Solar Wind [Final]

Rp Type: World of Equestria

Name: Solar Wind

Sex: Female

Species: Pegasus

Eye Color: Dusty yellow (Hex Code C9BF00)

Coat Color: Sunset Orange (Hex Code C47E14)

Mane/Tail/Markings Color and Style: Both are Brick red, kept long but a little wild. (Hex Code CC2D2D)

Physique: Solar Wind is built to be lean and a little athletic. Shes also a bit on the short side

Cutie Mark: Two wings open infront of a shield

Origin/Residence: Canterlot, born and raised.

Motivation: To push herself like her sister, to be a better pony

Likes: Lazy flights, the feel of wind, good hard practice, a worthy challenge, doing the 'right thing', bubble gum, new adventures

Dislikes: Brown-nosing, unworthy gain, being stuck with nothing to do, really large birds, violent storms, too much clothing

Character Summary: Solar wind is the second child in a family of three, the first of two pegasi, and daughter to a Unicorn and Pegasus couple living in Canterlot. Their father and mother were both Guards working around various parts of the city - Her father, a pegasus named Sunny Skies kept the citizenry of Outer Canterlot safe, her mother, a Unicorn named Starlight, worked as part of the Celestial guard. Solar Wind didn't see much of her mother, as being on the Celestial guard took most of her time, so she grew up mainly in the company of her older sister and her father.

Solar Wind loved her family greatly, but took the most shining to her sister, Sunbeam. Sunbeam was dedicated to follow in her parents hoofsteps and be a guard, and Solar Wind in her hoofsteps to be like her sister. The two were always quite the pair growing up, but while Sunbeam cut a silent, resolute figure, Solar Wind was always bouncy, curious, and playful. The two got along rather well, and were for the most part inseperable, never one going anyplace without the other. Even as the years whent by and Solar took her place in the sky with the other Pegasi, her best times were with all hooves on the ground enjoying the time with her calmer half.

She spent her fillyhood in Canterlot with her family, preferring that to the clouded arches of Cloudsdale. In an effort to mimic her sisters efforts and simutaneously impress her, Solar Wind tried to play a vigilante protector... Of her schoolyard. She wasn't very good at protecting as she was at getting into fights, which Sunbeam usually came to rescue her from (To both the young fillies releif and dismay). This didn't bode well with the school or her parents, even her older sister seemed to frown on her activities, leaving Solar Wind dejected. After a particularly nasty bout and a harsh scolding from her mother, Sunbeam, trying to cheer her little sister up, offered to take her out for a treat at the iced treats shop. Solar Wind gloomily agreed, and spent most of the trip with a cloud over her head, despite Sunbeam's attempts to cheer her up. Once there, Sunbeam told her sister to wait outside, it would only be a moment. While waiting for her sister to return, she could hear some shouting from around the corner of a nearby street. Curiosity got the better of her, and she went to investigate, only to find three little ponies egging on a little blue colt - Who was tettering precariously on a rooftop ,trying to recover their disk toy that had been lodged up there. He looked absolutely terrified, his shaking knee's doing nothing for his balance.. And, as she watched, he slipped and began to fall. Without thinking she flew as fast as she could, dashing to the end of the street. She wasn't fast enough to catch him, but she managed to get there just in time to throw herself under the colt to break his fall.

She was knocked half-concious from the ordeal, and her wing was pretty banged up. She didn't remember how she got to the Cantrelot Hospital, but she awoke to loving embrace of her very worried sister and the relieved looks of both her father and her mother - Who was given leave to see her. She tried to tell them what happened, but they explained they had already heard it all from a rather nice and very apologetic young colt, who was doing fine thanks to her bravery. Sunbeam went on to tearfully relate that she had left the treat shop just in time to see the fall, getting help as fast as she could. The two spent the rest of the afternoon refusing to let the other go, turning the whole affair into a caring family moment, all the way until visitors hours were over. Solar Wind had to spend one full night in the hospital recovering, and couldn't flutter again for at least a week, but she would be free to go after a single eve. As her mother and father filed out, Solar Wind held Sunbeam back and admitted to her she was scared to spend the night alone. Sunbeam smiled, giving her sister another hug and telling her she was the bravest pony she had ever known, and she was going to be ok. Before she left, she turned back with a smile to add that, besides, a filly with a cutie mark like that was destined to be fine for a night, by Celestia herself. Solar Wind nearly sprained her wing twisting to get a look. Sure enough, there was a mark emblazoned on her flank - Two wings infront of a shield. She had never been so proud.

