Insanity Dash(FINAL)

InsanityDash

Googleing "insomnialeptic" brings up your application as the first results. Being that -leptic comes from the Greek word for attack or seizure, it can technically make sense, but I've never heard nor seen the term before. I've only seen -leptic used in terms like epileptic, or narcoleptic which is the entire opposite of insomnia. Being the curious man I am, can I get the citations for the term? Like Socrates, I like to consider myself ignorant on everything and learn all I can.

...very sorry, I actually failed miserably and wrote the wrong thing... TTDTT ...Insomniatic is what I meant, I just typed it in horribly wrong...

http://www3.merriam-webster.com/opendictionary/newword_search.php?word=insomnia

Maybe when her wings burt, it hurt the first time, but beacuse she knew so much about herbs and potions she could her herself back to health ?

...there's an idea... =\ ...but then her cutie mark would be more related to potions, and if you think about it, then her wings would be totally normal and all ponies's wings would burn once they reached a certain speed. This, can't happen... =3 ...Rainbow Dash reached at least mach 10 when she did her sonic rain-boom, and that's beyond the fastest speed any living thing can go and still be alive, so there's a huge logic error there... x.x ...I'll continue thinking about it though, thanks for helping yet again!...

at 2:45 ...sorry, that's her face, my bad... x3

It definitely looks like she just got a little singed. In the before shot, the fire doesn't even look like it touches her, it just comes really close. So, she got a little burned, but she never actually caught on fire.

...and as for friends, I've been RPing for awhile and I have friends from other sites that I can incorporate as NPCs, like Ilsondier, if that's better...

NPC's are fine. :)

...there's an idea... =\ ...but then her cutie mark would be more related to potions, and if you think about it, then her wings would be totally normal and all ponies's wings would burn once they reached a certain speed. This, can't happen... =3 ...Rainbow Dash reached at least mach 10 when she did her sonic rain-boom, and that's beyond the fastest speed any living thing can go and still be alive, so there's a huge logic error there... x.x ...I'll continue thinking about it though, thanks for helping yet again!...

You're trying to apply logic to a show about magic colorful ponies? :shock:

Also, as you said, Dash reached ludicrous speeds, and her wings never caught on fire. So having that happen would be pretty abnormal, and would need significant reason.

It definitely looks like she just got a little singed. In the before shot, the fire doesn't even look like it touches her, it just comes really close. So, she got a little burned, but she never actually caught on fire.

NPC's are fine. :)

...hrm, you're probably right about the fire, I guess I just didn't spend the time to analyze it too much though... x3

You're trying to apply logic to a show about magic colorful ponies? :shock:

Also, as you said, Dash reached ludicrous speeds, and her wings never caught on fire. So having that happen would be pretty abnormal, and would need significant reason.

...yes, I am, and this guy did too...

..everything requires a bit of logic, otherwise it's just nonsense. Ponies aren't nonsense, so they must have at least a bit of logic to them...

-Physique: Fairly average, strong muscles, close to no fat, light-weight, skinny, slightly shorter than average.

Just a little thing, but first you say she's average, then you say she's skinny and short. That doesn't sound average. :P

-Cutie Mark Story: Her cutie mark is two ashen wings, with a blaze of fire in-between; She received her cutie-mark after flying so fast that her wings caught on fire. This event happened one day when she raced Ilsondier's per Phoenix, Char. Because the phoenix shed it's feathers fairly often, and Insanity liked the look of them on her wings, when she raced Char, the Phoenix feathers blended in with her normal feathers and protected her. Her normal feathers still burnt off, and she had to take a special recovery potion to make her wings look normal again, but ever since, her wings have been nearly fire-proof. She also gained some sort of 'addiction' to high-speed racing, and joins in races every now and then just for fun. She also never flies fast enough for her wings to catch fire around other ponies, mostly because she thinks they might find it scary, or that she might hurt them by doing such.

