An Equestrian Emergency (Sign-Up Only)

IceStorm

(sorry it took a bit longer to get up than expected. Everyone whose signed-up feel free to post at their leisure.)

A large storm had just ripped through Canterlot. The palace itself had suffered a direct hit from the tornado that had touched down and Princess Luna and Princess Cadence both looked into the tattered throne room. Debris had been strewn everywhere and nothing could made apart from anything else. Fabric from the carpet had been woven through planks of woods like a needle and there were other various statues that were once in the shape of ponies, unicorns, and pegasi were now in crumbled heaps on the floor, and worst of all Princess Celestia hasn't shown up yet. "Cadence, Have you seen my sister at all? It's been almost an hour and we haven't even much as heard from her."

"Um... no, I was kind of hoping that you had heard something from her seeing as you live in the palace with her," Cadence replied.

"No, let me see if I can even sense her," Luna said activating her horn to see if she could detect the other Alicorn in the area. Luna was able to easily identify Cadences magical Aura as well as the magical auras of most of the other unicorns in Canterlot, but she knew her sister's aura and it was no where to be found. "She's.... She's not here..."

"What? How can she not be here?" Cadence shouted.

"I don't know... what's this?" Luna said picking up with her horn and folded piece of paper, the only thing in the room that wasn't destroyed.

If you want to see your Celestia again, unconditional surrender is you're only option.

Luna's heart about jumped out of her chest when she read the note. "Celestia's been.... she been... abducted.."

"WHAT!?"

"I don't know.. All the not says is surrender if we want to see Celestia again," Luna said using her magic to grab a black scroll, the scrolls that were only to be used if there was an absolute emergency, to write a letter to at this point, the most important group of ponies in Equestria.

Twilight Sparkle. The assistance of you and your friends is required in Canterlot as soon as possible. Bring the Elements of Harmony. HURRY!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snapshot hadn't seen a storm like this in ages! The sun filtered through the clouds in just the right way to shade the town in a yellowish hue. It created an almost ominous feel, and would be great lighting for some cloud shots. Snapshot took his camera out of its pouch, setting the shuttertime a bit longer than normal, to get a sense of motion in the pictures. Just as he was about to take the picture, Apple Bloom came bounding up, sliding to a stop only inches from his face. Her mane seemed almost orange in the yellow light, and could hardly sit still.

"Ohh, Ohh, take a picture of me, Mr. Camera Person!" Applebloom grinned, and opened her eyes wide in expectation.

"Didn't I take a picture of you just a few days ago?" Snapshot said to the pony, who was now rolling on the grass. He smiled to himself, amused at Applebloom's childlike nature.

"Yeah, but that was a few days ago, silly. I grew since then!" Applebloom said, standing up to her full hight. She was no taller than she was yesterday, but Snapshot just laughed again, before turning the camera to her face. Just as he took the picture, a great gust of wind swept by, almost knocking Applebloom over. Snapshot looked at the film, the long shuttertime made Applebloom a yellow blur on the picture because of how far the wind had pushed her.

"Well that was strange," Snapshot murmured to himself. "The tornado's still a ways away. The winds shouldn't be that strong for a while. I wonder what's going on?"

(OOC: Just so Everypony knows, this was a sign up RP I'll fix the title here in a bit. Everyone taht's posted in the RP is welcome to continue to post, but the all of the Mane 6 have users playing them. So Parrtheus, you will have to edit Twilight out of your post. She already has someone playing her. Also, I wasn't planning on letting humans into this RP as it's based off my fanfic, and I do not have humans in it. See An Equestrian Emergency OOC for details on the plot of the RP. Also please address any questions and concerns in the OOC thread please. You're more than welcome to use Partheus if you'd like, but if you could find a way to shift him to a Pony form, I'd appreciate it. Also, may take a couple more posts before the princesses actually get anywhere other than the palace. so if anypony wants to interact with them. they need to head in that direction.)

Luna and Cadence both looked back and forth to each other after the realization hit them both that Celestia had been kidnapped. "What did you do with her..." Cadence stated rudely with a hateful tone.

"What!?"

"I didn't stutter Luna! What did you do with her! You are the only pony remotely strong enough to make her disappear!"

"I didn't touch her! I would never touch her! I..."

"You banished her somewhere after you came back from being imprisoned on the moon for a thousand years!"

