[Chapter 2-No Lands End] Finding the Path of Dreams [PM to Join]

Thrylos

She stared at the small pony for a long while before finally deciding what to do. She turned to the crowd and yelled "get back to your tents, there is nothing to see here!" She waited until the group dispersed before helping the young pony up.

"You have no idea how many would want you dead just because of those." She put his cloak on to cover his wings. "Do not look anyone in the eye and follow me, I intend to question you. After that, so long as you speak the truth, you will be given a job and a home."

Her tent was disorganized, but it had to do until Zeke was replaced and sent back to the camp. She motioned for Draco to sit, and did the same. Before starting, she laughed aloud. Seeing the pony's confusion, she explained. "Of all the things I expected to do when I became a blacksmith, talking to a half-dragon whose life I saved was a bit further down the list."

Forcing herself to be more serious, she started the questioning. She decided to ask them all at once and see if his will broke, if not then her new plan could come into action(don't bother reading earlier posts, this is the first time I mentioned this). "How old are you? Are you lab made? If not, are either of your parents dragons? Can you fly? Have you ever encountered a dragon? If so, was he hostile, friendly, or neither? Is your first instinct to fight or flee? CAN you fight? Which side do you support? How convincing a speaker are you? What do you normally do for a job?" She stopped to breath, waiting for his response to her ruthless questioning.

Zeke laughed. "No reason to be shy. So, what are you doing here at the camp? Are you looking for shelter? Its understandable, considering the war going on. I've even faced the other sides soldiers, who had defected. We watch those ones closely, but some have become very trusted and wise members of the herd."

---

Slowly Nexilli stepped out into a noisy hullabaloo, which was ended with the sound of the blind zebra moving some ropes and such, disgusted and angry voices from the crowd, and slowly the crowd dispersed. Nexi really didn't want to talk to anyone, but knew if she had to she would face Amy first. Quietly, the striped zebra went through the camp and slipped into her tent, to barge in on a questioning. Decidedly, Nexi sat in a corner and decided to make a mental picture of the pony. By the shifting of the air, he was a pegasus, but the air currents his wings made were...off.

Draco looked at the mare as she let loose a volley of questions. he answered calmly used to it

"i am a young stallion 2 years ago i was still in school, im a failed experiment from the kings labs, my parents are both pegasai thought my mother was abducted by the kings forces to use me who was still in her to experiment, she died giving birth to me, when they saw i was not what they wanted they tried to "dispose" of me. lucky for me my father stole me away and i grew up in a small town. yes i can fly, no i never met a dragon, my first instinct is to avoid conflict, yes i can fight, i hate the king and myself but i have yet to find reason to support your side although the hint of kindness is nice. i don't speak much, i don't have a job." he answered the questions and then noticed somepony starring at him a zebra he looked back at him

Crescent really wasnt in the mood for pleasantries and all this beating around the bush, he needed to speak with the council of the no lands end immediately about the urgent threat of Storm Dragon being so close by. He stood strait at he full height and looked sternly at the griffin.

"Look zeke. I was trying to keep it a secret but you clearly know who I am. Which means you know I'm of the Cloudsdale rebel council and..."

He tilted his head forward casting a shadow over his face. He spoke in a dark tone, while still keeping his gaze locked on the griffin's eyes.

"...you know what I am capable of. Now I have already deemed these refugees fit for entree, and as your superior I order you to step aside; I have urgent information on Strom Dragon's whereabouts for the council of No Lands End."

OOC: yeah Crescent kinda lied...he's killed lot o ponies. LOTS o ponies, but he's ashamed and doesnt like others to know how violent he's been, I imagine him to be well known through the rebellion for slaughtering tons of empire ponies at the front lines despite being a higher up on the cloudsdale council. just thought you should know so that you dont think I'm pulling stuff outta my butt here.

In the corner of her eye, Amy flooded with relief as Nexi walked inside the tent, and after Draco finished Amy decided to introduce the two.

Looking at Nexi, she said: "Nexi! Welcome home, I was worried sick. I'd like you to meet Draco, the dragon-pony."