Since they are so rare, we don't allow anypony to have a Phoenix who hasn't been shown to have one in show. And again, I'm not fond of the wings catching on fire thing.

After a month or so, her parents took her on an expedition into a dangerous part of the Everfree Forest because they couldn't find a baby-sitter. After the first four days, Insanity was dropped onto the ground from her carrying sack while she was sleeping, her parents forgetting about her for an entire day.

I ran this by some of the other staff, and after talking, we're not really okay with this. They really forgot about her for an entire day? Mmm... nu-uh. Maybe an hour or two, maybe. But that's like, their kid. It would be like one of the parents forgetting their spouse. It's just not something you do. And they'd go look for her after they found out she was missing, surely. Why couldn't/didn't they find her?

Upon buying her house, she decided to make the first floor of it a shop, so that ponies could buy the potions and medicine she made. She hired a friend to do the shop work for her, and she handled the deliveries by herself after receiving a job as a mail-mare.

Why did she become a mail-mare if she already had a job? I mean, it just doesn't make sense to me, but maybe you know something I don't. She already has a job, and getting a second just means she has to hire someone to run the shop she created... rather than her just running the shop herself and reaping all the profits.

Her House: (to be put in a spoiler)

The room to the left of the entrance of her house is a 100ft x 100ft x 12ft room fully filled with herbs. The herb variety covered every plant from useful flowers, all the way to poisonous and dangerous ones that could hurt a pony if they we'rent careful. To the right of her door, she has a room 50ft x 20ft x 12ft full of display cases and shelves filled with potions, alchemical ingredients, medicines, potions, and even a few sodas and food items that she put there as a joke. The downstairs portion of her house is blocked by a stone-button, Daring Doo-style keypad and a foot-thick reinforced, solid steel door with a couple reinforced peg-locks, just because she puts her most dangerous experiments downstairs. If you made it through the door, there are three other doorways, one to a storage area, one to a viewing area of a large underground lab, and one to the lab itself. The entire downstairs area is completely white, with air-tight seals and special crystals integrated into the ceiling that shone light, and restore the oxygen in the air. Upstairs is her living area, which consists of one long hallway with 5 guest rooms, one personal bed room, one kitchen, and four other empty rooms that are always kept locked.

Honestly, I would suggest taking this whole thing out. You can keep it somewhere else for YOUR benefit, but unless any of this actually comes up in Roleplay, why is it needed in the Application at all? The only pony who knows what it looks like is YOUR pony, so anyone that she meets or anyone that comes to visit will have to explore it by themselves, or more likely, be given a tour.

Her bracers are made of stone, and are magically enchanted to make her slightly lighter and to have better reflexes then she normally would.

Hmmm, enchanted by what, who, how, where, and when?

When magic is used on her, she usually feels a strong pain in the areas touched by the magic.

I would leave this bit out and just let it be revealed in Roleplay if it comes up.

...Pic of Insanity is my avatar...

I would suggest adding the pic to your Application. You might want to change your avatar some time. ;)

Just a little thing, but first you say she's average, then you say she's skinny and short. That doesn't sound average. :P

-...by average, she looks average. I don't mean she's noticeably short or skinny, just slightly. She wouldn't stand out in a crowd...

Since they are so rare, we don't allow anypony to have a Phoenix who hasn't been shown to have one in show. And again, I'm not fond of the wings catching on fire thing.

-...so you don't want me to have fire at all related to my character? I guess I can understand the phoenix thing, maybe, but I don't understand what you mean by 'not fond'. Are you prohibiting this characteristic unanimously? Or are you willing to accept it if I can find a reasonable excuse. I'm obviously spending most of my time trying on this one part, so I'd like to know if you're telling me to just stop or not...

edit: ...sorry, that sounds a little mean-intended as I re-read it, I meant to say something like, 'well I made the cutie mark already, and I need something related to fire!'...

