Ponyville Party [Pinkie Pie must be here and Open to all]

IceStorm

It had only been about twenty minutes since Rarity had finished Ice Storm's dress, and she carefully made her way to the party that Pixie, Gerty and Golden had invited her to earlier today. She looked at the doors and took a deep breath. Ice Storm didn't know what to expect in a party here. All she knew was at the very least she was looked nice, and there would be other ponies here. Hopefully she would be able to make a good first impression with most of the ponies here in Ponyville and getting her own business up wouldn't take all that long. She started to approach and when she did she saw Gerty outside. She appeared to be waiting for guests. "Hello again Gerty!" Ice said enthusiastically. "Happy Anniversary, I just left the boutique and it wasn't too long before the party was supposed to start. Hopefully I'm not too early," she commented politely. She couldn't wait for everything to get started. If this was a party open to everypony, then she would be able to meet most of ponyville. It completely filled her insides with warmth and joy, something she never felt in Canterlot.

"Oh, it's fine... You look wonderful." Gerty said.

"Please, come in." Golden added.

Pixie was peacefully sitting down inside, making a long paper chain. She enjoyed decorating the house so much that she got a bit carried away and continued to make colourful paper chains. She found that it gave her something to do. Though her paper chains were far from perfect. She wasn't good at arts and crafts. But Pixie enjoyed helping and having a good try at it. She smiled when she heard Ice Storm's voice. Pixie flew up into the air and attatched the paper chain onto the wall while beaming a glorious smile of pure joy. The pegasus really was happy to celebrate such a special day with her parents.

Ice storm smiled and walked inside. The decorations were simply stunning. There were paper chains, piniatas, balloons galore, everything you could think of for a party. Ice storm saw Pixie punning the finishing touches on the paper chain and then flew up and put it on the wall. "Wow Pixie, everything looks amazing. I don't think they every decorated this much in Canterlot. Of course I can't say, I never got to go to anything there, but still! This had to have taken a long time to get set up!" she said looking around. "Since I am a smidgen bit early, is there anything I can do to help?"

Dunder Blust was flying towards the party. He was exhausted, for he had gotten lost and flew around for a while before finally getting back on track. He had flown to Cloudsdale and back at full speed to drop off his saddlebags as well as his sword. Also, looking around for the party was no help either. Fortunately, for him, Ponyville was small enough that he only had to look around for a little while before finding the home.

He landed in front of the house softly, trying not to attract too much attention. He fixed his hair a bit and unruffled his coat a bit before stepping inside. He didn't seem to be late, in fact he was a little early. Ice Storm got there before him, that was another high point. "Hey!" He said enthusiastically. "I'm here now, and a little early." He said before walking to the snack table and having a few drinks of punch.

"Oh, the decorations are all complete now... How about you take it easy and enjoy your self." Pixie spoke kindly as she landed beside Ice Storm.

"Welcome to the party. The other guests will be here shortly... I am sure of it." Golden spoke kindly as the second guest had arrived.

Gerty smiled softly. She wandered around and gave the two guests her hoof made greetings cards. The middle aged card maker loved making other pony folk happy. She was greatful that the two had arrived to celebrate with her. As a way of thanking her guests, she just had the urge to make colourful greetings cards with funny captions to make them smile. Golden was also smiling. When Gerty was giving out greetings cards, he thought about all of the great things they had done together. The biggest one was raising a family of their own and watching their children grow up. It was ashame that the twins couldn't be there to celebrate. But they were awfully busy with work.

Ice Storm nodded to Pixie when she said that all the decorations were complete. Rarity had told her that all the parties in Ponyville were quite entertaining, and that there was going to be lots of fun stuff to do. She could only imagine how many ponies were going to show up to it. She was also looking forward to when Rarity would be able to make it. She had to stay behind a bit and work on closing up the store, but she really wanted to get to know the unicorn some more. And then there was this Pinkie Pie that Rarity had spoke of. She said that she was a very interesting pony, but parties made by her were always very entertaining. She wondered if she would be attending this party. She could only hope. The more ponies that showed up the more ponies Ice had a chance to make friends with.

