Sleep Deprivation!

buxy

So this week, my ever kind and considerate employer asked me to work the overnight shift, 10pm-7am, to help prepare us for a massive inventory audit next month. I have two jobs, mind you, and yesterday I worked 8 hours at my part time job and then immediately went in for this overnight shift at my full time job. By the end of the night I could barely function, I was dead on my feet, laughing at everything, totally ready to sleep.

Or so I thought.

I got home around 7:30 this morning and COULDN'T SLEEP. I just laid there staring at the ceiling o____o

I did ultimately doze a bit, but I think I got a whole three hours of sleep, and at 10 tonight I get to start again! I'm seriously anticipating a combined single night's worth of sleep for the entire week, so tell me some awesome stories about staying up all night and having a grand old time (or a not so grand old time). Maybe it will distract me from my own misery. I know there are quite a few of my fellow bronies on the graveyard shift. HOW DO YOU DO IT.

Well, this one time I went to this New Years party. It was totally safe and fun, since it was a ton of teens. I had volunteered to help out with it. I ended up being put in charge of handing out sodas behind a counter (Y'know, so someone didn't jack two cases and run off). I was nicknamed as the bartender. Anyway, the next day we went home for a few hours, then there were supposed to be more activities that afternoon. I ended up passing out on a couch and getting up when it was over. D: I wasn't much help the second day. But that was alright, I guess not a whole lot of people showed up after the night before.

Oooooh, too tired to sleep. I hate that feeling. On the other hand, I'm a natural night owl, I do all my best writing at 3AM and I may have insomnia, so I stay up ridiculously late all the time.

As for funny stories, well other than the usual symptoms, sleep deprivation has kind of a weird side effect on me. When I'm tired I notice that I start to use bigger words, I start monologuing in my head (and sometime out loud), and every now and then I catch myself plotting to take over the world.

Bleh, I know all about working 2 jobs. :x I was able to get to sleep somewhat fast during that time, at least for me. (Roughly 30 minutes) I'm an insomniac so there are times when it will take me 2 or more hours to get to sleep. Lately I seem to be able to get to sleep in about an hour, which is great for me. It's hard for me to focus on nothing when I lay down since when I do, it's that time of day where I am free to think of anything I want. No work, computer, or any distractions like that in the way, so I often think really hard about things when I lay down. That definitely doesn't help my issues with sleeping as they are. Sometimes I day dream (night dream? o_O) when I lay down as well. I'm sure a lot of you (if not all) know what I mean there.

OH GOD TODAY IS HORRID. Last night was night three. I couldn't get to sleep until about 9 this morning after I got home, and I had to get up at noon and go to my other job, which I JUST got home from. My eyes feel hot and my brain sounds like this and my legs are killing me. This is making me feel super old.

Now I need to go make dinner and take a page out of Rarity's book and whine until I get what I want. Which is for my husband to come be the big spoon so I can nap before going in tonight.

Now I need to go make dinner and take a page out of Rarity's book and whine until I get what I want. Which is for my husband to come be the big spoon so I can nap before going in tonight.

You sound like me there, except that I don't need to whine to make that happen.

You sound like me there, except that I don't need to whine to make that happen.

I only need to whine to get cuddles. He's very affectionate and sweet but doesn't like to be touched when it's time to sleep, and I'm the exact opposite. USUALLY I get my way, though. Ok, I get my way pretty much all the time. Wives are the final bosses of life.