I ran this by some of the other staff, and after talking, we're not really okay with this. They really forgot about her for an entire day? Mmm... nu-uh. Maybe an hour or two, maybe. But that's like, their kid. It would be like one of the parents forgetting their spouse. It's just not something you do. And they'd go look for her after they found out she was missing, surely. Why couldn't/didn't they find her?

-...well, yeah. You're kinda right there... =\ ...I'll change it to an hour...

Edit: ...ten minutes... x3 ...and a slightly more likely story...

Why did she become a mail-mare if she already had a job? I mean, it just doesn't make sense to me, but maybe you know something I don't. She already has a job, and getting a second just means she has to hire someone to run the shop she created... rather than her just running the shop herself and reaping all the profits.

-...well, she was originally a mail-mare because she liked flying around Equestria, and because she needed money for a house. After she bought her shop, she stopped delivering mail for a few weeks, thinking she might get a bunch of customers. Most of the ponies in Canterlot didn't want anything to do with potions, so very few ponies even went to her shop. She just decided to go back to delivering mail to get money, leaving her shop open for mail-orders. So, she tried making money that way, but delivering mail was a more definite source of income...

edit: ...do I need to add this?...

Honestly, I would suggest taking this whole thing out. You can keep it somewhere else for YOUR benefit, but unless any of this actually comes up in Roleplay, why is it needed in the Application at all? The only pony who knows what it looks like is YOUR pony, so anyone that she meets or anyone that comes to visit will have to explore it by themselves, or more likely, be given a tour.

-...well, my house is a part of my pony. I'll take it out to appease you, but I like to give information about confusing things just so that they don't surprise anypony...

Hmmm, enchanted by what, who, how, where, and when?

-...well, I was thinking there would be some kind of odd ruins in the Everfree forest, where she just found four of them and thought they were pretty. No real explaination about what, who, or when. How is that some unicorn of the past enchanted them and placed them in a chest for later use, then something happened and his house eventually became an ancient ruin. Where is the Everfree forest...

edit: ...do I need to add this?...

I would leave this bit out and just let it be revealed in Roleplay if it comes up.

-...I usually like adding important bits of information like this, but it seems that in the general scheme of these responses to what I type up, you want me to leave my character inspesific and boring. That's pretty much it. I'll leave it out, sure, but it's usually helpful to leave stuff like this for reference...

I would suggest adding the pic to your Application. You might want to change your avatar some time. ;-)

-...okay, done... =3

Insainty woke up a minute later to realize that the hut was burning down around her. By instinct, she flew right at the door, despite it being on fire, and got safely out of the house. She then flew around above the hut just fast enough to make a whirl-wind, putting out the fire.

I was going to ask how a whirlwind could put out a fire. Then I remembered that scene in Sky High when the bad guys made a whirlwind around Warren Peace and sucked out all they oxygen around him. His power was fire, and without oxygen, there's nothing to light it.

Today she tries to never remember those times, because they make her incredibly sad, and sometimes even less sane.

Since you took out the bits about multiple personalities, you should probably remove this little bit that suggests she goes insane.

Her bracers are made of stone, and are magically enchanted to make her slightly lighter and to have better reflexes then she normally would.

Hm, you didn't answer my original questions about these. Where did she get them? What are they enchanted with?

I was going to ask how a whirlwind could put out a fire. Then I remembered that scene in Sky High when the bad guys made a whirlwind around Warren Peace and sucked out all they oxygen around him. His power was fire, and without oxygen, there's nothing to light it.

Since you took out the bits about multiple personalities, you should probably remove this little bit that suggests she goes insane.

Hm, you didn't answer my original questions about these. Where did she get them? What are they enchanted with?

1: Fire Whirlwind:

-...wow, that's one of the things I was quoting actually... XD ...I also saw in the parisprite episode where RD did her whirlwind thing to suck up all the parasprites...

