the season end, or, if it's short, the whole series end, this way I dont spend all keep worrying about a cliffhanger (or longer if the party's split and they may spend an episode focusing on the "safe" half of the party and make us wonder for a 2nd week what happened to the other half)

What would happen isn't guilt or shame. I would feel uncertainty. I'd be watching it thinking: "Is this ethical?" And I would come up with arguments on both sides, and I wouldn't reach a conclusion and it would be distracting and uncomfortable. I can deal with guilt. Wondering if I should be feeling guilty is much worse.

Aaaaawwww! That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me Rose!

My personal attitude is that I made the purchase for the episode, and it's my right to view the episode after its official air date. That doesn't make viewing it on YouTube ethically sound, but I certainly would not lose sleep over it. I think it's disrespectful from the business end to make the buyer wait, while the ones who didn't pay a thing get second crack at the content. If anything, the consumer should be getting like advance-viewing VIP treatment, or at least a day-of release. We know it's possible (heartsandhoovesleakcough).

We both know what both sides are, and what they weigh ethically -- the fact you won't budge gives me great respect for your stalwart moral principles.

What species are you, anyway?

My personal attitude is that I made the purchase for the episode, and it's my right to view the episode after its official air date. That doesn't make viewing it on YouTube ethically sound, but I certainly would not lose sleep over it. I think it's disrespectful from the business end to make the buyer wait, while the ones who didn't pay a thing get second crack at the content. If anything, the consumer should be getting like advance-viewing VIP treatment, or at least a day-of release. We know it's possible (heartsandhoovesleakcough).

Sure it is a bit annoying to have second crack at it, but it is so cool that it is on iTunes that I am willing to give them a great deal of grace. The people who buy access to the hub are perhaps even more deserving than me at first crack at it. They are certainly paying way more on their monthly cable bill than I paid for an entire season on itunes.

We both know what both sides are, and what they weigh ethically -- the fact you won't budge gives me great respect for your stalwart moral principles.

What species are you, anyway?

Thank you. And:

I'd like to be a tree.