[Ponyville] Trash and Treasures (open)

Mojo

HESoG.png

Cadance's cheeks tinged a deep crimson as one pony after another started to notice her, with recognition following soon after. It wasn't the greetings from the other ponies that she felt uneasy about, in fact she loved that part. It was what came after... Just like now. She'd interrupted sales and conversations with her appearance, and apparently even caused some distress. She wouldn't back down from the situations and never would, though she always hoped she wasn't inconveniencing anypony.

Another rather dignified mare bowed and gave a smile, an expression the alicorn loved to see. After the greeting, she returned a small bow of her own.

"The pleasure is all mine! May I ask-"

She had almost asked Madam Bistro's name when the proprietor himself appeared and offered his services. This close, his shaggy mane and pelt were apparent but the princess's pleasant expression didn't fade, though her blush remained. Before she could answer a second mare knelt and began wiping her glasses, with tears spilling from her eyes as she murmured.

"Oh I can wait, thank you!" she assured Pigpen before kneeling in front of TurnTimber. "What's wrong, why are you crying?" she whispered in a calming voice, her eyes and mouth curved sympathetically.

She caught a glance from and recognized HighRoller, giving an embarrassed smile before returning her attention to the distraught seafaring pony before her.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saddlesore was STILL in a state of shock over the appearance of the pony Princess.

"Why would somepony as regal as Princess Cadance come HERE, to this place ran by such a sloppy, unkempt and dare I say, smelly stallion?" the blue stallion asked loud enough to be heard across the showroom floor.

"Not so loud, Saddlesore," Mr Waddle said in a hushed tone, "Perhaps because she can see the good, wonderful pony he is on the inside,"

Pigpen heard the blue stallion's question, but only reacted with a slight twinge on his face. The shaggy stallion was used to hearing other ponies make remarks about his appearance, so he simply ignored it and proceeded to walk over to Turn Timber.

"Miss, are you alright?" Pigpen asked in a sympathetic tone.

TurnTimberBanner.png

Still with a worried face TurnTimber stood back up and looked at the Princess as best she could without turning away. She hasn't noticed who I am yet, but she surely has some suspicion about it. TurnTimber thought to herself as she brushed her mane back as it was still in costume and she fiddled with her glasses.

"Um, yes, sorry, there was....something in my eye is all." She said with a sniffle as she tried her best again to take in the pony princess who's beauty put the spotlight on her and shadowed out TurnTImber's own looks even though she herself had been told many times that she was a very attractive pony. With a sigh she shook her head but in doing so her glasses fell off her face and her mane seemed to slip out from the bow that was tied in it. Anypony who knew of TurnTimber the pirate would surely recognized her now. That didn't matter anymore though since all she wanted was the R.E.N. items and maybe a few other things in the shop, as it stood she was breaking no laws and there was no proof that she was even the same pony that they were looking for. She quickly put her mane back into her bow and attempted to giggle as she looked around for her glasses that seemed to have slid under some of the near by items by accident. She bowed down to Cadence again but this time instead of mumbling to herself she only said a few words in a very direct and softened tone.

"My princess, I live to serve." She knew that Cadence wouldn't know what she meant, but to TurnTimber it was a good thing to say to the princess who she actually wouldn't mind serving under should she ever be forced into some sort of Military corrections program. Sure Celestia and Luna had their good points, but Cadence had more then both put together. Or so TurnTimber saw it.

"My name is Port Sides, I am a R.E.N. Historical buff and collector of R.E.N. artifacts." She blurted out at the last minute before deepening her bow more.

post-1843-0-54615300-1336886404_thumb.png

Cadance remained kneeling for a moment longer in front of "Port Sides," her expression considering. It wasn't one of suspicion, merely one of concern. She had to admit, although she nearly expected commotion when she appeared the crying had been a new one for her. She was willing to accept the claim of something irritating the other pony's eye, however, if only to spare her sensibilities. The taller mare stood with a nod, giving a small smile at the nautical pony's looks. If she'd wanted to, Port could probably catch every stallion's eye with her bow and glasses. All the less reason she needed to be tearing up in the first place.

It was at that moment that the disguised pony took the princess of guard again, telling her that she lived to serve. Before Cadance could react, the mare introduced herself as a history enthusiast and collector.