She looked back to Draco, disappointed that her plan was destroyed before it could even start. She sighed. Draco had few useful skills, it seemed. She promised him a job, but leaving him in camp was a death sentence. Her mind pushed the unloved Nexi to the front, and she suddenly knew what to do. "Draco, I sense no lies from you, and as long as Nexi doesn't object," Amy motioned her head to the zebra behind her. "You can help her with whatever she wants. You both have much in common, expecially the undeserved hatred from your peers, this could be very healthy for the two of you."

(I edited the post a lot so I didn't push any boundries)

Dunder noticed the Zebra again, something about her made her seem like an important zebra. He decided to follow her. He was not being suspected by anypony.

He saw her enter a tent. Deciding it wouldn't be the best option to barge in, he took a seat on a crate near the tent in an attempt to eavesdrop.

Runner had been listening to the goings on for quite some time now.

"Well look at this, I might not even have to be questioned. That works for me, all i need is somewhere to lay down for a bit."

He thought to himself. He was aware that the zebra had left, but what really had his interest was Pro, he was talking with the griffon very secretively.

"I wonder what he's up to."

"Nexi, please tell me everything you encountered while scouting, and how you managed to escape from - if the reports are true - Storm Dragon." Amy had waited for Draco to leave before asking this of Nexi, the information could have been very confidential. She was almost positive that Nexi disapproved of having Draco pawned off on her, but even a zebra as skilled as she was still blind at the end of the day. Giving Draco to her was the best solution avaliable, as most of the others ended with Amy's exile, Draco's lynching, and Nexi's continued lonliness. The last one was the worst punishment of all, it seemed to Amy.

"I'm sorry for telling him to go with you. If you don't want him, I'll give him another job." Amy waited for a moment, then realized something major. "I'm resigning the council tomorrow." She said flatly. "I am very unqualified for the job, and now I let a possible spy run loose around the camp. I have served for several of the worst weeks of my life, but more than likely this alone would get me kicked off of it, if I was lucky." She sighed and stared into her friend's unseeing eyes. "But the world is full of ifs, isn't it?"

BlackHoof noticed his chance and slid out of the chair and trotted over to pro

" Whos this? Cool wings by the way! Are they fake, Or are you a like magical??? "

The young colt looked confused at the Dragon/pony, He couldn't tell if it was exactly friendly, but it was defiantly intriguing "

(We are in different tents right now, Amy, Draco, and Nexi are in one, and You, Runner, Crescent, and Zeke are in the other. Dunder is outside of Amy's tent and Wilden is on the way to Whitetail Wood.)

Dunder's eavesdropping showed that the ponies inside weren't going to get angry at him for intruding, most likely. It was worth a shot, after all, he should get to know as many ponies as he could to make sure they are good ponies.

He stood up from the barrel and brushed himself off of dust. He cleared his throat, hoping that they wouldn't find out he wasn't supposed to be in here. He quickly trotted inside of the tent, "Oh... hello." He said to the ponies.

((Been blogging, back now!))

Zeke gave a sideways look at Crescent Blaze. "Of course I know you, Cresecent, but things have changed a bit." The griffin glared at him. "Sorry, but superior forces have me stuck in a position where I MUST stay here and question, even more then before...you may go. You know about the passage the zebra took. It supposedly knows more than even you..." Scorn filled his voice, even calling Nexi an "it."

--------------------------------

Nexilli sensed the dragon pony, and the deeper she probed with her senses, the more she found. This pony really did hate himself, in many ways, and sorrow filled her up. Amy's wishes seemed fair to all of them, considering what could happen to the poor boy-no, she wouldn't consider him a beast, but an honoured guest-after all the ruckus outside. He needed her, and she needed him. The blind zebra turned towards the area where Amy was, not being exactly on target, and nodded.

"I will take him in. And Draco," Nexi turned to the boy. "Nopony is helpless. If a zebra who goes blind after knowing sight for so long can learn what I have, then a young colt like you can do much more than I ever have. Now come on. We've got some work to do." With that, the zebra placed a cloak over Draco and stepped outside, waiting for him to come out.

((what about zeke and what crecsent said to him???))

