Sourgrape[Finished]

Sourgrape

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name:

Sourgrape

Sex:

Mare

Reluctantly Lingering between the line of Fillie and Mare. She's not keen on growing up, but knows she has to one day.

Species:

Pegasus

Eye Color:

A dark lilac colour.

Coat Color:

Dark purple

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style:

Plant green with a light glossy sheen. She has it medium short, and constantly looks 'windswept and interesting'.

Physique:

Sourgrape is tall, and surprisingly skinny due to all the work she does in the Vineyard, plus her fast Pegasus metabolism. Her wings were abnormally huge when she was young, due to all the muscle development while harvesting grapes. Only now is she just fitting in to them.

Cutie Mark:

Two bunches of green grapes with juice droplets underneath to represent her love, knowledge and experience of grape farming.

Origin/Residence:

Sourgrape originates from a Vineyard on the outskirts of Canterlot. The vineyard is owned by her parents, who make a lot of buisness from the big city. They also ship their products to Ponyville, and other locations where there is demand. Sourgrape occasionally vistits Ponyville to check up on their clients to make sure things are selling well.

Occupation: Sourgrape is a vineyard worker. She helps her parents produce some of the most top quality grape products, including raisins, grape juice, grape candy, wines, jams you name it. The vineyard produces or works in partnership with those who make products. Sourgrape is also sent as a personal customer service officer, making sure consumers and providers are satisfied with the products. She also hands out free samples to promote new products, so if you're lucky, you may just get some free snacks from her.

Come harvest time, she leads one of the pegasus teams in the higher vines to collect the grapes, while the earth pony and unicorn teams take the lower vines. She also helps quality control check the grapes are harvested, and gives advice to workers on where to start picking and maintaining.

Motivation:

Sourgrape yearns to be as succesful as her parents. She wants to keep their buisness going smoothly, knowing just how hard it was to establish. Her father Merlot, and mother Chardonay are two key Ponies that keep her going. She wants to make them proud.

Flying, harvest season, travelling to new places, sampling new products and getting good feedback from her free samples.

Dislikes: (optional)

Being scolded for looking grumpy all the time.

Character Summary:

Clothing- Sourgrape wears a yellow scarf around her neck to protect her from the cold while flying in the tallest vines.

History – Born in 'Charlot Vineyards' on the outskirts of Canterlot. Sourgrape grew up in the vineyard, occasionally helping out between school hours, even if her parents insisted she go play with other foals. Sourgrape always grew up around the family buisness, and was keen to be a big part of it from an early age.

Parents – Sourgrapes parents are her father Merlot, a unicorn stallion, and Mother Chardonay, A pegasus mare. They're both very buisy with their buisness, and constantly give Sourgrape tasks. Although they may seem too buisy to notice, they're proud of their daughter, but also want her to find her own place in life, not wanting her to be stuck in the vineyard all the time. They also wish that she would smile more.

Cutie Mark Story – Sourgrape got her cutie mark quite late. She aquired it in her early fillie years when she became more active in the vineyards. She learned how to define different types of grape, and if they were ready to be picked, just by looking at them. After her father got in to a tough spot as a picky Pony began quizzing him on what grapes were which, and how they were different, Sourgrape stepped in where her father couldn't pick up. After the young fillie impressed the customer so much with her knowledge, her cutie mark showed itself.

Flaws – Sourgrape constantly has work on her mind. She can forget details and events, and tends to prioritise her work life more than her social life. This is why she currently doesn't have many friends other than those in the Vineyards. She has very rarely experienced the joy of sitting back and relaxing. Her parents wonder if that's the reason why she doesn't smile. Some Ponies even joke that the world will end the day Sourgrape cracks a smile.

Personality - Sourgrape is friendly, but not very outgoing. She can be withdrawn, and often distracted by work to take time to talk to people. On the rare oppurtunity that you do get a conversation, she will be courteous enough to humour you. Sourgrape is quite serious by nature, but doesn't mind the occasional joke or prank from time to time.

I'm also curious as to where that character's from.

Strawberry Shortcake, back when she was just a line of stationary and not a full-fledged toy line. Sour Grapes was the main enemy on the show. The illustrato, Muriel Fahrion is single handedly responsible for my entire fan-ishness of plastic things with brushable hair (and also did Care Bears and a bunch of other 80s classics).

Ahh right! I see.

With me, it was the original Polly Pockets, that ironically enough, either didn't have hair, or not enough hair to brush. xD

I remember the care bares too, but I was a 90's kid more or less. I grew up with Land before time, Rosy and Jim and old school Cartoon Network.

Strawberry Shortcake, back when she was just a line of stationary and not a full-fledged toy line. Sour Grapes was the main enemy on the show. The illustrato, Muriel Fahrion is single handedly responsible for my entire fan-ishness of plastic things with brushable hair (and also did Care Bears and a bunch of other 80s classics).

They also put Sour Grapes into one of the new series:

Strawberry_Shortcake_DVD_Berry_Blossom_Festival.jpg

This application looks fine, my only "issue" is there are two cutie mark stories written, which are pretty similar, so you could just delete the one you feel isn't as good; other than that this whole app looks fine so I am going to go ahead and stamp.

AppAssessed.png