DustyCharm [FINAL]

DustyCharm

(Be super-critical please! I'm ready :20: )

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Dustycharm (Dusty or Duster for short)

Sex: Male

Species: Unicorn

Eye Color: Black

Coat Color: Brown

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Mane and tail are primarily black with dirty brown towards the ends. Both of which are messy and terribly unkept and while they are both covered in dirt they are not filthy.

Physique: Average most ways around. Standing like most any other pony his age with perhaps a little bit more than average muscular build due to his line of work and passion.

Cutie Mark: Wooden Mallet

Origin/Residence: Origionally born in Canterlot into a prestigious family of jewlers. Later finding his passion and talent which lead him to roam over Equestria freely. He doesn't call any one place his home. He calls Equestria his home.

Occupation: Miner and construction! Or destruction, depending on what the job calls for. He doesn't work for any one pony or group of ponies. Earning his bits as a pony for hire when ever somepony needs a massive amount of earth moved, excavated, or leveled. While also maintaining several supply lines of minerals, ores, and jewels to ponies whom need them. His prices are some of the best in Equestria because he looks only to make what he needs to live with and finds very little in monitary wealth.

Motivation: Dusty's motivations can flucuate now and then. More often than anything it's the thought of discovery. What could be beyond this bit of dirt or behind that rock. Discovery is his passion and the depths of the ground make his home. Some times though life of course will get him down and not even discovering a pocket of fire rubies will make him smile. Those times he finds his drive and smile again in the smiles of his customers or conversation with fellow ponies.

Likes: Digging! Thats his biggest like of course and is in the ground 90% of the time. He likes cloudless nights and a good pie. Meeting new ponies and having a good conversation.

Dislikes: Mushrooms. He hates mushrooms but can make a mushroom stew which will knock your horse shoes off. He also doesn't like to be disturbed while he's working.

Character Summary: (summarized) Dusty was born in Canterlot to the pair of prolific Jewelers: Mr. And Mrs. Charm. Dusty wasn't always the down to earth dirty pony he is now. Having been born into high society he was brought up to act like the high class pony of his parents and peers. He didn't care for it but while in the public eye he stood straight and proper with not a hair out of place through out his early Colthood. Training under his parents in the art and trade of fine jewelry craft; his father was the master of metal work where his mother was the fore most in gem cutting and location. Dusty found a niche in gem cutting as he couldn't shape metal into anything but a slightly more attractive lump.

Dusty first got his hooves dirty during a gem hunt with his mother. They were looking for a particularly rare gem for an intricate and lavish tiara for their newest and most important customer. The piece had to be finished for the Grand Galloping Gala and it was fast approaching. Several days of searching up and down Ghastly Gorge yielded plenty of other gems but not the illusive Sun Drop they were looking for. A gem which is said to be touched by the sun and the magics of Princess Celestia herself. Glowing in the darkest of rooms a warm yellow light. It was rare and they had given up on finding the gem the night before the Gala. By some stroke of luck or magic; Dusty had an overwhelming urge to dig. Just dig where he stood and he couldn't stop himself. His horn glowing and aiding his rapid excavation into the ground.

Dusty emerged, much to his mother's relief, covered in dirt and holding a bright glowing Sun Drop in his mouth. He passed out the moment he climbed from the hole. His mother carrying her young colt home and the treasure he dug up. Thanks to Dusy; Charm Jewelers were able to finish the tiara. The customer payed an extra fifty percent on top of the cost because she was so pleased with the piece. Thus the story of Dusty started. Over time his perfectly kept mane and spotless white coat would take on a rugged dirt covered look. He didn't get his Cutie Mark until a few years later after a chance encounter with wondrous cave.

To this day he still dreams about the sight within that cave. Dusty accidently tunneled into a cave during his many hours of digging and underground exploration. Dropping down from the roof of the cave he looked up to see a magical sight; mica coated the walls in the dark cave, glittering and sparkling from the few rays of light leaking down his tunnel. He sat admiring the almost night sky like appearance for several hours. When he emerged from his hole he was astonished to see a Wooden Mallet upon his flank. It was his Cutie Mark! But a wooden mallet? That didn't make any sense, did it? He liked to dig so why not a shovel? That's his special talent after all. Was it? Or did it represent hard work or the basic tool of almost any job? He still loved to dig, and that's what he wanted to do! Later he came to realize the wooden mallet represented his crude appearance and the hard work that came with it.

Dusty left his parents and Canterlot the year he entered his Stallionhood. Setting out to explore the deepest depths of Equestria and renaming himself; Dusty instead of his original birth name but keeping the second part. Dusty Charm gradually made a small reputation for him self. Starting at Ponyville as a construction pony for hire when ever a foundation needed to be excavated or a field rid of large stones and boulders. Later moving on and fanning out over Equestria, mostly through a slowly growing network of underground tunnels he bored out. Soon he started supplying ores and minerals to places like Appleloosa, gems and rare metals to Canterlot (primarily his parents) and Manehatten, and even marble and granite for the picky hotels of Las Pegasus. He was a small suppler but was known for providing the best to offer and the best of prices. Unfortunately he could never meet demand and is best known as a specialty dealer of fine earthly resources.

