MLP:FiM Survey

Immersa

Hi, all. Just thought I would spread the word about a survey that has popped up, and this forum seemed like the best place to share (Mods/admins feel free to move if I'm wrong). Michelle Creber posted it on her facebook wall, as well.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KVCWJBX

For those wondering before the link is clicked:

Thank you for your interest in answering my questions about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (MLP). My name is Rebecca Hains, and my colleagues and I are doing research through Salem State University on MLP. In this project, we are studying the reasons why various audience members enjoy the show.

In this phase, we are particularly interested in hearing from adult audience members who identify as bronies or pegasisters.

The survey will take approximately 20 minutes to complete.

When this research is complete, we will share the results with the MLP fan community.

Your participation in this project is completely voluntary. There are no right or wrong answers. All answers will remain completely anonymous; furthermore, your name will not be used in any reports written by the researcher. You do not have to answer any questions that may make you feel uncomfortable. There are no risks associated with this study.

This questionnaire mostly includes open-ended questions, asking you to type out answers for your responses. The more detail you can include, the better. Depending on the level of detail in your answers and how quickly you type, it may take about an hour for you to answer all of the questions on this form. I am grateful to you for any time you can spend on this project.

If you have any questions about this research, you may contact me at rhains [at] salemstate.edu. Note that this research project has been approved by the Institutional Review Board at Salem State. For concerns about your treatment as a research participant, please contact the IRB at 978-542-7556 or 978-542-7177, or irb [at] salemstate.edu. Their mailing address is also included below:

Institutional Review Board (IRB)

Sponsored Programs and Research Administration

Salem State University

352 Lafayette Street

Salem, MA 01970

(978) 542-7556 or (978) 542-7177 or irb [at] salemstate.edu

I did it as soon as this topic was posted. very fun if you like surveys (which I do).

took me 58 minutes while multitasking. no personal info is required

It's pretty much all free response questiona. Very few multiple choice questions. So yeah, could be time consuming, especially if you can get wordy when prompted to write. I was pretty succinct with my answers, but it still took me 30 minutes.

Questions are pretty typical fare, I'd say. I didn't mind taking it. I like participating in surveys. :)

Nice survey. Plenty of room to write your thoughts and an open ended final question along the lines of 'Anything else you'd like to say or you think I've missed?'

Took me about 50 minutes while also eating dinner. :)