W&D S01EP23 - The Cutie Mark Chronicles

Tam

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen, I love RD. But I think they overdid it a bit. Eh.

BABY BIG MACINTOSH.

Does Twilight's father has the same Cutie Mark as....Trixie?

Also, they reused the song from the Swarm of the Century episode for Pinkie Pie's party.

Hey, I thought Rainbow Dash was the first in her class to get her Cutie Mark....she mentioned it in Call of the Cutie. But one of the guy ponies she races already has his, three basketballs.

OMGSOCUTE

Scootaloo revving up her wings and them going VRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

SO CUTE

*is watching*

OH GOD I'M GETTING CAVITIES JUST WATCHING IT

Rainbow Dash's lil squeaky voice HNNNG

My god, Rainbow Dash helped EVERYONE in the main cast get their cutie mark! And I never expected that kind of start for Pinkie! A rock farm?! Pinkie with straight hair?! They really did a great job with making up their backstories.

AND BABY SPIKE SO CUTE

hi hi

There was definitely some cheesiness involved, and indeed they did hang the lampshade regarding it. However, it is true that common ground and by extension, common experiences are one of those things that helps making friends easy. In spite of whatever difference you might have, if you have something in common, it is possible to get along with anypony.

I had to pause the show and go do something else for a bit when Applejack was at the dinner party... so embarressing. :oops:

I liked filly fluttershy, I think her awkward proportions were perfect for somepony who was supposed to be kind of clumsy anyway. So many kids ought to be able to relate to a time in their life when they didn't quite fit in with everypony else, just part of growing up really. All you haters out there must have never been the unpopular kid who got made fun of because they looked different. :P

I liked pinkie pie's straight hair too, but I get the feeling that she was embellishing her story a little bit, especially the "and that's how Equestria was made," bit.

Did anyone else get at Space Odyssey 2001 vibe when Rarity was face to face with the big dumb rock?

Also: The Summer Sun Celebration, when Princess Celestia raised the sun, I was in total awe. I thought that bit was incredibly epic. (then they followed it up with a cute studying filly Twilight, too good!)

I also liked how they're giving each of the cutie mark crusaders a more unique character.

*SPOILERS!*

MANEHATTAN, lol!

Dear FSM...little Applejack is the most adorable foal ever! Look at all them freckles! Even back then she lived with granny, makes you wonder what happened to her folks.

Daww, young colt Big Mac

Little Rarity's expression as she was being dragged by her horn's magic.

Poor Fluttershy, so gangly and awkward as a foal. I liked the design they did for her, it was different.

Twilight's parents revealed! Wait does Twlight's dad have a cutie mark like Trixie's..and similar colors? :)

The birth of Spike, Twilight is a mid-wife! :P

Pinky has a very...weird family (rock farming?), also DAT SMILE while watching the rainbow, lol.

BFF GROUP HUG!

I dunno, really did like how much was revealed here. We got to see twilight's and Pinky's family, how Twilight got to be Celestia's student and how Spike was connected to her. I am not sure if I liked how everything was tied to Rainbow Dash's first moment of glory myself but other than that it was really well done. My only other complaint is it didn't mover the CMC anywhere in character development other than confirming the fandom's suspicions about Scoot being a Dash fangirl.

Expect a lot of new fandom art and stories (and RP).

My first impression: HNNNNNNG

My thoughts on this, after giving it some thought--and a couple of viewings: HNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

SO ADORABLE! I loved this, so much! This is definitely above Celestia Tier. =D

Filly Applejack was so cute. And Lil' Macintosh. D'AWWWW. When AJ forlornly says "Cockle doodle doo", it made me want to hug her. I LOVED the little freckles across her face. SO CUTE.

I LOVED filly Fluttershy! She was just so adorable! (And I've also seen actual young horses and ponies--the can be quite gangly!) I think it just adds her her clumsiness. She was already freaking adorable...then she starts SINGING. HNNNNNNG

Filly Rarity was just cute. I love how she looked SO UNIMPRESSED while her horn was dragging her across the landscape. Her little temper tantrum was just...heehee! SO cute.

And Twilight as a filly. OMG. I loved this, SO MUCH. So freaking epic. Even as a filly it's a great example of how extremely potent Twilight's magic is. And I LOVE HER EXPRESSIONS. Twilight bouncing for joy was just...HNNNNNG

I did not expect Pinkie Pie's story at all. I love how she ends it with:

PINKIE PIE: "...and that's how Equestria was made!"

SCOOTALOO: "...wha-huh?"

APPLE BLOOM: "Look! We're here!"

PINKIE PIE: "Maybe on the way home I can tell you the story about my Cutie Mark!"

Oh Pinkie. You are so random!

Rainbow Dash's story was really cool! I just loved her face after she made a Sonic Rainboom. :P

GROUP HUGS!

About the moral: it's true! It's funny how much of a connection you can make with future friends. Seemingly disparate experiences can overlap in really unexpected and amazing ways! =)

Just got done watching the episode myself. Very epic and also very interesting in terms of a plot. :P

Some things I definitely liked include filly Applejack, the comical nature of Rarity's journey, and Rainbow Dash's epic contribution to everything. On the down-side, though I felt that filly Fluttershy looked almost anorexic with how thin her legs and body were and Twilight's story – before we saw an explanation – looked a little overly dramatic.

On the other hand, this is also the first episode that I can think of that we got to see some of the ponies' parents. Twilight's parents were pretty neat and I got a chuckle out of the Amish feel for Pinkie Pie's family.

Eeeee, I'd been waiting for this ep all week and it didn't disappoint! Omg Applejack and her Manehattan ~coiffure~. If Rarity saw Applejack with her hair like that, she would be so thrilled that she'd die.

Filly Fluttershy looked like she was maybe in some awkward teenage phase, poor thing.

Absolute favorite bits (SPOILERS, obviously):

- Scootaloo complaining about their 'namby pamby' cutie mark stories. Pffft. Namby pamby.

- Twilight bouncing and YESSSSing.

- PINKIE'S STORY. Seriously. Rock farming. She probably changes her story every time someone asks.

- Dash's faaaace. It doesn't matter which one. All of them.

Rock Farming

aaaannnd

"Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns"

Had me cracking up. XD

But only gifted UNICORNS. No other ponies are special enough.

Well, it seemed like it was for magic, so...no other ponies would really have much to do in there. The Earth Pony curriculum would be something like "sit and watch" if they were allowed in.