[cloudsdale] A little Practice... [OPEN]

Ashton

Storm Medley dashed out of the storm, wings ablur and lightning crackling off her body back into the stormclouds. No, no, no, no, no! she raged in her mind. I can't have lost control, IT'S MY STORM. She veered up and around, looped the loop, and flew back into the storm upside down. She felt the raindrops whip around her as she flew through the black clouds to the center of the storm and struggled to regain control of what she'd started. She couldn't remember having started a storm so big since she first got her cutie mark. Slowly the storm dwindled back down to a manageable size, something that would be safe to be in.

Oddly, though, Stormy zigged when she should have zagged, and was tossed back out of the storm after having been hit by a lightning bolt. She landed next to Gale and shook her head, wiggling her hooves about as she tried to regain her wits. Opening her eyes once more, she looked up to see her cousin.

"Oh. Hi, Gale!" Stormy's voice broke as she spoke and struggled back up onto her feet. "Funny I should run into you. I was actually just looking for you! Iiiiiii... don't remember why. But it involved food and planning a surprise party for my dad and... I don't remember what else. I just realized I have terrible memory."

Winter finally came out of the pipelines behind the other racers. "I'll have you know, Gale, that that stuff is spicy! I don't do spicy. I don't like hot." He stuck his tongue out at Gale. "Besides, running into walls hurts either way."

"Wheres the fun in life if you dont take chances now and then?"

Celestia help me, this is going to be the end of me. "Uh, yeah, sure... I'm up for a risk too... If you explain what it is we are doing first and don't pull any tricks on me!" He replied. "So what's next, then?"

He gasped in shock as he turned and saw a huge storm. Why would anypony make a storm that big... Suddenly a pegasus shot out of it and the storm shrunk in size. "Why do I have the feeling that we are going in there?"

"Why do I have a feeling we're going in there?"

Crescent turned to the tan pegasus. "Cause that would be awesome! Besides a little wind and lightning never killed anypony, nothing to lose your feathers over. well unless you fall. then i guess it gets a bit dangerous...Oh now I gotta do it! its been so long since i got to fly a storm." Crescent hovered, awaiting the wonderbolts to signal another take of when he saw a weather mare approaching from the storm system and raised his goggles to his forehead. This mare seemed to know gale. he lowered himself back onto the cloud next to gale waiting for the introductions to be over with, he didnt want to lose his rush.

Streak reached down and touched the lightning bolt emblazoned on his flank... he had experiance with storms... tartarus, if he were alone me might just dive in and see how many bolts of lightning he could dodge, but unfortunately being a wonderbolt he had to keep up public image and make sure nopony got hurt... this was one of those rare occasions he was... well he didnt *hate* being a 'bolt even then, but he disliked it a little at these times... "Calm yourself, Cressant, we dont want to see anypony get hurt" said Streak "That storm is clearly out of control and needs to be handled by professionals, not played around with like a toy" oh gawd even HE thought that sounded severely lame... and from the look on his face he knew it...

Crescent gave streak a flat look that said "really? your gonna be THAT guy?". Streak's comment had kinda killed his mood, which only made him want to soar head long into the storm even more. His wings actually twitched a few times at the thought of dodging a few bolts and riding the hurly burly air currents that swirled within the storm, it was an enticign thought to say the least. "Seriously, Streak? I may still be semi-pro but I'm no novice flier, i can handle some storm clouds. I'm with gale on this one. I still have yet see some serious action today, the sewers were fun but i do that all the time, and my wings are still itching for a challenge." Still, Crescent wasn't going to play around in that cloud if Streak didnt approve. Going against the advice of a wonderbolt would reflect poorly on him, especially one of the core 6 fliers, whether or not things turned out ok. for now he stayed put hoping the wonderbolt would change his mind. he turned his attention to the tan pegasus. "Hey I dont think I ever caught you name friend. you from around here?"

"I wander around Cloudsdale... Nothing special. I usually go exploring in the Everfree and bring back anything shiny goody I find to go sell." He paused, wondering about the storm and whether or not he'd be okay in it. "And, well... I have a lightning bolt on my butt too, so I guess that makes 3 of us." He smiled. "Of course, I'm not even novice level, so anything is up to you guys. I am just in it for the ride. I mean, it isn't everyday you get to go flying with Wonderbolts... Even if you do get hurt, its still more fun than anything else, right?"

Streak sighed, looking at Gale "you know Spitfire'll chew us royally for this" he said, but then without another word he leapt off the cloud and headed for the storm, a contrail of white cloud forming behind him to accentuate the silent 'catch me if you can!'

((@ quicklime: lol, yes, Streak atleast was more subtle about it))

"WOO! THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT!" Crescent bellowed as he took off towards the storm cloud after Streak. He was over the top excited now, adrenaline already pumping through him, in anticipation on getting his daredevil moment of the day done. He focus narrowed just as it had before, and remembered to put his goggles down. He chased closely after Streak figuring he could practice his agility by staying as tight on the slight pegasus's trail as possible. He braced himself for the rapidly changing winds of the storm.

((well then it's Quick or Winter's turn, I have the feeling GG forgot about it, so... um... lets skip her untill she reappears then I guess))

(Yeah, I was waiting for GG too. Oh well :/)

Winter bolted after Crescent, trying to keep up. The other pony that had flown out of the storm cloud before must have been the one keeping it big, because it seemed much smaller and safer now. Safe enough, at least, for Winter. He shot as fast as he can, aiming to at least keep up with Crescent. Okay, I know I can't keep up with Wonderbolts, of all ponies... but maybe I can at least stay close to Crescent he reasoned. He hadn't been going in storms often, but he at least knew they had quick shifting winds, so he braced himself.