Solar Wind is an outgoing and helpful pony, usually found in a bright and curious mood. She grew more independent and adventerous as she got older, giving her nature a brashness to it, but her heart is usually in the right place. She's a bit lazy and doesn't like to patricipate in Weather Duty, or other 'little responsibilities', usually found shirking such things to explore some old street of play a game with other ponies. Though her hooves might be on the ground, her head has a tendency to stray to the clouds, and she's and avid daydreamer. She loves flying and gliding, usually found hovering from place to place at leisure, but shy's away from hard-pressed flight unless theres some challenge of note. Pride might be a touch of an issue with Solar Wind - She's not so foalhardy to fly into any little goad or bet, but she finds it difficult to back away from competitions and contests, like the Best Young Fliers Competition and the Running of the Leaves. This in mind, she tend's to chafe much faster when her family is target for insult, Sunbeam in particular. She lives in Canterlot in her old home still, acting as a Weather Pony until she can get into the Skyguard Academy, but ever since her sister left Canterlot - and what Solar Wind was sure her dreams of being a Celestial Guard - behind, the city has been slowly grating on her, and her thoughts on what she wants for her future have become less and less clear.

(( Sincere apologies for the enormous text wall. Please feel free to point out any and all flaws - Im new to the whole Friendship is Magic universe, and any help is greatly appreciated. EDIT: Fathers name changed and minor spelling corrections. ))

post-3602-0-30588500-1337240381_thumb.jp

Hiya! :)

Your pony is adorable, I love the neutral colors, her personality, and her love for her older sister. How sweet :3

The name of the father is very interesting, considering there was a very popular g3 pony named Sunny Daze. She has been remade into a g4 toy, but it didn't sell well. You might want to consider changing that.

She spent her fillyhood in Canterlot with her family, preferring that to the clouded arches of Cloudsdale.

How much time did she actually spend in Cloudsdale? How did she know that she preferred it so strongly.

For such an independent pony, she seems awfully dependent on her sister. There seems to be a lot of contradiction there.

I really like your character! :) Good luck with this one.

Thank you! Feedback is highly appreciated ^^

I was unaware there was a Gen 3 pony named Sunny Daze... I didn't even have her parents names planned out until I sat down to write this. I'll think about a better name that's less likely to be confused.

Maybe I should take the Cloudsdale line out. The thing was, as the first Pegasus child, she was offered to go to boarding school in Cloudsdale. It wasn't about actually being there ant not liking it - She never went. She didn't want to leave Canterlot. Despite her vies for independence and her forward and free spirit, she's very connected to her family. Its somewhat contradictory, but its how she feels.

Certainly hope thins go well, I like this character too. Thank you again for the comment!

You tend not to get much feedback until it becomes final. Then that's when people decide to post and you have to make all the changes you could've done while it was a WiP. As annoying as it is, that seems to be the way the system works.

I'm obliged to try! Call it some crazy compulsion, but I want - No, require - everything to work right and that takes varying degrees of patience. I shall wait.

...And eventually shamelessly ask people to give it a twice over. Eventually.

Well, I personally won't critique an Application (when I find the time to go through apps) until it is marked [Final]. [WIP] means Work In Progress, and that you are still working on the character. Something that I might suggest changing, editing, or adding could be something you were already planning to work on. When an Application is [Final], I know that you've done everything you plan to on the character thus far.