Summer of Pony ~ Session III [S1E06-8]

Madlibs:

Twilight Sparkle: Princess Celestia has given us this mission, and we must not fail. If we do, Equestria will be covered in legs for the next seven years.

Fluttershy: w00t!

Rarity: [humph] Talk about getting your beauty sleep.

Twilight Sparkle: All right, everypony, I need you to shoot rocks gracefully. We've got a freaky steak ahead of us. Let's meet back here in less than a year. Rainbow Dash: Okay, girls, you heard her. The fate of Equestria is in our cakes.

I set out to actually challenge myself more for the mad lib. By only using words that trixie says during the episode. *Which was hard! She actually does not have many lines that don't repeat.* Unfortunately, she does not grace us with a unit of time, or a number greater than one. So I nabbed them from others during the episode.

Twilight Sparkle: Princess Celestia has given us this mission, and we must not fail. If we do, Equestria will be covered in Admirers for the next Twenty-five years.

Fluttershy: Uh-Oh!

Rarity: [humph] Talk about getting your beauty sleep.

Twilight Sparkle: All right, everypony, I need you to Watch Ponyvillians Certainly. We've got a Spectacular Hayseed ahead of us. Let's meet back here in less than a Jiffy.

Rainbow Dash: Okay, girls, you heard her. The fate of Equestria is in our Neigh-sayers.

• Like 1

I set out to actually challenge myself more for the mad lib. By only using words that trixie says during the episode. *Which was hard! She actually does not have many lines that don't repeat.* Unfortunately, she does not grace us with a unit of time, or a number greater than one. So I nabbed them from others during the episode.

That is wonderful! As Weesh likes to say "restrictions breed creativity". And the best restriction is one that is self imposed.

And to those that might wonder, certainly was the only -ly adverb she used the entire episode. It just fits really bad *laughs* But that's the fun of a mad lib right?

Also since it took about six playthroughs to actually listen to every line of text carefully. I had a interesting realization that the voice actor for Pinkie and Fluttershy, must have been sick that day. While they make a quick appearance during Trixie's proformance, neither has a line the entire episode! So many potential spots for a quick pinkie joke, but none happened!

That is wonderful! As Weesh likes to say "restrictions breed creativity". And the best restriction is one that is self imposed.

With so many restrictions already in nature, why add more? That's my opinion as an theater design student anyway. ;D

(Have a shrugging Trixie.)

413px-130781882956.png

Oh and if you ever need a new wagon, give me a call. I can pencil up some designs if you ever need a new one.

With so many restrictions already in nature, why add more? That's my opinion as an theater design student anyway. ;D

(Have a shrugging Trixie.)

Oh and if you ever need a new wagon, give me a call. I can pencil up some designs if you ever need a new one.

"Constraints are powerful stimulants to the creative process...they force us to think beyond conventional solutions and find answers we might not otherwise have discovered" - Roger von Oech

Also...yeeeessssss...Trixie could use another wagon. I've already replaced the one destroyed in my episode, but the new one has...(bump)...a rodent problem...(BUMP)...a severe rodent problem...(CRASH)...among other issues. Wait a moment. The great and powerful Trixie must take care of something...

"Constraints are powerful stimulants to the creative process...they force us to think beyond conventional solutions and find answers we might not otherwise have discovered" - Roger von Oech

Hmm, I don't need lessons on how to be more creative. I got plenty of creativity already. XD

But I'll say this: Any given art form is already full of restrictions based on the medium. I just don't find adding any further that stimulating. ^^

*leaves his card on the vacant spot formally taken by Trixie*

It has come to my attention that it might be beneficial for me to visit this thread :)

I've always wanted to meet the Great and Powerful Trixie after all, as well as meeting the gracious hosts of Summer of Pony '12!

• Like 2

It has come to my attention that it might be beneficial for me to visit this thread :)

I've always wanted to meet the Great and Powerful Trixie after all, as well as meeting the gracious hosts of Summer of Pony '12!

All admirers of Trixie are welcome here! But as has been said earlier, Trixie is the emcee of this event. Rosewind and Weesh are...on vacation.

All admirers of Trixie are welcome here! But as has been said earlier, Trixie is the emcee of this event. Rosewind and Weesh are...on vacation.

Of course, of course. What a wonderful wagon you have there! I'm sure you have all sorts of rare and magical artifacts inside. As you may or may not know, my magic isn't nearly as strong as the abilities my aunts wield. Since you are obviously a pony very skilled in the arcane arts, perhaps you have some sort of scroll or learning tool inside that I could take a look at, or possibly borrow? Becoming half as talented as you would be quite an achievement for me <3

Of course, of course. What a wonderful wagon you have there! I'm sure you have all sorts of rare and magical artifacts inside. As you may or may not know, my magic isn't nearly as strong as the abilities my aunts wield. Since you are obviously a pony very skilled in the arcane arts, perhaps you have some sort of scroll or learning tool inside that I could take a look at, or possibly borrow? Becoming half as talented as you would be quite an achievement for me <3

I am sure you are aware that a magician never reveals her secrets! However, I happen to have a magic wand right here. You are welcome to struggle at an examination of it, but it is doubtful that you can determine how it works.

I saw a message...

Said Weesh and Rosewind needed help or somethin-

....Oh hello there, Trixie :)

Nice to finally meet you.

And to meet you conor. But your worries are unjustified. I received some scrolls from Weesh as recently as yesterday evening, and as you can see, have posted them to the various topics around here. It seems that he is having a fine time in Las Pagasus, but still wants to stay connected to you all.

I am sure you are aware that a magician never reveals her secrets! However, I happen to have a magic wand right here. You are welcome to struggle at an examination of it, but it is doubtful that you can determine how it works.

Oh but see, even in my lacking powers I'm a little beyond magic wands. I'm not asking you to reveal your secrets of course, I'd simply like to bask in the radiance of such a talented magician's abode. If you like, in exchange I'll let you look at my crown while we're inside. It was crafted by some of the finest unicorn magics Canterlot has to offer, and I'm told it is brimming with enchantments. I've never managed to find them, but I'm sure a pony of your caliber would find them of interest!

A tempting offer to be sure, and it honors Trixie greatly. However, there are open tomes. And as I use my wagon as a laboratory, it is always a mess. Would not such a state be offensive and embarrassing to someone of your rank?

Of course not, I pride myself as a very approachable mare regardless of my station. After all, a messy workspace usually indicates a creative and active mind, doesn't it? I would think of it as less of a mess and more organized chaos. After all, the tomes likely wouldn't make sense to me at just a glance.

*Heard something, saw a flash of pink and green as the door was slammed*

...I'm getting a closer look at this...

*Creeps up to the wagon, presses his ear against the side*

...Somepony else is in there...

...*Crawls under the wagon, looks for a way in*

This folds out into a stage...there's got to be some sort of entrance down here...

*Keeps looking*