The Return of Discord [Open]

Balance was frozen in fear at Strife's words. Damn it, I'm not just gonna' sit here and watch you in fear. Stand aside! The fear on his face vanished, as the only thing in his mind suddenly, were the millions of strategies he could use to hurt, and get away from Strife. He settled on a rather simple one. "I do hope you realize, I'm not gonna' stand here and be sacrificed. Good bye!" He gave a weak buck to Strife's face, and took advantage of his fear to rush adrenaline through his system, allowing him to run faster than normal. He ran through the forest, making random turns, and when he thought it was safe, realized how lost he was.

He wandered aimlessly, and accidently found his way back to where he was. "... Woops..." He couldn't find where Strife was, and hoped it wasn't a chaotic trick. He hid a bit further from the area than before, but still close enough to hear the sound from the battle.

The mask chuckled as Discord showed physical discomfort from the punch and being knocked backwards. Replying to physical Discord's comment on physical attacks being ineffective at defeating him and being called a parasite, the mask said, "I know, but I enjoy seeing you in pain, Discord. Besides, as I've said before, with this host I have barely scratched the surface..." The mask was enjoying this battle.

Silver waited for an opening to siphon Discord. Watching Fireheart teleport and call Discord old while snorting flame at the Chaos God, he cheered, "Good job!"

The cheer caught in his throat as Discord created a shield and countered with an electroshock grab. "Now is your chance, get him!", the mask whispered. Silver nodded and grabbed Discord in a death grip, augmenting his grip by digging a few spikes into Discord's hide. Silver's horn glowed brilliantly as the Mask's draining touch kicked in again, augmented with a soul crushing stare the mask had borrowed from a previous wearer. "Taste mask!", Silver shouted as he izuna dropped Discord into the earth.

Strife was pushed back a tad at his weak buck, but he had taken far worse.

"COME BACK YOU COWARD!" He shouted as he ran off into the forest,I WILL find him....He thought to himself bitterly before around for his next victim.

But as he began his search, he finally took notice of the titanic battle raging above him, such beautiful displays of power!

After a moment of squinting, he saw his master in the air, fighting what seemed to be an....alicorn? But there were only two!

This is getting better and better! I will end them all! He vowed with demented glee, but as he was about to charge into the fray, but he saw something that shook him to the core of his damaged soul.

"MY LORD!" He screamed in dismay as he watched him be ponyhandled by that sacrilegious abomination.

Rushing upon the field of battle, crushed and burning trees as well as craters marking this place as a battlefield for beings of true power, Strife guessed where Discord would land and fell there, eager to break his master's fall.

Luckily, fate decided to throw Strife a bone, For he was right, and even though he could feel his ribs breaking as the mighty form of his God landed upon him, he tried to ignore the pain and smile.

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Discord quickly recovered from the magic-leech once he was on the ground, and while he felt weaker, that fall should of hurt FAR more....

Looking down, he noticed a familiar robed Unicorn, lieing on the ground and breathing heavily.

"Good choice,Champion Strife. A few broken bones is a worthy sacrifice to keep me from any more harm then needed!" He {sorta} praised Strife and put emphasis on the word champion to keep him motivated, loyal servants were hard to come by you know!

Grabbing him by his hood with his lion arm, Discord rose into the air once more, the holes in his sides healing with minimal blood lose, and waved his free hand to grab their undivided attention, a fire-work shooting out of no where to add to the effect.{Unsurprisingly,it was shaped like his face.}

"Much to my regret, I have Chaos to cause." He announced in a voice loud enough for every one of his foes could hear,"But worry not! While I know nopony can ever replace a being as handsome and witty as I. I'm sure you will agree that my choice of play-mate is more then suitable." The Draconequus laughed with appropriate hand motions, before snapping his free hand.

Suddenly, the ground began to tremble, similar to the after shock of an earth quack, and a Oil-like substance began to creep up from the ground directly below Discord.

The strange liquids began to take a form, each one distinctly different from the last.

"As you can see, Mes amis, I have created some very well made dopplegangers of yourselves to keep you busy! Bon par for now!" He chuckled before teleporting with Strife in hand to fulfill what ever nefarious plot they had planned.