"I can see why," the alicorn replied, shaking off her confusion. "The navy does have some very interesting pieces, and you never know what might happen on the high seas. As it sounds like you already know, I'm Princess Cadance. It's wonderful to meet you! Please let me know if you need anything, though I won't keep you. It looked like you were just packing up when I arrived."

With this she turned to Pigpen, finding herself wanting to offer him a day at the spa or something similar, but she fought the urge down. He had every right to look like he wanted to, and working in a junkyard would just make any pampering wasted effort anyway. There were more important things to this pony than appearances, and Cadance admired that. After all, he looked a little like a big lovable dog... just one that needed a bath.

"I was wondering if you'd managed to procure any jewelry or books," she requested in a moderate tone. "If you've finished helping your other customers, that is!"

"Princess Cadance, your highness, I have something quite special to show you, something I was saving for a royal princess such as yourself!" Pigpen proudly proclaimed as he walked over to a large safe near the front counter. Carefully dialing the combination, the shaggy stallion opened it and pulled out a small box by the string tied around it. Placing it on the counter, he began to describe the contents as he opened it up.

"I was doing a salvage operation near the everfree forest last year. Legend said it was the same ground that was once the ancient kingdom of Unicornia, but I wasn't sure about that until I found THIS."

Now completely unveiled, the shiny silvery looking crown lit up the entire sales floor.

"I believe this is the genuine crown of Princess Platinum, and it would look great upon your royal head, your majesty. I take it out to polish it every once in a while, but I have no use for a crown. I'm not royalty, but you are. The crown is your, Princess, to do with as you please. No charge."

"ARE YOU INSANE???" Saddlesore shouted as the blue stallion rushed up to Pigpen. "You have a priceless artifact like this and you're just GIVING IT AWAY?? You could get a King's Ransom for this!"

"Now see here!" Mr. Waddle protested.

"It's alright, sir. Saddlesore, I am a loyal citizen of Equestria. This is a part of our history! I wouldn't feel right trying to set a price tag on it. The best place for a lovely crown like this is with a Princess. I also found a number of ancient scrolls there as well, your highness. They could be very valuable historical relics. Please take them back to Canterlot with you. It's the very least I could do for our beloved kingdom."

"Your horrible smell must be affecting your mind, stinky!" Saddlesore neighed. "I could get millions of bits for those on the open market!"

"This is MY shop, Saddlesore, and I will run it MY way," Pigpen answered sternly, looking the blue stallion eye to eye as he spoke.

Cadence's mouth nearly fell open as Pigpen unveiled one of the most valuable treasures of Equestrian history right before her eyes. That couldn't really be it, could it? Her mind flashed back to those boring days of studying in dusty old rooms at the castle, reading over how Equestria was made and the arguing tribes that eventually reconciled to form it. The leader of the unicorns had been Princess Platinum, and depictions of her crown had looked just like the object before her.

"I- I don't know how you got ahold of something like this," she murmured, obviously in awe. "Of course I'll take it back to Canterlot with me to be put on display for everypony, and make sure you get a finder's fee for your troubles in taking care of it."

The princess desperately wanted to try on the gorgeous ornament herself, but she managed to rein the desire in. After all, it belonged to every citizen of Equestria. It would be unbecoming to assume anything otherwise.

"I and I'm sure the entire kingdom thank you for your dedication, Pigpen," she said with a nod and a smile, using magic to repackage the crown and deposit it in a saddlebag. "Is there anything else I can offer in return?"

Pigpen smiled as he brought out a small wooden box and set it before Princess Cadance.

"Please take all these scrolls with you too, your highness," the shaggy stallion said with a polite bow. "They all seem to be very well preserved. Found them in the same place I recovered that crown."

"This is a very noble thing you're doing," Mr Waddle added as a stunned Saddlesore shook his head in complete bewilderment.

"How in the name of Equestria can you operate a business like this?" the grumpy blue stallion asked. "Don't you understand how valuable all those scrolls could be?"

"Indeed I do, but as with the crown, these are relics of Equestrian history. Wouldn't feel right selling them off." Pigpen said as he turned back towards the Princess. "If you wish to give me a small finder's fee for all these treasures, that's fine, but it's not necessary."

"I don't believe this! Pigpen, you could be one of the richest stallions in the kingdom if you'd sell all this stuff for what it's worth!"

"The greatest treasure I have is making other ponies happy and make new friends. What good would all the bits in Equestria be to me if I had no pony to share my good fortune with?"

