A Quick Question about the Royal Guard...

TemplarFrost

Is the Royal guard restricted to only Pegasi, or can other species can join too, if so, can you name all of them for me please? Thanks.

Diomedes can give you more specifics, but as far as I know the basics in terms of allowed species are as follows:

The Royal Guard is part of a greater organization called the Royal Equestrian Army (REA), which you can read about in detail here. All three types of ponies can join the REA, but other non-pony species are not necessarily permitted.

The Stallian Guard, the part of the REA which operates out of the city of Stalliongrad has far more integrated units, which allow other non-pony species like dragons, griffons and the like to join.

There are also a couple military related civilian organizations of note; the knightly order known as the Destriers, who I believe only allow pegasi and earth ponies; and the Royal Equestrian Intelligence Network, which is kind of a spy network type thing, and I know from experience that they at least allow zebras in addition to the regular pony types, though I don't know when it comes to less pony like species.

All pony species can be in the Royal Guard. Stalliongrad is focused on racial integration, so all species are permitted. REIN operates without borders so all species are permitted. Destriers I'm still working on, but for now assume that unicorns are rarer than pegasi or earth ponies.