Hard Metal Work (Open)

Black

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm fine Red, thanks for asking." She hugged his neck for a second before holding up the nearly finished sword, hoping Mr. Zebra would like it. She seemed to forget about the pain completely.

"How does this look?" It wasn't quite done, but she was impressed by how much she completed in the very short time given

Giza checked Dusty and picked him up as Amy came to his side. He took one look at it and sighed. "If I wanted a pale imitation of my work, I would have asked for it. The handle is shotty and the metal is semi-impure....It is poor at best."

Dusty staggered, patting Black on the shoulder as thanks when he helped him to his hooves. Sighing and picking up his saddle bags on his way to the counter. Flipping it open and placing his metal boots on the counter next to a wooden box as well. Waiting for Black, admiring the zebra's patience with this situation.

"Give me a silent environment where ponies and dragons aren't trying to kill each other and an hour, then I'll give you what you ask for. This isn't even mentioning the fact that you gave me nothing to work with, the wood is brittle and the ore is impure!" She was angry that he left her with shoddy tools, but more angry that he did little to help her friend.

He gave a look before facehoofing again. "That is not true. Come with me." He walked outside to the forge as he saw Amy following him. "Sliver ore is far more soft than iron thus you need a stronger hand when melting and shaping it." He moved quickly and masterfully as he worked on her sword, giving it a straighter and stronger form. "This wood is from the Kumpoko tree. When breaded wrong, it becomes brittle but when added with just a little water, it becomes mighter than oak." He remade the handle placed it on the recreated blade. "There. Now it is decent." He gave it to Amy as he walked past. "...I want you to try again. I can't have my student not to know what they are doing." He smiled a bit.

What an interesting day. Now he just wanted to get his boots repaired. Waiting for Black to tend to him, very grateful of it and sorry that today has been so hectic. "Ah thanks. I just need my boots repaired." He pointed to his steel boots; heavily scuffed and dented from his work. Pointing specifically to large cracks in the metal plates on each of them.

"I don't have any bits but." He turned his attention to the box, flipping it open to reveal vials of all sorts containing different samples. "I can pay in iron ore, copper, tin, zinc, bauxite, salt, coal, or just gold. I also could pay in gemstones if you'd find them more useful.

He smiled at her as he turned to Dusty. "Interesting samples. Coal and Gold would be the most useful...but this will be on the house for all of the manic things that happened today." He took the steel boots and walked into the back with them. "I will be back in a moment after I get some steel."

"Ah thanks! I'll still get you some payment though." Dusty closed the box and stuffed it back into his bag. "Crazy or not; ya still need resources! I'll be back in a bit." Dusty trotted out of the store. Using this opportunity more for marketing than actual purchase. Seeing as Black offered it free of cost; he figured offering what he can supply may earn him another customer. Not like he has any shortage of coal anyways and theres always a market for gold too.