"Nicely spoken, Pigpen," added Mr. Waddle.

Madam Bistro watched as the mare, Port Sides had a strong reaction to the Princess.

What got her attention was it had a note of fear to it, like she heard some ponies had meeting Princess Luna after all the stories of Nightmare Moon.

The mocha mare thought * Odd... maybe she's shy of royalty...?*

Her mind was brought back to Pigpen as he brought out a platinum crown that was very familiar... "Oh Celestia! The crown of Princess Platinum looks just like in the plays!"

She was amazed at the selflessness of Pigpen and clopped her front hooves to the floor in applause. "You sir are a true gentlecolt, despite appearances!"

Bistro looked to the princess "If I may be so bold to suggest, There is a closet of chests over there to choose from to hold this treasure on your journey to Canterlot."

Yuki, being bored and curious as he usually is was observing the conversation between Madam Bistro and Pigpen

"Hey guys, and good day to you princess. I was just eavesdropping a little and i see that you plan on heading to canterlot? If you want i can assist you with headin' there, can I? Pleaaaase?"

Yuki gets on his knees and makes a face that resembles that of a newborn puppy

"I'll be REALLY careful... please..."

Cadence nodded kindly at Pigpen when he suggested the scrolls as well. All of the artifacts carried a great deal of value if they were authentic. As Madam Bistro suggested taking a chest, the alicorn considered something else: how she was going to get the treasures back to Canterlot with her. After all, the crown wasn't so bad but the scrolls had to be dealt with very carefully. A chest would solve those problems, but also be rather bulky.

It was at that moment that another pony made himself known, greeting the others before admitting he'd been eavesdropping. He even asked if he could help on the way back to Canterlot!

"I'm sorry," Cadence replied, a look of confusion on her face. "I'm afraid I don't know you. Have we met?" she asked, turning to face Yuki fully.

"Well, no... but I am DYING to assist you, I mean helping people is what I do, and who wouldn't want to help such a royal figure like the great Solaria Princess Cadence? Well... actually i do know a FEW ponies that wouldn't want to help you but that's a different story"

The pegasus' obnoxious yet innocent voice that embodied his request left Yuki thinking if he really makes good first impressions on other ponies, making him a bit lost in thought considering that this was the first time he ever managed to question himself and focus on it...

But Yuki decided that he should get back to what Cadence was saying

"So... can I? I'll act as if i was never there if you want, i just really want to help somepony... i don't care who, just somepony!"

Yuki was now desperately begging for Cadence to help him help somepony

Madam Bistro elegantly stifled a giggle with a fan in her hoof, holding it before her muzzle.

"Ponyville certainly gets many interesting ponies coming through, doesnt' it?"

She reguarded the energetically friendly pegasus pony wanting to help Princess Candence. He was so bouncy and energetic. While she is surprised to see Royalty running around without guards, she didnt feel the pegasus was a threat. "Oh my, you are enthusiastic, arent' you?"

Madam Bistro hmmmed "Princess, if you are immediately bound for Canterlot with these, we should end up on the same train -unless you are going to summon a Royal Sky-chariot.

We shall both need strong male backs as far as the station at the least. Would my presense help matters any?"

HighRoller was still patiently waiting to settle his accounts, but heard Madam Bistro talking about the need for help. "I'm headed back to Canterlot after this, too, so I'd be happy to aid in any way I can," he said. "Always happy to help a pony in need...especially ladies of your caliber." The unicorn followed this flattery with a courtly, sweeping bow, one hoof giving a little flourish, determined to crank the cheese factor up to 11.

"Alright!" Cadence responded to Yuki, waving a hoof in the air to try and get him to calm down so he didn't hurt himself. "I would love assistance in taking these back, and since you're so eager to help I don't see why you can't." She looked over to Madam Bistro and HighRoller. "Your help would be greatly appreciated as well, seeing as how I didn't really prepare to take back this many items with me."

The princess moved over to the closet that had been mentioned before, using magic to lift and sort through chests until she found just the right one. Lifting Princess Platinum's crown out of her bag, she made sure it was still wrapped securely before lowering it into the wooden container and closing it.

"Might I ask the names of my wonderful assistants today? The two of you I don't know anyway," Cadence queried, turning to face them once more.

"Looks like all of this is going to work out just dandy!" Pigpen neighed as he galloped over to High Roller. "We can settle up right now if you like, sir. If you have agreed to the price I quoted you, I'll take your payment and you can be on your way to assist the Princess."