((Thrylos edited it, also Wilden's next post is coming when page five comes. For now though, here is Amy))

Dunder. Of all the ponies the war-torn Equestria threw at Amy, this was by far the most shocking. Amy was so focused on Nexi that Dunder's entrance was unnoticed by her until seconds after her blind friend left the tent, with Draco in tow. He didn't seem to have aged a day from the last time she saw him in Giza's shop all those years ago. She was barely a mare then, an apprentice blacksmith. He was a soldier, still a soldier, most likely. Age and stress didn't have their claws in Amy back then, she even recalled laughing at the thought of a grey mane, and the tiny grey hairs approaching her now seemed to laugh.

That was the moment when Amy's memory pulled her in. Giza's shop was neat and orderly like always (excluding the opening week, when Red the teenage dragon took up residence), Leafy was on break, and Giza--no, back then he was Mr. Black, her teacher, not Giza, her co-worker--was filling another request, this one for a blade made of rare meteor ore. That ore was Mr. Black's prized possession, worth almost as much as his entire shop had been. Dunder, Dusty (Mr. Black's very first costumer), and Amy had been gossiping about the chances of civil war and which side to join. All three of them agreed that what they talked about never left the shop. In the end, Dusty snitched and, not quite two days after Amy was considered a full blacksmith, she was banished from Canterlot.

Suddenly Amy was back in her tent, staring at her old friend. She galloped to him and jumped, giving him a hug rivaling that of an Ursa Major's. She kissed both of his cheeks (out of respect and friendship, mind you), and proceded to welcome him and offer a seat.

When they were both seated, Amy broke the silence with the smile she was sure he remembered she had.

"Dunder! How and where have you been? It has been ages!"

((Seriously, how long has this war been going on?))

Crescent was set on edge Zeke's response. If they had been forced to take extra precautions allowing refugees into camp then the situation here must be worse then Crescent had originally estimated. He turned to the colt smiling

"I'm gonna have to go for a while. I know you both probably have a lot of questions for me but dont worry I'll come find you as soon as I can to answer them. Runner will look after you while I'm gone. Stay strong kiddo."

Crescent ruffled hunter's mane and made his way to the back of the inquisition chambers. He had hoped that the rebel fortifications at No Land's End would be more equipped to take on Storm Dragon but on exiting the chambers and seeing the state of the camp his hopes were severely diminished. He tried not to let the scattered disorganized state of the camp deter him. He turned to one of the guards and asked for directions to the Council's tent hoping it wouldnt end up being too much of a treck, he had gone days without sleep fleeing the new capitol and still had none even after joining up with his new group. Upon this he realized he must look a dusty haggard mess and tried to fix himself up as best he could.

He made his way through the dry dusty camp as messengers hurried here and there, and couldnt help thinking that Runner could probably finish whatever routes they were making in half the time. He turned a corner around what must have been the thousandth canvas tent and saw the the tent where the Council convened. He realized it must take much more time to pack up and move then it did in cloudsdale where they could just kick down their temporary cloud shelters and build new ones in just a few minutes.

He approached the tent and took a deep breath. He wasnt sure what the other council members would think of his failure to keep the rebels in cloudsdale form scattering despite the overwhelming force of Storm Dragon's army once the bulk of his forces had been moved to the floating city in addition to the first of the dragon unicorns that had been used in battle against them. It had demoralized the troops so badly that many had deserted, despite the inspiration Crescent tried to give them through his performance in battle. Never the less he had crucial information and an oath to lead the rebels to uphold. He brushed open the tent flap and stepped in to see Diamondeyes, Commander Redwing, and of course General Hurricane. He was curious to the lack of a fourth pony as he recalled hearing word of a new Councilor Ironhooves being selected to succeed the late Councilor White Steele.

"Greetings General. Greetings fellow Councilcolts. I come bearing urgent news of Storm Dragons Whereabouts and the state of the rebellion in cloudsdale."

He maintained his general air of authority and spoke as professionally as possible, trying to play off his sudden appearance as nothing out of the ordinary. After all he wouldnt have been surprised if they had thought him dead with the severity of the onslaught that Storm Dragon had unleashed upon Cloudsdale.

((hey thrylos is that changeling dragon thingy still lurking around this thread?))