CMC race

Hippo

Which Cutie Mark Crusader will get their cutie mark first?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cutie Mark Crusader will get their cutie mark first?

• Apple Bloom
    • Sweetie Belle
    • Scootaloo
    • They will never get them
    • They will get them at the same time

Before the next episode, which is looking to be the most promising CMC episode yet, I was wondering if we could discuss the possibilities of these foals actually getting their cutie mark. Or, for the argument, is the seeking the cutie mark everything these characters have to offer the show?

IMO, I think Sweetie Belle has the most realistic chance at getting her cutie mark before the other two. Her talents seem to stand out more than Apple Bloom's and Scootaloo's personal talents.

Also, if Faust and the writers ever actually issue cutie marks to these characters, wouldn't their futures be separated from each other and their importance to the show. Apple Bloom with a cutie mark, makes her 'just another branch in the Apple family tree.' And scootaloo, while ambitious and adventurous like Rainbow Dash, would have to retire her scooter, which makes her unique, to an extent when she becomes a more mature pegasus clearing the sky's clouds.

What are your thoughts?

Well I still think they could get them in this episode and then just have them as a more prominent character with more developed stories as what they do as friends. Them getting there cutie marks doesn't mean they cant still be Cutie Mark Crusaders. I can see what you mean though they where a lot better characters if they still didn't have them and they where still finding ways to get them. I think if they do find them they will find them together because they have always had fun finding them together and that would just be a really awesome way to find them for the three.

They won't get their cutie marks until something big, like a season or series finale.

They'll all get something well all saw coming, and everyone will congratulate them on it.

They'll be hesitant at what to do next though, but still have adventures and stuff.

It sounds cliche, but that's whats most likely too happen.

Though if Sweetie Bell did get her cutie mark first and then left forever, I would not mind.

Maybe they would devote the club to helping other young ponies find their Cutie Marks once they got theirs.

I thought about this. Maybe they could circulate characters by introducing new members of the club after older ones get cutie marks. Similar to SNL. Kind of.

If I know my TV tropes right, Status Quo is God. In other words, unless it's the series finale or something along those lines where the loose ends need to be tied up and whatnot, I don't see it happening. However, FiM has broken the mold on several tried and true tropes (Though at the same time, playing many straight), so maybe they'll get them sooner than we think.

Also, xD at the above pic!

If I know my TV tropes right, Status Quo is God. In other words, unless it's the series finale or something along those lines where the loose ends need to be tied up and whatnot, I don't see it happening. However, FiM has broken the mold on several tried and true tropes (Though at the same time, playing many straight), so maybe they'll get them sooner than we think.

Also, xD at the above pic!

The problem with that is the assumption that there's a status quo to be had from this plotline. The idea of the cutie mark crusaders isn't central to the main show, so there's no reason for the team to treat it like that. They may put it off for a few more episodes, but this trope doesn't apply well to the scenario.

I'm a TV Tropes fanatic.

True, true. Again, I feel they won't get the Cutie Marks unless it's a big special or part of a series finale (God forbid that happens anytime soon). Then again, they might get them sooner or perhaps not at all. Only time will tell.

Besides at this point, they're mainly recurring characters, not near the level of importance as Twilight Sparkle's storyline. That said, they're still good characters, and maybe Friday's episode will shed a little light on how one's Cutie Mark does appear (Or what needs to be done in order for one to show up). I know it has something to do with finding your calling in life and maybe your personality (If Pinkie Pie's is any indication)

Also, Kudos on being a fellow Troper. 8-)

NTWK_efnbT8

Maybe they will get their cutie marks at the same time...

...because they are rock stars!

They'll get their rockstar-oreiented cutie marks right after they released their first album.

I would vote for Sweetie Belle getting hers first - she seems to exercise her talent a lot more than the other two, so is more likely to hit on what sets her apart from other singers/songwriters simply due to volume. Her specialty seems to be 'sweeter' tunes, fitting in with the theme naming, and it seems reasonable for her to moonlight by writing for other singers, or composing themes for stage shows. I see her mark as eighth notes or a treble clef inside a heart.

Then she'll become a romantic balladeer, with Rarity on hand to design her stage costumes.

