Does anyones Parents know they are a Brony?

Dash91

I'm just happy my parents are so nice. I wear brony shirts all the time, especially at home, and for my birthday this summer I'm getting a Rainbow Dash cake, and a shirt of my choice from WeLoveFine.com. Oh, and an awesome laptop, but this is a pony thread, not a laptop thread. :P My sister has got to be like the BIGGEST closet pegasister ever. She pretends not to know the names of any of the ponies, yet I have pictures, of ponies mind you, that she hand drew, just for me. Either that or she just really likes to support her big brother. Either way, I get pony pics Woo!

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just happy my parents are so nice. I wear brony shirts all the time, especially at home, and for my birthday this summer I'm getting a Rainbow Dash cake, and a shirt of my choice from WeLoveFine.com. Oh, and an awesome laptop, but this is a pony thread, not a laptop thread. :P My sister has got to be like the BIGGEST closet pegasister ever. She pretends not to know the names of any of the ponies, yet I have pictures, of ponies mind you, that she hand drew, just for me. Either that or she just really likes to support her big brother. Either way, I get pony pics Woo!

I want to see that Rainbow Dash cake! I'm happy to see your family is so supportive of your pony addiction!

My sister has got to be like the BIGGEST closet pegasister ever. She pretends not to know the names of any of the ponies, yet I have pictures, of ponies mind you, that she hand drew, just for me. Either that or she just really likes to support her big brother. Either way, I get pony pics Woo!

She really is. She whispered to me that she actually likes ponies when this^ guy was out of the room. She has fervently denied it ever since but I know what I heard and honestly she's never supported him about much before that she didnt approve of so. For me its a confirmed assimilation to the herd :20:

Also, I am staying with my mother to go to Bronycon. She finds this endlessly amusing and tries to make fun of me, but all I have to do is bring up her excessive hoarding of plant seeds that she let become non-viable and she shushes.

My mom and I have that kind of relationship where we just troll the crap out of each other, but neither of us get angry about it.

My brother on the other hand is my BACKUP SHOPPER! But he's still not a pony fan. Nor is my niece...YET. MUHAHHAHAHAH

No one knows I'm a brony.

My friends might accept it but I tend to over think how they would react leaving me without confidence to tell them.

My mother and father are another story. I would never tell them. I know for a fact they wouldn't accept it. My dad especially he keeps telling me to act my age..even if I'm watching a classic cartoon like dexters lab!

My friends and family dont know. Well all except my Brother. Though I think two of my friends might be open to accepting it (I hope) :L I dont know any other bronies outside of here D:

If my parents or anyone else found out, I don't know what I would do. I can almost guarantee that no one in my town even knows what My Little Pony is, and if they found out a guy (me) liked the show, I'd be shunned, thought of as a queer, and ousted from almost everything. My parents would immediately disown me, take me out of the will, and burn my room. I am a closet brony in real life, but on the internet, I'm proud to be one. It's weird how people can turn on you for liking, okay well loving a show. I really want to have one of those "Hey do you know what MLP FiM is?" and I'll be like "Yeah, are you a brony?" and he'll say "Yeah!!!!" and we could talk about it and not feel weird!

My parents don't just know about my being a brony, I flaunt it, and often make things inconvenient with it! Formal attire? It's getting a pony shirt underneath. Going out? Pohneees C: I strive to seek out other bronies, and it makes me kind of sad that people might try and hide it, since it sparks potential for more friend opportunities!

My parents don't know. I've hinted it to them in the past, explaining the fandom without actually saying that i was involved with it and they just looked at me really weird and made fun of it in a mocking, disapproving way. I'm not sure if this is because they thought I thought it was weird and were playing along or what. But I did this several times and all of them ended with the same results. If I knew they are accepting of it then I would gladly tell them but right now I feel like they would just mock me for it And that is the last thing I need right now -.- But most of my friends know so It's kind of weird :P

But I make lots of references to it through out my day. often saying the names of the mane 6 and such. Heck! I even play the theme song on my keyboard once a day! so if they know about it then they haven't said anything.

So... Remember when I told everyone that I thought my mother knew and didn't care? Well! She didn't think anything of seeing MLP:FiM in my recent watch and didn't care.

How do I know this? I used Bronycon and the fact that is where I went to tell her that I enjoyed the show. And... she has no problems with it! She even said she may watch it if she has time. I'm not surprised to be honest. She loves Disney and animation in general for the most part. So, there you have it! This may have been aided by the fact that she works with kids and is a special ed teacher and is constantly watching kids movies for such purposes.

So there you have it, it is official, my mother knows.

My dad would accept, but his roommate is the kind of person that tries to decide everything that goes on in my life.

And she whines, alot. So my dad would break down and ban it. So I just keep MLP in tabs that are ready to be clicked off in a second.

Archived