Luna collapsed on the ground shaken by the accusations her niece was making. She though she was responsible for the disappearance of Celestia. She actually thought that Luna would have it in her to do something to willingly hurt her own sister. "You're wrong. A lot more wrong than you know. I love Celestia more than anything, and she was the only thing I thought about for the entire time I was on the moon. Not to mention if it was me, then why would I leave a note asking for surrender Equestria when I am the next in line anyways?"

"That's exactly why. You're the next in line! so you never Surrender, make it look like someone else took her, and you get the throne. It's all WAY too convenient."

"IT WASN'T ME!!" Luna screamed putting her head under her wing to hide the hurt and frustration. No matter how hard I try, I can't break a way from the sins of my past. If only I could tell everypony the truth and they believe me. That would never happen though. My own niece hates me... therefore everypony must still hate me... Luna thought to herself as the tornado finally dissipated and left Canterlot. She could hear the panic in the streets and at this very moment. She was completely lost on what to do.

After the tornado, a group of colts were picked to go on a sweep of the area to find anything or anyone who might have been hurt by the storm. Snapshot was one of them. It was still dark out, and the worst was still to come.

As the ponies dispersed, Snapshot headed out to search on the outskirts of the Everfree Forest. He knew the area well, and stopped to take in its rugged beauty. The trees all stood at different heights, which was almost unheard of anywhere else in ponyville, due to the uniform regulations of weather and cultivation. Vines hung from the trees like streamers, and the erie welcome was a nice finishing touch to the wild scene. He didn't have long to take it all in though, as a groan to his left captured his full attention.

Lying in the grass was a pony he had never seen before. The orange pegasis looked rather hurt, and he checked to make sure that she was still breathing normally before picking her up and putting her over his shoulder. The pony groaned again, but then went back in her tense silence. Snapshot made the short hike to ponyville, and set her down in the town square, with the other injured.

OOC: Insanity, I did this off of the assumption that your avatar is the character you're using in the story. If I'm wrong, just send me the character app and I'll change the description to whatever fits.

(OOC: Big apologies for not responding earlier. Also, I'm just going to NPC Spike right now, just to get things rolling. However, if anypony wants to play as him after, feel free).

"That sure is a bad storm out there," Twilight remarked as she looked at the blackened storm covered sky from the rounded window of her tree house, "I didn't think that there was supposed to be a storm planned for today. Good thing I installed that lightning rod to protect the house. Maybe I'll talk to Rainbow Dash about it once the storm lets up."

Twilight then left the window and returned to the podium on which sat an open book. "Let's see. Where was I? Ah! There's where I left off!" The unicorn was about to begin reading the page when suddenly she heard the familiar fiery belch sound from her assistant, Spike.

"Spike? Was that a letter?" I wasn't expecting a letter from the princess today.Twilight became a little worried at the sudden letter.

The baby dragon walked in holding the scroll in his hand. From one look, Twilight saw that the scroll wasn't the traditional parchment color but black. Immediately a chill ran up her spine as she never received a scroll like that, not even when Discord appeared.

Without waiting, Twilight snatched the scroll from Spike's hand with her magic, almost taking the poor dragon with it had he not let go.

She then undid the seal and unfurrled the strange scroll. After scanning it she looked up from it with a look of sheer terror.

"What Twilight? What did it say," Spike said noticing the look on the unicorn's face.

"Something's happening in Canterlot. I have to get my friends and leave. Spike you're in charge. Just try not to destroy the place while I'm gone, ok?"

"Right," Spike said saluting smartly to her.

Twilight dashed upstairs and grabbed a saddlebag. She filled it with necessary items for an extended stay and, most importantly, the false book that contained the Elements of Harmony.

She then dashed back down the stairs and headed out into the storm. "Ok. I need to get me friends. Guess I'll start withe Applejack since she's the farthest away."

Twilight galloped as fast as she could until she reached Sweet Apple Acres. She hoped Applejack was there. Time was of the essence!

Fluttershy cringed as the faint sound of thunder filled the air. Angel, Elizabeak, Hummingway, and just about every other animal within a one mile radius was crammed inside her basement, none of them hurt, luckily. The basement was huge and well stocked -- Fluttershy was always prepared when the other Pegasus ponies made a storm, but this one was so wild and random that she barely had time to get everyone inside.

Angel, the troublemaker that he is (of course she would never call him that out loud, that would be rude), was twisting her right foreleg, trying to get her to go into her cottage and get him food. She wasn't budging with the storm still raging outside, no matter how much the formerly tiny voice in her head screamed to feed the animals.