Oh no not this again Fireheart said frustrated then layed down and said. Everypony I'm going to ask that you keep these imposters busy while I charge this next spell, it will destroy them in one blast. They are pure chaos magic that be only destroyed through Harmony magic.. His horn began to glow as a red ring formed around it next an orange ring then a yellow ring next a green ring then a blue ring and last a purple ring reached the tip as began chargeing the spell.

"Just like old times...", the mask said through Silver's voice in an amused tone. Squaring off against the doppelgängers, Silver roared, "Come on! Let's rumble!", and grabbed his doppelgänger. Lifting him over his head, Silver slammed his doppelgänger into the ground and shifting his grip, used him like a baseball bat. Swinging for the fences, he struck the other doppelgängers, knocking them down like ninepins.

Nemesis gazed at his own doppelganger for a few seconds and then said "Seriously spirit of chaos?? Is that you're best??" he asking mockingly, He gathered up all the power to his engines, the roar of the power coming from them was loud and he was holding himself down.

"100 percent

150 percent

175 percent"

There was a brief pause before nemesis yelled

"NOW!!"

For a split second nemesis had vanished then the dopplegangers eye's caught up to him but by that time it was too late. The real nemesis used his sheer speed and force and ripped through the fake. sending bits of the fake counterpart all over the area.

He looked up to find Discord had vanished along with his little servant..."typical" he said "running away instead of fighting.."

Potey felt different after his horn was healed. He shook his head and pushed it out of his mind, he had a doppleganger to fight. He walked up to him, still a bit dizzy. He began to use his magic, he horn glowed an light green, which was strange, since it usually was purple. He put a spell on it, encasing it in a bubble, that contracted in on itself, sufficating it. "I'll find you Discord!" He yelled at the sky, where Discord had dissapeared.

It was very loud for a few seconds, when suddenly it got quiet. Balance went out of his hiding place, only to find clones of everypony. It was too late to hide again, as one of his clone saw him and ran towards him. He thought, that despite how stupid it seemed, the smartest move would be to go into the crowd. He jumped on top of, then over, his clone, then ran into the crowd, and bumped into Fireheart, who appeared to be charging a spell. He backed away slowly. He joined in the crowd, trying his best to act like a mindless clone. None of them seemed to notice.

Several miles away, at the Carousel Boutique, a tall figure sat upon a couch on the top platform of the center of fashion, throwing what seemed to be Popcorn into his single-fanged mouth.

"Look at them Strife! Well, you probably can't see them now that I think about it, but I can bet that old fool Fireheart is going to be casting the same stupid spell he used all those years ago. But what he doesn't know is that I made these clones react explosively to being destroyed! You would think that by now they would learn that a being of my intellect would never do anything twice!" He explained/boasted to the confused figure of Strife who took up the seat next to the immortal creature.

"Umm, aren't we supposed to be over there and ya know. Killing them?" Strife asked with honest confusion, his Rage dissipating after his temporary knock-out.

Discord rolled his strangely colored eyes at Strife's question, did he know nothing?"No, what would the fun in that be? I will save them for last and force them to watch as their disgustingly orderly planet reverts to it's naturally chaotic state! Now stay here. I stashed a artifact at Rarity's foolish little shop."

Teleporting into a jungle of hanging fabric he assumed was the interior shop, he smirked as he noticed the extremely fluffy green unicorn crying in a corner.

"DON'T LOOK AT ME! I'm hideous!" The mutated fasinista shouted in dismay, tears running down her face.

"As I live and breath! What happened to you Rarity!" He laughed before walking past her to a strange purple mannequin, and began ripping it's head off.

A bright purple light began to shine from inside the mannequin as Discord reached into it's broken neck with his Eagle arm and pulling out a purple gem...

"I still can't believe nopony noticed the mannequin! You ponies are too easy to trick!" Discord mumbled with slight disappointment.

"Aw well, time to go! By the way, green is not your color Rarity! What were you thinking!" He mocked before teleporting back to the roof.

"Daddys back! And I brought presents!" he annonced to the Red Rabble Rouser.

