Royal Wedding Question....

OldToby

OK, now I'm a new to the Herd, but after seeing all the episodes and reading a bit of the lore, I've a question....

Princess Cadance is stated to be Celestia's niece, according to the New York Times ad. That means, that technically, she is the daughter of Celestia's brother or sister. The only defined sister we have is Luna. Does this mean that Candace is Luna's daughter? Just trying to get my info straight here and frankly, if this is the case that would be WAY COOL.

Does anypony have any info on this idea?

I believe it might just be Hasbro being Hasbro, and still attempting towards marketing to kids and making her related to the princess. How?...

...WELL, WHO CARES? IT'S FOR KIDS! AND KIDS DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING NOW!

In all seriousness, it's just like the whole situation with Prince Blueblood. Faust intended to make him a Duke, but Hasbro figured kids wouldn't known what a Duke was. I suppose it was just a marketing decision that Hasbro felt would work out without explanation, and made the FiM crew just go with it...

I'm not too big on "staying canon" with one-off characters, but I can see where people can get mixed up with Cadence. Heck, I'm STILL in disbelief on how Shining Armor is Twilight's brother, :-|

Just go with it, I suppose. It's nothing to lose sleep over, :smug:

In Equestria prince and princess may be a general term for the higher levels or aristocracy, which would explain why the nation is ruled by princesses and not queens. The words have slightly different definitions then how we use them.

Niece may also be used in a more general way. I know in my dad's family cousins were called aunts or uncles if they were significantly older, or an aunt or uncle could be a cousin if they were the same age as the person addressing them