"No, Angel!" She "yelled" at him to stop, suddenly feeling terrible. She enveloped the bunny in a hug and decided to get the food as punishment for raising her voice ((note: This is FLUTTERSHY, raising her voice is only talking at normal volume sternly, I just wanted to make that clear. Also, please let me know if you have a problem with the bright text)).

The wind would have thrown Fluttershy's small body back inside the basement, but Angel, the stubborn bunny that he was, shut the basement doors the moment her last hoof was outside. She was still thrown back, of course, but she ended up meeting wooden doors instead of the stone basement stairs below.

Now well aware of the wind's great force, Fluttershy managed to slowly but shurely ((Spelling)) make it to her cottage's front door and back, food in hoof.

Angel greeted the food and went to work eating as much of it as possible.

"Ma-Maybe that isn't such a good idea, Angel..." He only heard the first word; the rest was drowned out by the thunder. Fluttershy ran inside, slammed the doors, and eeped.

Cadence looked over to Luna. She didn't buy it. She knew Luna was strong enough to be capable of something like this, wasn't she? She made Celestia disappear when she came back from the moon for pony sake. She had to admit though, if it was Luna, she was making it look very good that it wasn't. She'd seen Luna upset about things like this several times before, but never to this extent. Inside, even Cadence had to admit to herself, this was a bit much even for Luna. She hung her head down and brushed it next to her aunts. "I'm sorry, you're right. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions like that. It does look suspicious with the timing and all, but honestly," she said looking around the room. "Whoever did this made a far bigger mess of the place than I think you're even capable of," Cadence said jokingly.

"You'd be surprised," she said with a smirk. "Though one thing that is odd. Look at everything in this room. The damage that is in this room is not consistent with that of a tornado. All the damage is going out towards the walls. If this was all just from a tornado, then from where it hit, all the damage should be over there!" she said pointing a hoof to the north side of the room. "But there is damage all around., and look at this window... All the windows are broken yes, but there is very little glass from this window inside. a majority of it continues outside in a straight line." Luna added looking up to see the dark mass of storm clouds sink over the peaks of the Eponnine Mountains. "Did you see that Cadence?"

"I did."

"Oh Twilight... where are you..."

"Red bottle?" Snapshot hadn't seen anything of the sort near the area. However, whatever it was, the orange pegasis seemed to want it pretty badly. "Maybe one last check wouldn't hurt." retracing his steps, he eventually found his way back to the outskirts of the everfree forest. Starting at the point he picked up the pegasis, he worked around in a circle, checking every rock and crevice he could find. After about an hour, he gave up. "It's gonna take more than just one pony to find this, whatever it is," he said to himself. "Time to find a bit of help."

Disrupted. The one word that describes what Rainbow Dash experienced. Spending her time doing her usual day to day activity of napping on the surface of the fluffiest cloud she could find. Unfortunately the loud crack of thunder tore Rainbow Dash from her realm of slumber and placed her straight back into reality. "Huh! What?!" Rainbow Dash spluttered and yelled as abruptly as she was awaken. In a state of confusion she looked around here to see all the dark clouds that had gathered and the now raging thunder storm. "HEY! It's not supposed to storm today!" She yelled as she glided off her cloud to put some distance between her and the dark clouds.

Angry and confused thoughts flew through the rainbow coloured pegasi as she made her way towards Ponyville.

'Why is it storming? GRR! This wasn't supposed to happen today, who's responsible?' The thoughts went through her head back and forth until she came upon a realisation.

"FLUTTERSHY!" Rainbow Dash yelled to herself. With that she stopped mid flight and took off in the opposite direction high-tailing it towards the edge of the Everfree Forest, the address of Fluttershy's cottage.

When Rainbow Dash had arrived she noticed amongst the chaos of the storm that all the woodland creatures were no where to be seen. 'Of course.. they must all be in Fluttershy's cottage' she thought. Rainbow Dash landed at the front of the cottage and somehow disregarded the chaos of the situation and landed with elegance and finesse before stroking her mane back and knocking loudly on the front door. "FLUTTERSHY! FLUTTERSHY WHERE ARE YOU?"

(Until AJ's spot gets filled, I'm going to fill her so we can move on.

Luna wasn't sure what was taking the six mares so long. perhaps twilight was having trouble finding everyone. This was very sudden, but as is the case with most emergencies. "We can't wait much longer, Gaurds! Arrange a chariot to Go to Ponyville at once to pick up twilight Sparkle and her friends. Use your fastest fliers possible. and Help get them together if they aren't." she ordered.