Leaving his clone in the bubble, he decieded to go back into town, thinking he would look for the Element bearers Strife mentioned, as he walked through the town, he saw a small philly playing around on a scooter, he reconized her, Scootaloo was her name? For some reason, almost on compulsion, he stuck he hoof out as her scooter passed him. Breaking it, and sending her flying off, landing head first in a bale of hay. He started laughing. He was about to run off as he saw Discord on top of Raritys clothing store. Quickly, teleported on top of the building, and snatched the Gem out of his claws," Really,?" He asked Discord," This is what you're doing? Stealing Gems?" He asked, laughing cruelly.

OOC: Yes, the magic from Discord healing him is making him Chaotic. And yes, he broke Scootaloo's scooter.

EDIT: I have no idea why he called the gem a necklass.

(OOC, TheBlueMage, what happened with the lightning strike against Strife from behind by Amber wands?)

Seeing Balance run to safety mad Amber feel a lot better, and was surprised to see Discord heal Poty's horn.

She manouvered over beside the Doctor to help him if she could "I hope you have a plan, they are using power levels more than my wand could store up."

Suddenly Discord set loose Dopplegangers. "Oh Celestia! I'd better get a raise and a month's vacation out of this! I hear the Gallopacos Islands are perfect right now.."

Amber wands started firing lightning bolts at the Dopplegangers from her wand...

Balance was inches away from being hit by one of Amber's lightning bolts. "Careful Amber!" He yelled, which he quickly regretted. The clones around him stared daggers at him, which made him realize that the clones didn't speak; so it became obvious that he wasn't one of the clones. He thought fast, and jumped on top of his doppleganger, making sure to twist around quickly to mix everypony up. It worked, as the nearby dopplegangers weren't sure which was real. Balance went with this, and started pointing madly at his doppleganger, which was returned with the same gesture. He hoped either one of the real ponies knew it was him, or that the clones believed him to be a clone.

"alright the spell is complete but there's something weird about these creatures" Fireheart thought and ran a background spell on the clones and detected that they will explode upon destruction. He then stood up said. Everypony get back they'll blow up if they're distroyed. MY spell is ready so lets end this party. Fireheart realesed a modifided spell. A large rainbow flew out of his horn then seperated like snakes striking each of the remaining clones and shot them into the air where they caused a devistaing explosion. You Balance he said turning toword the unicorn and giving him an intense stare.

Balance started cheering as the clones flew into the air and exploded. However, his celebration was gone quickly as Fireheart stared at him with intensity. He swallowed his nervousness, as he responded. "Umm... Yes?"

The gear! We completely forgot about the gear!

Well, better late then never I suppose.

"Er... Yes, Strife did mention some gear made by Discord."

Sundden Fireheart's expression went from concern to worry. This is not good. I must return to the Elements safe and gather the amulets so I can make modifcations, you ponies need to find this gear at all costs. The situation has turned dire can I depend this of you?

What is is Fire? Song asked growing worried.

{OOC: He did get hit by Amber's attack, and he was about to engage with her in an epic magical duel. But Silver picked him up and did a mega ultra V12 power-drive soul destroying attack. So he was kinda weakened by all that. But if you still want that fight, then you could always hunt Strife down...}

Discord raised an eyebrow as Strife began laughing hysterically,"What is wrong with you?"

Strife tried to stop laughing as he heard the annoyance in his Lord's voice, but the occasional giggle still came out,"Sorry boss, but that filly! HA! Just fell into a- Who the buck are you?" He finished aggressively as a familiar bunny headed unicorn pooped into existence in front of Discord and...took his gem?

Discord, for the second time that day, was shocked at the gall of this pony, giving him a back-clawed slap, Discord retrieved his property,"This, you insolent foal, is far more then a simple gem! I created it to counter Fireheart's Elements of Harmony! Behold! The Jewels of Discord!TM"He explained to both Strife and Potey, obviously proud of his handywork," It took me hundreds of years to create them, and I wasn't able to hide them until LAST time I was released! But it was all worth it! This is the Jewel of Greed! And the great part about them is that I can choose who get's to use them! So I don't have to wait for the embodiment of the Jewel to be born!"

Strife couldn't believe what he was hearing, they their own secret weapon now! But he was confused,"Awesome Boss! But who is going to use it? I'm not all that greedy...."

