DosEquus

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am thoroughly enjoying Korra as the airbender. But will we ever see a flashback involving Aang? I would love to see him as an older man around mid 20s-30s and the others also from the original cast.

2: Is it me, or does the firebender in the intro look like an old Zuko? I'm pretty sure that's the fire crown in his hair, plus it looked like rather regal robes he was wearing. Maybe we'll see an old Zuko like we saw an old Katara? That would be cool, even if he only shows up for one episode.

In the intro it's the previous three Avatars, first the earth bender--Kyoshi, then the fire bender Roku, then the airbender Aang, followed by Korra--the water tribe. Coincidentally, the avatar before Kyoshi was a water bender named Korrin. >_> yeah. Not Zuko. If you recall, from the first series, Roku was friends with the firelord, and the crown was a gift. :3

also, omgwaitwat4thepisodewhearr!??!

A reminder that links to copyrighted/pirated materials is against board policy. Don't do it, kiddies.

Should we agree to just link to official videos then? (in other words the video links from nick.com) I don't think that should be a problem.

I believe they currently have up to episode 4 on nick.com. I assume we'll see episode 5 up by midweek. If we are to link to any avatar related media in here...

By the way folks, hate to say it but I am taking a while to warm up to Korra it seems.

As in the show in general, not saying its a bad series mind you I am liking what I see but... I dont have as much enthusiasm for this as I did the original series and I know why.

The thing about the original series that made me like it right away is that it was a brand new universe and a brand new mythos to explore,

There was a sense of adventure with the original series, where the series was not locked down to one location and there was a whole brand new world to explore.

Here, we are stuck in one location and we already know about how the world works and the famous places are, there is nothing new here except for the main story itself.

Not saying this is a bad thing but for someone like me who likes it when a universe shows off brand new things you have not seen before and slowly explains how it works and engages you in the environment.

This is why I got into Gargoyles, Star Trek, Doctor Who, My Little Pony FiM, The original Avatar series and heck even Twilight engaged me a bit despite how bad it is.

Now I am not slamming this series or talking trash on it but I just feel that I am not as engaged as I was for the original series, its not really an age thing or a complete blind devotion to the original series thing but more or less I am not warming up to the series as much as I would like to.

Dont get me wrong, I like this series, its characters and its story but it just feels... off for me and i cant be the only one who feels like this.

Your thoughts?

I still have hope that the villain turns out to be more interesting then he seems right now.

Loved Lin Beifong in the recent episode. You don't get kick-flank old ladies so often.

Up to now, I think the greatest strength of LOK has been introducing neat concepts that expend on what was established in TLA, like the metalbender police, the bending tournaments and the chi blockers movement.

Zuko started out pretty cool. He had some old, wise uncle who tried to guide him, but he was so driven. You could see conflict there right from the get-go. So far, Amon is just a random nutjob. They'll probably get to why down the road. I'm just worried he's more of an Ozai (who was also boring).

And I agree with Davroth. Lin Beifong is awesome, and I need to see more of her.

I must admit I'm impressed that they haven't hewn too closely to the formula set by its predecessor. It's a very different show.

Zuko started out pretty cool. He had some old, wise uncle who tried to guide him, but he was so driven. You could see conflict there right from the get-go. So far, Amon is just a random nutjob. They'll probably get to why down the road. I'm just worried he's more of an Ozai (who was also boring).

I kinda disagree. I grew tired of his manic "I have to catch the Avatar" rather quickly. He only started to become interesting to me after he went into hiding with his uncle. Until then he felt kinda flat to me. ^^

Also, this. 1000 times this:

tumblr_m1f337mQdu1rpfx57o1_500.gif

Hope ya don't mind that I jump in here.

First of all, just watched ep. 6 and I am quite intrigued. I'd have never guessed that Amon would strike into Pro-Bending or that Tenzin and Lin had something going on.

On the note of Amon, anyone theorising beyond his ability to steal bending like me? I saw energybending when Aang used it, and since then I wondered where that energy went. If Aang just stole all of the bending energy inside Ozai or just erased it. And it energy is stolen, can it be given?