"Whoa nelly!" Applejack said walking out of the storm cellar. "That was sure somethin'. Ain't seen a Rogue storm like that in forever," she thought out loud to herself. She looked just past the gate of the farm to see that it hadn't been damages, and she was more surprised to see twilight running at full speed towards the farm. Applejack went up to the gate. "Whoa Nelly there sister, We're alright here," she said before noting the look of pure terror on her face and noticed the false book in her saddle back. "Uh... this has to with somethin' bigger than this, doesn't it..." she assumed. She may not have been all that into books, but she knew "that" book. it was the book that had the elements in it. She knew Twilight wouldn't have that book on her unless something big was happening.

Twilight Sparkle, in her haste to get to Sweet apple Acres, almost plowed into Applejack had she didn't quickly stop.

"Oh sorry Applejack I didn't see you there. Yeah, something's happening in Canterlot. I got a letter, not from Princess Celestia, but Princess Luna. Take a look."

She then produced out of her saddlebags the omnious blach scroll and held it in the air with her telekinesis so Applejack could read it.

"We need to find the others. I'm thinking we should head to Fluttershy's home next, then circling back into town to get Pinkie Pie and Rarity. We'll then need to get Rainbow Dash, so we might need Fluttershy for that."

(

(im going to be joining in when the mane six reach the castle ok?)

Yeah, that's fine, in the future though if you're just posting an OOC post, please use the OOC topic. Thanks.)

As Snapshot walked back into the town square, he immediately noticed something was amiss. Trying to locate the Orange pegasis, he wandered around the square, hoping to catch a glimpse of her. Unfortunately, he didn't see her anywhere.

Turning towards a couple of bystanders, he asked "Has anyone seen a pegasis around, about ye high, bright orange and knocked unconsious?" None of them have. About ready to give up, he leaned against a doorframe, resting his full bodyweight on the wood panel. No sooner had he gotten into position when Nurse Redheart motioned him inside.

"I couldn't help but overhear your conversation over there," She said to him. "I think I know which pony you're talking about. I took her in to treat her because her injurys were so bad." Leading him over to another door, she pointed through the window. "Is that her?"

There, the orange pony sat on the side of a hospital bed. The lights were off, probably in order to help her fall asleep, which didn't seem to work. "That would be her," Snapshot replied. "May I talk with her?"

"Only for a while. She needs her rest."

"Okay then, thank you." Snapshot opened the door, and stepped into the room.

Applejack watched as Twilight pulled the black parchment from her saddlebag and it already made her feel uneasy. When she mentioned it was from Luna and not Celestia, it made her even more so. Twilight opened it. "Twilight Sparkle. The assistance of you and your friends is required in Canterlot as soon as possible. Bring the Elements of Harmony. HURRY!!". "If Luna's the one sendin' the messages then there's got to be something wrong," she observed hearing Twilight mention they should go get Fluttershy next. "I'm right behind ya sugarcube! Let's go" she said bolting towards Fluttershy's.

Twilight headed towards the edge of the Everfree Forest where Fluttershy lived. It was the next closest place to Applejacks, so it would be easy to get to. As she approached with Applejack close behind, she noticed that Rainbow Dash was also there, pounding on the door of the cottage.

"Rainbow Dash, is Fluttershy home? We've got trouble, and not just the storm. We need you and Fluttershy to come with us right away. I need to get Rarity and Pinkie Pie too."

After excessive knocking on the door with no answer, the young mare began to worry until Twilight and Applejack approached her from out of the blue. "Twilight! Applejack!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed. Listening for a moment to what Twilight said before answering "I have no idea Twilight! I only just got here after this.. STORM woke me up from my nap!"

With that said Rainbow's eyes darted left and right before she spoke again to Twilight and Applejack "Are you two alright? What's going on here? I know there was no scheduled weather for today! What gives?!" For a moment Rainbow waited before spotting a black scroll sticking out of Twilight's saddlebag, before motioning to it she said

"A black scroll? What's going on here Twilight?" with that Rainbow hovered above the ground closer to the pair of ponies.

((OOC: My pony's not white, lol. That's just a line drawing.))

Walking over to the side of the bed, Snapshot searched around for some sort of light source less bright than the overhead. Resting his hand on a small reading lamp, he flipped the switch and a dull yellow glow filled the room. Even this smaller light made the orange pony squint, and shield her eyes with her hoof. Sitting down next to her, he decided to get straight to the point. "I didn't find your bag, or your container," he said. "Once you're better, you might be able to help me look, but that'll take a while." Realizing that he forgot to introduce himself, he held out a hoof to her. "I'm Snapshot, by the way."