Apple Bloom is very outgoing and apparently good at designing, not that we've seen her do much of it. She might be the one to spread the Sweet Apple name through traveling sales and clever advertising banners; as such, the apple cart that appeared when she had Twilight try to magic a cutie mark onto her seems a good fit.

Scootaloo will likely be the last; she's harder to pin down, seeming mainly athleticism, and will have a harder time sorting out what sets her apart from other athletes like Rainbow Dash. Since she was pegged as a choreographer as I recall, it may be that aerobatics will be her talent once she learns to fly (which she can't seem to do yet); perhaps a trio of spirals to represent looping, twisting maneuvers.

And of course.... we may never know. ^^

i voted for Sweetie Belle to get hers first. But after the Cutie Mark Chronicles, it's looking pretty obvious that they will al get them at the same time, as did the 6.

tumblr_lhoo0apZ9X1qf7gzvo1_500.jpg

OH MY GOSH

THAT IS AMAZwait speculative cutie marks wut

Scoots and Sweetie's are the ones from the earlier series with the characters, so I guess they were easy to imagine. I wouldn't be surprised if they do manage to get their marks in the show, it will be the same ones as before, only Applebloom's would be truly new.

I could see them getting them separately but in the course of a single episode or in a two parter. As great as the story possibilities are if they each got them several episodes apart, Hasbro may put the kabash on that and insist it happen "at once" which would restrict how far apart each receives her mark (however maybe the writers can get them just far enough apart to make a good story about such an event would affect the CMC as a group and as individuals). I hope they at least do get them and not keep the "status quo" to the very end.

tumblr_lhoo0apZ9X1qf7gzvo1_500.jpg

OH MY GOSH

THAT IS AMAZwait speculative cutie marks wut

Scoots and Sweetie's are the ones from the earlier series with the characters, so I guess they were easy to imagine. I wouldn't be surprised if they do manage to get their marks in the show, it will be the same ones as before, only Applebloom's would be truly new.

They might not get the sames marks from the old show. I think Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity all had differences in their marks (and a bit of their looks) from the generation 3 era, on which they were based. Applejack's mark changes as well, but it goes back to its roots. Fluttershy's is a variation of G3 (and really, RD is kind of a combo between G1 and G3).

Point is, no pony has the exact mark from past generations.

Well, considering a few of the main cast didn't exist until this season ^_^

Actually, with the exception of Twilight Sparkle (who was called Twilight Twinkle), all of the main cast, including Spike, existed in some form in Generation 3.

Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash were all in the show, as well as toys. Twilight Twinkle and Fluttershy existed only in toy form, and Applejack, who was a toy, looked nothing like what she looks like now. She is based on her G1 self.

so if we are to believe Scootaloo's cutie mark is a butterfly, what in the hay is that supposed to mean? It doesn't seem to meet her personality or interests at all. Also, I never watched past generations of MLP cartoons. Is Scootaloo's personality any similar to these other versions of her we are talking about?

so if we are to believe Scootaloo's cutie mark is a butterfly, what in the hay is that supposed to mean? It doesn't seem to meet her personality or interests at all. Also, I never watched past generations of MLP cartoons. Is Scootaloo's personality any similar to these other versions of her we are talking about?

I am not sure...I think Scootaloo is from G3.5, which I did not watch. I've seen G1, G2, G3, and G4. G3.5 is the "baby big head" era, while G3.....Well, I think they tried to go back to the roots of MLP, or something. Whatever happened, it wasn't all that great. I mean, it wasn't terrible...but it was totally made for kids.

I am not sure...I think Scootaloo is from G3.5, which I did not watch. I've seen G1, G2, G3, and G4. G3.5 is the "baby big head" era, while G3.....Well, I think they tried to go back to the roots of MLP, or something. Whatever happened, it wasn't all that great. I mean, it wasn't terrible...but it was totally made for kids.

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle are from G3 even. Then G3.5.

personally I think the cutie mark crusaders are going to get their marks at the finale, and then fade into the background. Hasbro's got toys to sell:

lulu.jpg

I'm just pissed that there will be two releases of Sweetie Belle, one of Scootaloo, and NONE of Apple Bloom (unless the prototype is wrong...but I am betting the packaging is). in the coming months.

But there are no cutie marks on the new releases either:

playsets.jpg