Virtual Pony Project

Bohtty

Virtual Pony Website Poll  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a Virtual Pony website?

• Yes
    • No

Hey, Some of you might be familiar with Dragon Cave website where you find dragon eggs and then raise them by putting them in your signature to solicit clicks.

I was wondering if you guys would use a similar site but of the pony variety.

I am currently in the process of coding the website, but I am looking for some group members to help draw the different ponies as well as discuss some of the finer details.

The artists will need to be able to mimic the show's style almost identically, vector and all.

Send me/link me some of your stuff if your interested. More the merrier.

Thanks for reading,

Bohtty

That's not a bad idea, but keep in mind that you will recieve a lot of negative feedback. Mainly, because of the fact that people hate those click jacking dragon egg things to begin with. However, since some people like/don't mind both ponies and these types of sites, I'm sure it'll still be a fair success.

I agree, I usually don't like those click websites, but I am at the intermediate level of php and I wanted to do this project to also get better. Additionally I wanted to do something with a little more interaction then just clicking. I was thinking of using the whole finding-out-who-you-really-are-cutie-mark concept, but I have been more focused on getting the core systems done.

I agree, I usually don't like those click websites, but I am at the intermediate level of php and I wanted to do this project to also get better. Additionally I wanted to do something with a little more interaction then just clicking. I was thinking of using the whole finding-out-who-you-really-are-cutie-mark concept, but I have been more focused on getting the core systems done.

Sounds like your looking to make it less a 'hatch a pony' site and more a 'virtual pet' site... *coughNeopetRipoffcough* (lol, though I admire your having to guts to try and code something like that, I've played around in the past with coding a multiplayer online game and it's murder)

Nah, not neopets. Its just going to have another dimension then *just* clicking lol. I know the theory to making online games, but since its not going to be that type of online game, it wont be a problem. Also, I could make neopets. I know how they did it. The hardest part would be getting all the graphics :]

Thanks for your support.... i think? xD

Lol, before I quit I had a fully working quest system and inventory system (both with easy-to-edit Admin GUIs), unfortunately this was back in PHP3 so it's all hopelessly out of date...

I dunno, Anything supper complicated is best handled in a java app. Inventories and quests wouldn't be to hard with a database since you would just call it from the database, and populate a div... The hardest part about the questing is if it were shared then you would need to handle multiple requests for access to the database...

Anyways I was thinking more along the lines of getting data based on where the image is posted via a web crawler of some sort, but this is all just kinda "hmm maybe" ideas that haven't really received much thought. Essentially I would want to get interactivity without the need of a click, or if I need the click then more then just "woot +1 experience" type of stuff... I had some ideas, but they could easily be exploited which would be bad :]

eh, I'd like to see something a little more in-depth than the neopet "quest" setup, like talking to NPCs, gating information (possibly certain dialog trees give different answers that effect the outcome of the quest...) instead of just calling a Check_inventory(item#) and that's all...

Wherever you take it though, I'm curious to see what you end up with :)

Well I never planned to make any sort "game" to that extent. The idea was to take the adoption site idea add ponies and throw in an additional twist that makes it a little bit more fun, but at the same time keeps the casual collection/adoption feel. Although it is very early in development... I could change my mind/think of a good idea. Only time will tell I guess ._.