"I'm not as young as I used to be," added Mr. Waddle, "but I would be happy to help you ladies to the train station."

"I'll help too," Saddlesore volunteered. "I already promised to help Madam Bistro with her burdens, but I would certain love to help the Princess also. After all, how many times does a pony like me get to be in the presence of royalty?"

"SO Mr, Saddlesore, what do you think of our friend Pigpen now?"

"He still smells like a garbage dump and has the business sense of a foal, but I guess he's a nice guy, despite his appearance."

"Well, at least that's a start," the elderly glasses wearing stallion said as he turned towards the others. "We're ready to assist all of you with your freight. I have an idea! I could summon a taxi to come to the door here. That would save all of us some strain of trying to carry all of these wooden chests at once."

Mr, Waddle then turned towards Turn Timber.

"What do you think, miss?"

HighRoller nodded to Pigpen and carefully counted out the agreed upon sum of bits, tying them up neatly in a drawstring bag no doubt originally intended for the housing of dice. "Thank you, good sir. I've got a near-empty saddlebag with me, so I'll simply stow these new found treasures in it, and I can, as you said, assist these lovely ladies." He bowed his head in thanks to the generous (if hygenically challenged) stallion, and trotted over to Madam Bistro and Princess Cadance.

"I'm ready whenever you are, m'lady. I must say, it's quite a pleasure to meet you here, of all places. Just to let you know, those figures I consulted you about are already in production. I took the liberty of painting a prototype just to assure that every fine detail is in order, and I must confess I'm proud of how it turned out."

The dark blue stallion produced a small pewter miniature on a round plastic base. The detail put into the painting was astonishing. The eyes looked very lifelike, and everything else about it was equally the spitting image of its lovely subject, from the multicolored hair to the gold-plated hooves, which caught the light as if there were actually flecks of metal in the gold model paint that had been used.

(OOC: oops, forgot to reply to Cadence. Editing...)

The Mocha Mare dipped her body in a bow to Princess Cadence. "I am Madam Caramel Bistro, owner of the fine chain of Bed and Breakfast Bistros in every city and town the Equestrian Railroad touches, save Ponyville. It would not be fair to compete with the excellent local Cafe' so I left this town alone. I decided to shop around since I found myself with a 2 hour layover and I wound up here."

Madam Bistro nodded to Pigpen and got out a pouch of bits and counted out the price quoted by the pony for her purchases. "You are an amazing pony, Mr. Pigpen. I shall make it a point to visit Ponyville on every major business trip and see what else you have dug up."

She packed up the items she has selected and looked to the nervous naval buff. "How about you, Miss? Shall these fine colts give you a hoof?"

Bistro blinked, her eyes caught by the gleam of gold. she peered at the figure held up by Highroller. "Oh my! Did you make that, Sir?"

Edited by Boss_Hoss1

(;A; i zoned out on this topic my bad)

Yuki did a small "victory fist pump" in celebration of his efforts coming through

"My name is Sleet Glaze, but people call me Yuki. What can i start with?"

Yuki was now ready to help, even though he still couldn't stay put without at least shifting his position a little

"And of course im enthusiastic Madam Bistro, i normally have a steady diet of... um... vegetables!"

At that moment Shade randomly appeared next to Yuki, handing him loads of candy wrappers

"We talked about eating sweets in my room last night Yuki, chill with the sweets dude"

Shade also noticed Madam Bistro and the others, giving a nod to them as his way of saying hello

"I see you're planning to do something here with these fine ponies Yuki. He isn't causing any trouble is he?"

Shade looked over at Yuki with a blank yet relaxed look

• 2 weeks later...

Shaking her head no a few times TurnTimber looked at Madam Bistro and shot her a quizzical face.

"What ever in the world would I need help taking these fine treasures back to my ship...I mean, my current place of residence." She let out a soft sigh as she was trying to figure out if there was anyway for her to stay and perhaps have a conversation with not only the fine stallion of Pigpen, but also the grand princess Cadence.

"My fine stallion," She started as she looked on to Pigpen, "Would it be ok so that I could leave the fine treasures in a seperate pile so that I can stay for a while and continue to converse with you and the other fine guests of your shop? I promise I wont get in the way." She shot Pigpen the cutest grin that she could muster before flipping her mane out of her face for maximum effect, if that didn't work she would have to use her 'Super Secret Cute Stare' to convince the stallion that it was 'safe' to let the mare stay around and worm her way not only into his life but the princesses as well.