To current date, Dusty is known in some circles; mostly artisans or construction ponies who would have found him for his unique talent to move massive quantities of earth or find the rarest of resources. This has formed him into a friendly social pony whom is eager to help any one asking for it. However he does spend most of his days under ground tunneling and digging out of pleasure or work. So he can be hard to find unless you feel rumbling under your hooves. Years of darkness has left his eyes hypersensitive to light which is why he's always seen with his tinted goggles. Of course underground can be dangerous and he's gotten into a few tight spots; marked by scars on him where he had healed and his coat took on a grayish tone. Not to mention his identifying ear which was injured from a sharp stalactite. Most recently he wised up and aquired steel shoes to both help him dig and protect his hooves which had constantly been chipped and damaged from all the wear and tear.

Dusty isn't without his downfalls though. He may be a nice and friendly pony in person but if you interrupt him while he's digging he can get a little short tempered. If you ever manage to get to him while he's in the middle of digging a tunnel or excavating a bit of land it's best to leave him alone or wait till he notices you. Thats his big social downfall, the others are more physical. In the sense that he can't swim his way out of a puddle; sinking helplessly like a stone. Or paralizing fear of flying; he can easily do a forehoof stand on the edge of a cliff but if he's in the air and his hooves aren't touching the ground he's no more use than a pony shaped paper weight. Lastly he wouldn't call it a conn but he's always covered in dirt. His natural coat is a pure white but thanks to his favorite past time it's constantly browned by dirt. That doesn't make him filthy though, it's "a clean dirty" he calls it. He smells of fresh earthy soil all the time and may shed a little dirt here and there but for the most part he's not actually dusty like his name may imply.

So in short: Dusty is a Canterlotian work horse whom specializes in digging digging digging! Friendly and hard working while constantly wearing the marks of his labor and love.

1330240807.seragon_419373_3162378032622_1660476228_2730658_1591863034_n.jpg

Don't make the summary too big, might take the mods awhile to approve it XD

This character seems really interesting, and pretty fun to imagine. If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask! I would love to see this when it is finished

IT'S LOOOOOONG....bleh I need to make a summary of my summary....summaryception?

Well, a little while ago the mods requested that Applications be shorter and more streamlined, only a couple of paragraphs really, so that it was easier for the mods to accept them. But you could submit this long summary you have as a separate piece in the writing section and refer ponies to it if they wanted to learn more. Keep in mind I have absolutely no authority, so you can pretty do what you want when it comes to taking my advice.

Out of curiosity, how long exactly is your summary now?

Edit: Here is the thread where Skye asked Apps to be shorter http://www.canterlot.com/topic/5520-please-mind-your-application-lengths/page__fromsearch__1

*gets out the spininng top* yep we are still dreaming

unpossible!

Well, a little while ago the mods requested that Applications be shorter and more streamlined, only a couple of paragraphs really, so that it was easier for the mods to accept them. But you could submit this long summary you have as a separate piece in the writing section and refer ponies to it if they wanted to learn more. Keep in mind I have absolutely no authority, so you can pretty do what you want when it comes to taking my advice.

Out of curiosity, how long exactly is your summary now?

Edit: Here is the thread where Skye asked Apps to be shorter http://www.canterlot...__fromsearch__1

yeah I'm shortening it. I go a little over board with story telling some times.

Neat! Though I feel I need to make a couple of notes here before I can stamp this:

1. How he got the Cutiepox:

In the episode of the show depicting this, the flower Heart's Desire was connected to Applebloom getting this rare and mysterious disease. I would be more comfortable with seeing some consistency in that and having you switch out the mushrooms for Heart's Desire (As an addendum, I'm aware that normal plants and flowers usually cannot grow in caves... However we do need to remember this is Equestria, and the flower itself is rare anyway, so this is plausible).

2. More of a reminder than a note, the Cutiepox adds cutie marks, not change them. It could be possible for him to have received his actual cutie mark while infected, however it could not have been changed as a result of the infection.

Edited by Imagination

Neat! Though I feel I need to make a couple of notes here before I can stamp this:

1. How he got the Cutiepox:

In the episode of the show depicting this, the flower Heart's Desire was connected to Applebloom getting this rare and mysterious disease. I would be more comfortable with seeing some consistency in that and having you switch out the mushrooms for Heart's Desire (As an addendum, I'm aware that normal plants and flowers usually cannot grow in caves... However we do need to remember this is Equestria, and the flower itself is rare anyway, so this is plausible).

2. More of a reminder than a note, the Cutiepox adds cutie marks, not change them. It could be possible for him to have received his actual cutie mark while infected, however it could not have been changed as a result of the infection.

Hey thanks for the review!

Removed any mention of a mushroom in paragraph 3 and changed the origin of his cutie mark story in paragraph 4.

The only thing is in the 'Cutie Mark' tag, you mention that he theorizes his cutie mark changed due to the cutie pox. But then you've made no mention of it. I think it's just an oversight maybe, you can take that part out at he top and it should still be fine. Let me know when you've fixed that!

The only thing is in the 'Cutie Mark' tag, you mention that he theorizes his cutie mark changed due to the cutie pox. But then you've made no mention of it. I think it's just an oversight maybe, you can take that part out at he top and it should still be fine. Let me know when you've fixed that!

AH! I fixed the story cause it wasn't canon, I must have missed that tidbit when I was making the correction. Thanks for spotting that, it should be fixed now.