"Thanks again for inviting me today Pixie. I've only been in Ponyville a few hours and I already feel more welcome here than I did the entire time I lived in Canterlot. I was even able to get something Rarity for the party today, Everypony is just so much nicer here." she said turning to show the dress she was able to get thanks to Rarity helping her, a lot. She knew that Rarity was taking a big hit on this dress and she could have gotten a lot more from it, but Rarity looked extremely happy once the transaction was completed. As she turned she noticed Gerty behind her with a greeting card. She could tell that it was hoof made, and it was simply magnificent. "Why thank you, like I just finished telling Pixie, I can't thank you enough for inviting me today." she said with a smile noticing that Dunder had made it as well. She was very happy to see that, and he was already hitting the punch bowl. "Hey!" she said with a wave. "Glad to see you could make it too!" she smiled.

(EDIT: didn't notice Gerty handing out the Greeting card when Originally posted. Edited post to account for action taken.)

Dunder Blust finished drinking his punch before he accepted the card from the pony. He smiled as he opened it and read the card. The phrase inside was somewhat cheesy, but it made Dunder smile a genuine smile and laughed a bit. "Thank you so much! This is so nice of you!" He closed the card and looked up at her with a smile still on his face, "And congratulations for your 25th anniversary!" He said enthusiastically before taking another drink of punch from his cup. He didn't actually know their anniversary number and read it on the spot from a background decoration.

He turned to look at Ice Storm. "It's good to see you too. I can see that you and Rarity made a deal for the dress. Also, the dress looks lovely on you."

"Well, your both very welcome... Everypony should be invited to parties and friendship is what life is all about!" Gerty spoke with a smile.

"We were glad that you could come. Celebrations aren't really celebrations without having friends there with us." Pixie added.

The three ponies seemed very happy. They all smiled as they did their own thing. Pixie was pouring her self a small glass of punch. Gerty was fussing over Golden's bowtie. She was determined to make it look straight. Golden Heart, on the other hoof, was trying to make his wife laugh by taking her rose with his teeth and leading her into a waltz. After a few moments, Gerty began to laugh while blushing at her husband's cheeky antics. After she had laughed, Golden placed her rose back into her mane and allowed her to straighten his bowtie.

Ice couldn't help but let a small giggle and a nod when Golden started t waltz with his wife. After being together for twenty-five years, it was definitely quite an accomplishment. Hearing that friendship was what life was all abut made Ice very happy as well. That meant to ponies here valued friendship over everything else, and it was a trait that she was quickly discovering was true about everyone in ponyville. Of the few ponies that she has met, everyone has been really nice and has helped her. Ice Storm made her way over to the punch next to Pixie and Dunder. "So Pixie, I remember that you said that you don't live here in Ponyville, what's it like where you're from?" she asked taking a small drink of her punch. It was quite delicious, and she just had to know what flavor it was. This flavor would make an amazing snow cone. "Oh wow, this punch is amazing. This would make a perfect snow cone flavor once I get opened up," she said with a smile.

Dunder Blust laughed as he watched Golden do the small dance with GertyHe laughed as he watched them, but couldn't help but feel a slight bit jealous. They were already happily married and their love is still strong. Dunder sucks at talking to mares and the uncertainty of a girlfriend or even marriage is far too much. As the anxiety filled his stomach, he was glad Gerty and Golden stopped dancing. He still wore the happy emotions well, not letting the worry overcome him. To mask it further, he went to the table and started to eat some food that was there. When Ice Storm mentioned the snow cone store, it hit him. He couldn't help but think that she used his money to buy the dress, but he didn't look at her. He just went back to eating.

"I live in Cloudsdale... But I spent my fillyhood in this house with my parents." Pixie replied. "Its cherry and rasberry punch."

Gerty nearly tripped over her own hooves. Golden caught her with her wings and helped her back up. He didn't want his clumsy wife to have any accidents on their special day. He already saw her in his clinic more than any other patients. Then again, that's what tends to happen when a doctor falls in love with an accident prone earth pony. He even gets to spend time with her at work. He still didn't like the thought of her getting hurt though. Gerty smiled and thanked him. She felt lucky that she had fallen in love with such a gentlestallion,

Ice Storm nodded when Pixie said that she lived in Cloudsdale but he spend her fillyhood here, and added that it was raspberry and cherry punch. "Oh, it's really, really good." she said in response to the punch, as she heard something sound like it was falling from behind her. She looked back and saw that everything was taken care of. She turned back around and smiled. "So then, what's everypony like around here then? Who all are you expecting to be here? I'm really excited to meet everypony," she said, "In any sense you're lucky to have parents as amazing as yours look. I wish my parents were just remotely close to that, they just mainly ignored me," she stated in a slightly sour expression. She wasn't going to get into it though, this was a party. She didn't know a lot about parties, but she did know the point of parties was to have fun.