Discord simply facepalmed at Strife's words, he could be slow on the uptake at times...."Were you not listening? I can MAKE anypony I desire the Jewel User. And while I was thinking about giving it to you, there are 5 others and I think our new friend here seems quite greedy..."He looked back at the downed Unicorn, and, levitating the precious Jewel just out of reach, gave him an offer,"What do you say, My little pony. I can sense the chaos inside of you. Will you join the winning side, or are you content with being Strife's practice dummy?"

"You can count on me. I have, at least, SOME of the situation understood." Balance thought if there was anything else he would need, but could only think of one thing. "My only condition is for a quick mode of transport. I know where we need to go, and it may be too late if we take the train their... Besides, the train probably doesn't exist anymore."

Fireheart thought for a moment then cast a small teleportation spell and an amulet apeared out the thin air and levitated on to the unicorn's neck. This is a teleport amulet it will take you and those you desire to what ever location you wish. Now I must return and see to the elements when you find what we're looking for tell Song and she'll contact me and Song watch over them. With a ping Fireheart vanished.

You can count on me Fire

(OOC; Ah ok, no need for her to hunt him down though, sounds like he'll be back soon enough. ;) )

Amber wands yelped when the fist doppleganger she zapped exploded, blowing a tree to bits. "Oh Sweet Celestia! I really hate Discord!"

She waved at Balance fter he dodged a lightning bolt. "Sorry about that!"

The amber mare suddenly hit the dirt when Fireheart warned about the explosions and cast the spell to destroy them safely.

"Well, that was exciting.."

The mare listened as Balance described what he could divine of the mystery gear made by Discord. And then listened to Firehart's question "You can count on me as well."

She looked around, suddenly realizing a bunny headed unicorn was not around. "Um what happened to Poty?"

Strife and Discord gave a collective groan of annoyance at the mention of the Element of Magic.

"Cooler ones? What in the name of Me are you babbling about? They all give you power beyond your wildest dreams! Besides, Twilight Sparkle would almost surly of found it if I hid it near her....but I may have to go pay her a little "visit", or at least send Strife to "take care" of her..."Discord began a dark, unsettling laughter as he imagined the Librarian's demise, the slightly confused laughter of Strife joining in a moment into the laughter.

Clapping his hands together, Discord began to move on,"Enough! We must get back to work! Strife, I think our foes ,while entertaining,are too numerous, but we are legion. I want you to hunt down one of them and....take Care of them. I will take our new friend and gather the Ponyville sect of my followers, they should be at my temple. Waiting for the glorious me to arrive to guide them with my force of will!"

"Awesome My Lord!, um...can I take that Jewel with me for a, ya know, power boost? I might end up fighting that Mask-thing or that Alicorn...and well...they seem kinda tough..." He asked sheepishly, now that he was sane again, he was honestly really scared at the thought of facing one of those titans. What had gotton into him before?

"Oh Strife! No need to be worried! I'm sure what eeklings of common sense you posses will make sure you don't run straight at them screaming. Also, while all my Jewels provide serious power to whoever wields them. They work best with somepony who shows a large amount of the emotion they posses. And I think little Potey here will make an excellent Greed bearer when he...comes around."Discord explained/insulted, giving Potey a knowing look at the end.

"But if for some reason your still nervous even after my amazing advice. Here is a hint to the location of the Jewel I think will work best with you!" The Reality Bender cleared his throat, and recited a riddle he had been working on for a few months...

"My my Strife, you sure are rude. Animals must run from you when you visit the forest!" Discord smiled, he HAD to get this, especially with all the emphasis he had put on the word Rude and forest.

But neigh, it was not meant to be, for Strife,looking slightly insulted, just continued to stare at his God.

"Um...thanks, Boss...So where is the Jewel?"

Discord's eye twitched slightly as his anger slowly rose,Keep calm handsome, just count to 10....

Breathing deeply, Discord simply cut his loss's and flat out told him,"At Fluttershy's Cabin you twit. The Jewel of Rudeness can be found in Fluttershy's Cabin."

Strife, oblivious to the insult, just grinned,"OH! Why didn't you say so Master? I'm on my way!" With that, the Crimson Chaotic Crusader teleported off the ironically named building and began the long run to what we can assume was Fluttershy's humble abode.

looking down at the nervous Unicorn, Discord bought him close to his chest,"Time to introduce you to all your new "friends"!" With that, they both "popped" out of existence and to the underground Temple to all things Chaotic.