2: Insane

-...Her name is Insanity, so I would like to keep at least one part in the app about this, because otherwise I'm killing a lot of reasons for her name already...

3: Bracers:

-...sorry, just didn't actually change it... x3

...I'm glad these critiques are getting shorter... =D ...I hope I pass soon!...

Edit: I'm done editing, I also added a bit more info about her parents.

2: Insane

-...Her name is Insanity, so I would like to keep at least one part in the app about this, because otherwise I'm killing a lot of reasons for her name already...

Wouldn't her parents or Zebra caretaker have named her this before they knew her quirks? Babies tend to get names, y'know... when they're born? She probably wouldn't remember the name her parents gave her, but Ilsondier obviously had to give her one.

3: Bracers:

-...sorry, just didn't actually change it... x3

Her bracers are made of stone, and are magically enchanted to make her slightly lighter and to have better reflexes then she normally would. One of her bracers also has a hollow-point where she stores a few sleeping pills for emergencies.

You still left it in. :P

Insanity has schizophrenia, so sometimes she can act different from her normal self

I've recently been learning about this illness, actually. Do you realize how serious of a thing it is to have schizophrenia? Regardless, I am putting my foot down and saying that this has to go. Schizophrenia is a very serious thing, and just like other illness and mental disorders, we don't want it in the RP. It's not something to make light of or use for fun. Simply put, we don't want those who actually have something like schizophrenia (or some other health issue) to be wrongly portrayed.

Wouldn't her parents or Zebra caretaker have named her this before they knew her quirks? Babies tend to get names, y'know... when they're born? She probably wouldn't remember the name her parents gave her, but Ilsondier obviously had to give her one.

You still left it in. :P

I've recently been learning about this illness, actually. Do you realize how serious of a thing it is to have schizophrenia? Regardless, I am putting my foot down and saying that this has to go. Schizophrenia is a very serious thing, and just like other illness and mental disorders, we don't want it in the RP. It's not something to make light of or use for fun. Simply put, we don't want those who actually have something like schizophrenia (or some other health issue) to be wrongly portrayed.

...I have schizophrenia in real life. I understand exactly how serious of a thing schizophrenia is. I have to constantly deal with having no idea how I got places, or even forgetting entire sections of my day because of it. I can't even drive my own car, even though my case is minimal. About Insanity, you're correct in being scared as to this mental disorder being incorrectly portrayed, but I feel that having it is important in her, and that using it as a character tool is vital to her personality. I guess I have to take it out, if you say I do, but it makes me cringe that you demand such a gigantic change in her personality. Would you be able to accept her schizophrenia as a Equestria Crossover pony?...

...I have schizophrenia in real life. I understand exactly how serious of a thing schizophrenia is. I have to constantly deal with having no idea how I got places, or even forgetting entire sections of my day because of it. I can't even drive my own car, even though my case is minimal. About Insanity, you're correct in being scared as to this mental disorder being incorrectly portrayed, but I feel that having it is important in her, and that using it as a character tool is vital to her personality. I guess I have to take it out, if you say I do, but it makes me cringe that you demand such a gigantic change in her personality. Would you be able to accept her schizophrenia as a Equestria Crossover pony?...

For one thing, the decision isn't entirely mine. It was a decision made by our Admin Manestream, and I stand by it. Also, the schizophrenia bit JUST got added in... so I'm not sure how you can say it is "vital to her personality". Also, no, it would not be allowed in Crossovers. Mental disorders and illnesses have no place in the RP. "we don't want it in the RP"—I said it in my previous post, and I meant it. There was a reason I did not say Mane RP specifically. I meant in any area of the Roleplay here on Canterlot.com.

For one thing, the decision isn't entirely mine. It was a decision made by our Admin Manestream, and I stand by it. Also, the schizophrenia bit JUST got added in... so I'm not sure how you can say it is "vital to her personality". Also, no, it would not be allowed in Crossovers. Mental disorders and illnesses have no place in the RP. "we don't want it in the RP"—I said it in my previous post, and I meant it. There was a reason I did not say Mane RP specifically. I meant in any area of the Roleplay here on Canterlot.com.