Dunder Blust nodded to pixie, "I haven't seen you around Cloudsdale...Well, it is a big city..." He said before taking a drink from his cup. "Raspberries? No wonder I like this so much." He said before taking another drink. Dunder looked over at Ice when she made her comment about parents, "Please, this is a time for happiness. Happy that this couple has been together for 25 years..." Dunder said and smiled awkwardly at Ice Storm. "Anyway... I heard there were fireworks?" Dunder asked.

"The fireworks will be set off later on in the evening." Golden Heart informed them.

"Hey, aren't you going to cut the cake together. I'll take a photo!" Pixie Parcel said.

"Okay... It will be another one for the memory book." Gerty replied with a smile.

Pixie Parcel walked into the other room to collect the camera while Golden Heart walked into the kitchen to collect a knife. The three meeted up in the living room where the party was. Golden and Gerty stood by the cake. Both of them were holding onto the knife. Pixie got ready to take the picture.

"Say dandelions!" Pixie spoke with a smile.

The pair both said the word 'dandelions' as the picture was taken. Pixie smiled. She had taken a good photo. Usually, when she took a photo it always appeared to be blurred or distorted. However, this time it looked good.

Ice Storm smiled at everypony getting along. It was something that she wasn't used to herself, but she knew that would be a lovely thing to get used to in itself. She took another sip of her punch and looked towards dunder. "Indeed, I can't wait until the sun goes down. I'm sure the display will be amazing," Ice Storm said to the others in the room looking to the door. She really hoped that they wouldn't be the only ponies here to celebrate an occasion such as this. Such a feat required a large party as they had planned. She only hoped that they wouldn't be disappointed. They seemed like a nice couple, and she didn't want their special day getting soured. Ice did still feel a bit uncomfortable at the party though. Mainly because this was her first party and well, she didn't really know what she was supposed to do.

Dunder watched and laughed a little when they took the picture. Almost as though if their happiness carried onto him. He looked over at Ice and nodded in agreement with her, "Yep! Fireworks are amazing! I love them." He said with a smile. Dunder watched her shift her gaze to the door. He also looked to the door, hoping another pony would walk in. He didn't really want just them 5 to be the only ponies. But the family seemed happy as it was. He was just glad that they weren't feeling disappointed that Dunder and Ice were the only ones to show up.

Golden looked at the door. He couldn't see anypony coming. Perhaps he should have made invitations. Well, when he thought about it, Golden Heart wasn't very good at that kind of artsy stuff. His wife on the other hoof, was very good at it. But he was supposed to think of what they needed and his wife and daughter were in charge of decorations. He looked at the pin the tail on the pony game. There was no use in letting it go to waste. The stallion looked at the others and smiled. Perhaps they were up for a game or two...

"Who wants to play pin the tail on the pony?" He asked.

((Seemed like a good time to have Rarity make her entrance! ;)))

Rarity nodded as she approached the home Ice Storm had told her about, where apparently they were having a party. She didn't know anything about the party, who was having it or why. Ice Storm had most cordially extended to her an invitation though, and after Ice had partaken in her shop's services, buying a lovely dress from Rarity for the occasion, she was happy to accept that invitation!

Rarity was, however, running a little late. While Ice Storm had left the shop and went immediately to the party, Rarity had had to close up the boutique and then face the very real dilemma of deciding what to wear. Not knowing the occasion, it had been particularly difficult. She didn't know if it was a casual or formal affair. She would have asked Ice, but it hadn't seemed like that pony had known much about it in the first place.

Ultimately, after many minutes of going back and forth between dress selections, the dressmaker eventually settled on something simple yet elegant. A fine violet dress that, while beautiful, would not steal the show from the dress she had sold Ice. It seemed like a perfect, safe pick that would go over well no matter the crowd. Having settled on that dress, Rarity had left immediately for the party, but as it were, time had moved and she was set to be fashionably late.

The door was open, so Rarity just strolled right in. Almost immediately she noticed Ice Storm and walked toward her. She smiled at her new friend and how great she looked in the dress Rarity had made. It really was like it was custom made for her.

"Why, hello again, Ice Storm, dear! I came as soon as I could," she said with cheer. She then looked around. The crowd was quite small, only a hoofful of ponies seemed to be attendance, and she couldn't remember having met any of them. Maybe Rarity wasn't as late as she thought? Or maybe this party was a more private affair and she was intruding. She hoped that wasn't the case.