Point is, does Amon have the ability to infuse bending into people or objects, or are the Equalist weapons just what they seem, steampunk'd electricity machines and skills in chi blocking.

Second of all, I'm interested how many more references to the past can be put into LoK. Forget Korra's flashbacks, I'm talking Cabbage Corp.

Third of all, I see your gif and I try to one-up it.

1616.gif

Hope ya don't mind that I jump in here.

First of all, just watched ep. 6 and I am quite intrigued. I'd have never guessed that Amon would strike into Pro-Bending or that Tenzin and Lin had something going on.

On the note of Amon, anyone theorising beyond his ability to steal bending like me? I saw energybending when Aang used it, and since then I wondered where that energy went. If Aang just stole all of the bending energy inside Ozai or just erased it. And it energy is stolen, can it be given?

Point is, does Amon have the ability to infuse bending into people or objects, or are the Equalist weapons just what they seem, steampunk'd electricity machines and skills in chi blocking.

They made it clear that the anti bending weapons of the Equalists were technology. And really, I can see Amon secretly being a bender who somehow learned the energy bending thing, but I have a hard time believing that he personally recharges all those gauntlets by himself with the energy he stole from benders.

As for where the energy went, I'd assume that it just changed form, and returned as part of nature. Seems to fit best into the mindset of the show. When he took that mafia bosses bending, it did look like it all just dissipated into the air.

ALSO! WATERTRIBE!! :I

I've seen a lot of comparisons between Amon's power and Aang taking away Ozai's bending. And yeah, there's an obvious parallel that means something.

But when they talk about chi blocking, I can't help but think of Ty Lee (because she was awesome). Clearly not a bender, but she had the power to at least momentarily take away bending. So what if Amon somehow learned that skill and is using some kind of technology to make it strong enough to take away bending permanently.

It's more likely he's just a bender but crazy theories are fun.

Indeed. Another thing - Amon uses one hand to remove bending, Aang used two, if I remember. This may be because Ozai was so powerful, but it seems that bending removal works on one of the chakras (I'm a bit lost, but I think that's what it's meant to be). The guru in TLA wanted to help Aang open his chakras to release energy within him. This could mean that the power to bend lies inside a bender's head, in the brow/third eye chakra.

Or equally Amon could be just using normal chi-blocking but in a vital spot on someone's head which requires a lot of skill and thus only Amon can do it. I can't help but feel that the proper energy bending used by Aang was too flashy, and I doubt Aang wanted two huge beams of light to reach the sky. However, maybe after learning enough an energy bender can remove excess energy loss in the form of light.

And kicking to featherquill's mention of Ty Lee, as well as referring to the fact that at TLA finale Ty Lee was shown to have joined the Kiyoshi (Kyoshi?) warriors and taught them chi blocking, Amon could be a relative to one of the warriors, which also reinforces the theory of some people about Amon being related to Sokka.

And kicking to featherquill's mention of Ty Lee, as well as referring to the fact that at TLA finale Ty Lee was shown to have joined the Kiyoshi (Kyoshi?) warriors and taught them chi blocking, Amon could be a relative to one of the warriors, which also reinforces the theory of some people about Amon being related to Sokka.

Hadn't even thought about that, but the mask of Amon does have some similarities with the Kyoshi warrior's facepaint. And Ty Lee and Sokka (and Zuko's girlfriend who's name eludes me at the moment) were the only really relevant none benders in TLA who could even put up a fight against benders. So if Ty Lee and Sokka do turn out to be connected to the Equalists somehow, that would be kinda clever.

Naw. I'm thinkin' Amon isn't a bender.

I agree, he isn't a bender but I think he has to have met or related to someone who knew Ty Lee or the Kioshi Warriors. Just because of the Chi Blocking training. But really the only problem I have with him is, his face was burned and he lost his family. Zuko had his faced burned (for different reasons of course) and he lost his mom. Thankfully Uncle was there for him but he turned out ok. And I know Amon didn't have anyone, I get his point of making, but its just so extreme for what happened. And why is it always a firebender to blame for these things?

Archived