Cadence found herself slightly overwhelmed by the combined attentions of HighRoller, Madam Bistro and "Yuki." It wasn't unwelcome or even unpleasant, it was just that she could only talk to so many ponies at once without feeling like she was giving a speech. No pony wanted to hear another drone on and on about nothing...

While Madam Bistro spoke with Pigpen, however, the princess's eyes were caught by the glint of the prototype princess model she'd agreed to at the CRPR Open House. It really was rather magnificent, with wonderful accents and a lifelike apperance. It was like looking in a little mirror after looking at all the little details.

"That's very impressive!" Cadence complimented, leaning down a little to observe the figurine more closely. "Are you sure you didn't just use some magical machine to transpose my likeness onto material?" she chuckled.

"well I suppose he isn't, I'll be on my way in that case"

Shade proceeded to leave Yuki and the other ponies, bowing down to cadence before he exited the area

"See ya Shade, and I'll make sure not to mess anything up!"

As he looked around, he finally noticed Pigpen and tried to get his attention so he could see if he needed help as well.

"Hey, Pigpen, need any help with what you're helping them with? If you want we could take turns"

Yuki gave a confused stare as he noticed Pigpen observing TurnTimber, and eventually, Yuki got caught in her "magic" as well.

PPigpen was giddy with excitement from all his customers, turning towards each one of them as he addressed them.

"Pleasure doing business with you, High Roller! Thank you, Madam Bistro, I try. Port Sides, we can certainly place your items in a separate area while you continue shopping! I will see to it personally! Your majesty, is there anything else I can do for you? Yuki, could you lend me a hoof in moving all these things the dear Port Sides is interested in into one neat pile?"

Saddlesore watched in amazement at how quickly Pigpen was able to react to all of his customers.

"Who knew old stinky could move so fast?" the stern blue stallion sneered.

"Saddlesore! Be nice!" Mr. Waddle quipped.

Edited by Mojo

HighRoller nodded to both of the mares examining his handiwork, flattered by their shows of admiration. "I handpainted this. The hoofguards were a little tricky, but nothing I couldn't handle. The real doozies were your eyes. Their beauty was, um...hard to adequately capture. I had to use a wash- that's a thin, ink-like paint that sinks into the nooks and crannies of the model- to acchieve the lifelike look I wanted. Thank both of you ladies for your compliments."

The unicorn cast his gaze around. "I have a couple more, but I don't wish to bore you ladies with them now...perhaps once our belongings are squared away I can share them with you on the train to Canterlot?"

Yuki instantly snapped out of it as soon as his name was called

"Put it in a pile? Sure no problem!"

He began to start moving all the things into a pile, some with great effort and some without a hitch, he was nearly done until he noticed what HighRoller was talking about

"You make art too? I know a pony named Duskus who is really into that stuff, maybe you could talk with her if we run into her!"

At the word 'Pile' TurnTimber cringed and threw out a face of pure disgust at the fact that all of these nautical treasures were to be simply tossed into a pile.

She watched closely as Yuki took each piece and moved it over some of them giving him trouble and each piece that was put into said pile making her more scared for the next and the previous pieces that he had put onto the pile.

To make things even worse he was TOUCHING all of these nautical treasures whilst moving them, but it was too late as the task was soon complete and before she could scold him none the less. She trotted with a furious pace over to the pile and began to examine each piece to make sure that none of them were damaged in anyway at all. She looked over back towards the group as she had soon figured out how much of a jerk she must look like as she doesn't even trust a simple stallion who was only trying to help out and collect her things into a neat location for her. She frowned a bit as she ruffled her own mane a bit then let it fall back into its semi-organized place before she attempted to shoot Yuki a very cute and apologetic face.

"All of these treasures, mine, all of them..." She softly whispered to herself as she looked at the pile and all of its glory. She would not be sleeping tonight, she had too much work to do with all of these treasures.

"Pardon me, there seems to be one thing missing." She trotted over to Yuki and placed a hoof on his chin and turned his head towards her and gave him what seemed to be a kissy face before she put the other hoof behind his head and then produced from what seemed to be thin air five bits which she held out for the stallion to take. "For services rendered." Little did he know that they were his own bits that she had simply taken and now were returning to him, but that was for a later explanation.