She turned to the others, and started in a strong voice, "Greetings everypony! I am Rarity, proprietor of Ponyville's very own Carousel Boutique. I hope it's no intrusion, and I apologize for the tardiness of my arrival, but Ice Storm here courteously extended an invitation to this lovely affair to me earlier today, and I couldn't very well refuse her! It's a pleasure to make your acquaintances!"

Ice Storm heard Golden Heart ask about Pin the Tail on the Pony, and she was about to enthusiastically jump on the invitation when the door opened and a wide smile appeared on her face when she saw Rarity walk into the room. Rarity walked right over to her and greeted her again. "Hey Rarity, I'm glad you were able to make It. We were just about to play Pin the Tail on the Pony!" Ice said with a smile as Rarity introduced herself to the other ponies in the room. At this moment, the day that she moved the ponyville had become the single most happy, and the single best day of her entire life. she had friends, and it her self-esteem had been picked up so much from just these five ponies that she didn't think that she could ever be unhappy again. This had made her decision final. Moving to ponyville was the single most best decision she had made in her life.

Dunder Blust was happy that the other stallion had suggested that they play some pin the tail on the pony. One of Dunder's personally favorite party games. As he began to walk over to where the poster was set up, he saw another pony walk in.This one was a white mare with a purple mane. He could sear that he had seen her before, but he couldn't put his hoof on it. When she introduced herself as Rarity, he facehoofed as the memory came back. "Pleasure to meet you too!" Dunder greeted her. Dunder turned back and walked to the pin the tail on the pony poster and waited his turn.

Pixie smiled when Rarity walked through the door. She knew that other ponies would make it to the party. Gerty smiled and looked into Golden's eyes. Golden Heart quickly kissed his wife before looking at Rarity and smiling. He didn't need to make invitations after all. He hoped that the mare would be happy to join in with the games. He knew that she had a shop where she sold her hoof crafted clothing. But he had never really tslked to her, despit living in Ponyville for the adult part of his life.

"It's great that you came..." Golden spoke to Rarity.

"I'm glad that you could come here to celebrate with us." Gerty added.

"Who's taking the first turn at pin the tail on the pony?" Pixie asked.

Rarity smiled. It seemed everypony was welcoming here. What a relief. She relaxed herself and smiled at her hosts.

"Indeed. Thank you for having me," she said. She took note of the decorations. The large banner told her what she needed to know. This was a 25th anniversary party, likely for the two older looking ponies who exchanged some affectionate displays. "Congratulations on your anniversary!"

"Pin the tail on the pony you say though? I do enjoy a good game of that from time to time!" she started with a laugh, remembering many occasions playing the part favorite with Pinkie and the others.

"Hmm..." Ice thought to herself, who should get the first turn for the game. She was new to partying so she didn't know what determined who got to go first or not. She was happy to just be there at the moment and have a chance to play the game. She couldn't think on anywhere else she'd rather be at the moment. Rarity was here, and every other pony she had met today was here, and they were all having fun and getting along. That was something unheard of in Canterlot, at least the section that she was in. "Well, I think we should... well I don't know... how do ponies usually decide who goes first at parties?" she asked blushing her inexperience with parties showing already.

Dunder stood by the pin the tail on the pony poster. He was waiting for Rarity to finish greeting everypony so that they could play. He was glad that Rarity arrived, everypony seemed happy that more ponies were coming...er at least one more pony came. When Ice asked how they chose who went first, Dunder was going to ask her if she ever played before. Then he remembered that she had only over been to Canterlot parties and they must have no games there. "Well, whoever wants to go first, goes. Of course after saying that they're going to go first." Dunder said to Ice.

"It would be rude of us to go first..." Gerty said.

"We are family and it only seems right that one of our friends get's the first turn." Golden added.

Pixie went off to get a blindfold. She returned with a red blindfold that was covered in sequins which gave it a defined shine. The blindfold had been in the family since Pixie was a young foal. She never knew where it came from. However, she always liked the blindfold. It seemed valuable to her. But Gerty and Golden weren't all that bothered about it. They merely saw it as a blindfold that was used for party games. They respected Pixie's attachement to the fabric and understood that she had so many good memories of parties from it. They believed that's what made if feel like an item of value to that one pegasus.

"Okay... I got the blindfold ready for the first pony to play." Pixie spoke kindly.