...alright, well I kinda figured that you would guess she had multiple personalities from when I said she had voices... :3

The reason we are asking people not to use illnesses for their OC's primarily hinges on representation of that group as a whole. Even if you are of that group- through your actions with an OC you will be portraying behavioral choices that may or may not be related, and there is no way for outside individuals to know that. Also, your actions as an individual should not speak for others in a group, but by adding the label of belonging to that group, you invite others to interpret your RP'ed behavior, and thusly, actions and stereotypes as fitting, or belonging to that group.

I strongly feel this decision to omit handicaps and/or conditions more respectful of the individuals who live with them, than less. I understand that you identify with this group, and I apologize if my decision seems harsh or incorrect, but I do it to protect many groups by preventing the wrongful development of stereotypes through our RP. After all, we have a very young and impressionable crowd participating in our board.

I genuinely apologize for any disappointment this might bring, but would appreciate your understanding in this decision.

If there is a personality trait you are having trouble expressing in this OC without using labels, I would be glad to try to offer some helpful solutions.

• Like 1

...and I told you to take that out (which you did) awhile ago. You seem to still be trying to push it. :/

...I'm sorry I guess I am... x.x ...I'm just disappointed. I wanted to RP with Insanity, but if I change her any more, I'd just have to change her name. Insanity used to have a perfectly-woven BIO that I perfected over the last four months, but now It's a bunch of whatever-works thrown together in order to pass this approval... =\ ...I'd be more happy to just not keep it in WIP forever and RP in Free-For-All with the insane pony that I originally created. This new 'Insanity Dash' makes me Cringe...

...then again, I am still subject to your rules, so If you just want me to continue attempting to make my character meet them, I'll try my best...

Your welcome to RP your character as you wish in the FFA and crossover sections, but I am going to ask you to leave out labels that identify your OC as belonging to a particular group (so that there is no risk of misrepresenting them.) In Crossovers and FFA, your pony can hear voices, etc, just be cautious of what your actions may send a message about.

If you desire to RP in the Mane RP with this character, then your correct, and fundamentally your character needs to change. I understand staying true to your vision, but the character is too out of alignment in design for it to fit into what the Mane RP is looking for. This makes it a perfect candidate for Crossovers, and FFA, or private RP's. And as always, your welcome to create another OC that does fit within the scope of the Mane RP so that you can participate there. We certainly dont enjoy having to turn creative characters from the Mane RP, but its necessary in order to maintain and preserve the type of RP the Mane RP represents.

I certainly encourage your creativity in the less restricted RP forums- this is exactly what they are for- OC's that branch out and carve a niche of their own.

...I'd be more happy to just not keep it in WIP forever and RP in Free-For-All with the insane pony that I originally created. This new 'Insanity Dash' makes me Cringe...

I did mention this early on, and it still stands:

Remember that much of what doesn't go for the Mane RP can work in Crossovers. There is no limit to the amount of characters you can have, so you can always keep this one mostly as-is and apply again with a different character.

...alright, well I kinda figured that you would guess she had multiple personalities from when I said she had voices... :3

Excuse me, while I don't mean to butt in or get off topic, but someone having a 'multiple personalities'/dissociative personality disorder and hearing voices are not quite one in the same. Sure, the etymology of the word schitzophrenia literally means 'split mind', but as a medical disorder? While the symtoms and affects of various contitions may overlap, and can be hard to discern when someone has multiple disorders with related syptoms, a characterer that has a 'split' personality isn't enough of an indication to affirm what type of schitzophrenia they would have, let alone schitzophrenia in general. While I already know that Mane and Tales have ruled that out (and I agree with them on the matter), and as much as I'd rather not sound like a know-it-all, I just wanted to point that out.

• Like 1