Writing collab project

this could work out nicely to have different styles put out but it could potentially be clashy depending, are you going to have one main editor to keep everything grammatically sound?

I'm going to try and get some captains who are good with proofreading to double check things before they get put into the final draft. I'm also a bit worried that different writing styles may make it seem odd, but i'm sure that it will add a bit of uniqueness to each developing story.

It certainly sounds quite interested.

I'm sure the turn out will be great.

However! (Dun dun dun)

I see a single problem here.

Since multiple people will be working on this, many writing styles will ensure. This is both bad and good. On one hand, it provides a large general description in many styles, through a selective, choose your own view. Good. Great. Now, there's many downsides. A lot. Number 1? There will be people who will want to join this who have great ideas, but this will be how they write:

EXHIBIT A:

And then you looked to Twilight. She was reading a book. She likes books. You like books too. It would be a good idea to read togethor.

EXHIBIT B:

'hai' says rainbiw disb as she sriles down fron a clOud. how are u doing?

EXHIBIT C:

Insert Mary Sue here.

It certainly sounds quite interested.

I'm sure the turn out will be great.

However! (Dun dun dun)

I see a single problem here.

Since multiple people will be working on this, many writing styles will ensure. This is both bad and good. On one hand, it provides a large general description in many styles, through a selective, choose your own view. Good. Great. Now, there's many downsides. A lot. Number 1? There will be people who will want to join this who have great ideas, but this will be how they write:

EXHIBIT A:

And then you looked to Twilight. She was reading a book. She likes books. You like books too. It would be a good idea to read togethor.

EXHIBIT B:

'hai' says rainbiw disb as she sriles down fron a clOud. how are u doing?

EXHIBIT C:

Insert Mary Sue here.

I understand, and that's why i asked for some examples of writing, and i'm gonna have plenty of people checking over it before it goes live.If someone who does have an issue with writing, i'll ask them to either A: Find someone who can and elaborate their ideas to them instead so that they can write it, or B, see if one of the current writers wants to help them out. I'm not just gonna let some 3rd grader wiht a C in english write for this unless they have some potential.

I understand, and that's why i asked for some examples of writing, and i'm gonna have plenty of people checking over it before it goes live.If someone who does have an issue with writing, i'll ask them to either A: Find someone who can and elaborate their ideas to them instead so that they can write it, or B, see if one of the current writers wants to help them out. I'm not just gonna let some 3rd grader wiht a C in english write for this unless they have some potential.

TrollFaceDancing.gif

*with

*I'll

*I'm

*I

Just kiddin' with ya. :)

TrollFaceDancing.gif

*with

*I'll

*I'm

*I

Just kiddin' with ya. :)

Pure unfiltered rage burns through my veins......

Yeah, i know, i goof sometimes... that's why i want other people to check over my stuff, hehehe... but in reality, i'm sure that with so many people looking through this, it'll be noticeable when something is amiss.

This sounds like an awesome idea! I'd be very interested in writing for this! I love choose your own adventures, especially if it involves ponies. I could message you a story of mine, for the sample of my writing, although it may not be about ponies...

This sounds like an awesome idea! I'd be very interested in writing for this! I love choose your own adventures, especially if it involves ponies. I could message you a story of mine, for the sample of my writing, although it may not be about ponies...

Sure, that's fine, just send it to the email so i have your email on record, okay? I'd appreciate it ^_^

Noticed that this project seems to have stalled. May I offer my services as a professional editor/publisher? Perhaps that might be of use in uniting the writing styles...

Yeah! Sure, any help would be great... Right now i've got the first act started up (Kind of a meaningless act in the grand scheme of things, just the reader goofing around town until the conflict shows up, which i still want to find a few people to discuss that with before making any storyline official. I just dont want it to seem like "Starfox64x gets other people to write his story for him', i want it to truly be a collaboration) And i've got a couple writers started on bits they've claimed... no idea how it's going to come back to me though, so i'm concerned...

But yeah! If you want to be one of the captains helping out (Or, since you're a professional, my main captain) to help out with major decision, editing, proofreading and whatnot i'd really appreciate the help.

When you reply back, send me your email too and i'll send you the link to the google docs page where i have everything written so far...

As of the time of this post, I haven't sent you an email. I've decided to post here instead, for a couple of reasons.

This isn't exactly my "application" or anything, as that will liekly still be kept to the email.

However, as cocky as it may come off, my writing skills; when put to the test, canbe near perfect. That is because I am being tutored by a friend who is na English Major in college. He's offered to tutor me on the weekends.

I'm also home-schooled, and we're nearing the end of the year, so my "workload" has calmed down a lot. So I will have plenty of free time to work on this.

I haven't actually finished any but one fanfiction. It was what ended up being a "parody" of "The Cough." However, I hadn't read the fanficiton until someone linked me to it. Mine had notihng to do with ponies, but ended up following almost the same "storyline" as the aforementioned one. Because of this, i've pulled it from the internet, as I do not wish to deal with people claiming I've stolen an idea.

As I'd mentioned before, I will have a bit of free tiem this may, so if you're interested, I'd love to be a Captain!

I'd also wanted to ask. Are you taking a bit of "influence" in this project from "Fallout Equestria"? The interpretation of "Choose your own adventure" and "Gigantic story" remind me of it. Not saying that is a "negative" thing, but I'd felt like asking.

Anyways, I'll just leave this here for now. If you feel you still need an application, I can send one. Otherwise, my email is rainbowdashzx@gmail.com

As of the time of this post, I haven't sent you an email. I've decided to post here instead, for a couple of reasons.

This isn't exactly my "application" or anything, as that will liekly still be kept to the email.

However, as cocky as it may come off, my writing skills; when put to the test, canbe near perfect. That is because I am being tutored by a friend who is na English Major in college. He's offered to tutor me on the weekends.

I'm also home-schooled, and we're nearing the end of the year, so my "workload" has calmed down a lot. So I will have plenty of free time to work on this.

I haven't actually finished any but one fanfiction. It was what ended up being a "parody" of "The Cough." However, I hadn't read the fanficiton until someone linked me to it. Mine had notihng to do with ponies, but ended up following almost the same "storyline" as the aforementioned one. Because of this, i've pulled it from the internet, as I do not wish to deal with people claiming I've stolen an idea.

As I'd mentioned before, I will have a bit of free tiem this may, so if you're interested, I'd love to be a Captain!

I'd also wanted to ask. Are you taking a bit of "influence" in this project from "Fallout Equestria"? The interpretation of "Choose your own adventure" and "Gigantic story" remind me of it. Not saying that is a "negative" thing, but I'd felt like asking.

Anyways, I'll just leave this here for now. If you feel you still need an application, I can send one. Otherwise, my email is rainbowdashzx@gmail.com

Awesome, i could use some more help. I'm mostly concerned about glaring grammar issues.which i'm sure you'll see some in this post, but i take more time when writting stories. I know we'll have a lot of different style of writing, but i think it'll be interesting to see, going down one path will be more creepy than another because of people's writing styles.

As for Fallout, i've never read it. not much into the game, so i havent paid much attention to it (Which is hard considering it seems like someone updates it every day x-x ) I wasnt aware it was a choose your own adventure type story... But anyway, this is just it's own thing, you're a random pony in ponyville and you join up with the mane six to face a conflict

And there is no 'official' application, it's more like "Hey i want to join!" "Awesome, take a look at what we got and see if there's anything you can contribute." right now i'm not turning anyone down as long as their writing is good.

So i'll send you an email with more info, take a look and see what you think.