Mafia Round 1: Game Thread

***All roles were randomly selected***

Google docs link for player votes. Alternate spreadsheet format.

Rules:

- Voting will be based on a majority system. A player must receive over 50% of the votes in order to be arrested and placed in jail (ie: with 10 votes, at least 6 are needed for an arrest). Any non votes are excluded from the total (ie: with 9 players, 2 who have not voted, 4 votes are needed for an arrest, out of 7 total votes). You are allowed to vote No Arrest if you do not wish to arrest any player; this does count towards the vote total.

- A 24 hour time limit will be set if at least 50% of the players vote for one, effective immediately after the necessary votes have been cast.

- When voting, please do the following.

To vote, please begin a new line and bold the text. Type vote, followed by the player you are voting for. Ex:

Vote: Player_Name

To change your vote, please unvote first, then cast a new vote. Ex:

Unvote: Player_1

Vote: Player_2

This is just to make things easier for me.

- Do NOT post anything from your role PM. You are allowed to roleclaim, but do not copy/paste anything from your role PM.

- Do NOT talk about the game outside of this thread, unless your role specifies otherwise (ie: Changelings).

- Do NOT post in this thread once the Night phase begins. You may resume posting after the next Day phase begins.

- Do NOT post in this thread if you have been arrested or captured (removed from the game) until after the game has ended.

- Do NOT edit your posts. You may edit by way of post (EBWOP), by posting after the post you wish to edit and making any changes. You may not click on the edit button to change anything in a post you have already made.

- Please send me a message or post in the thread if you have any questions.

- Have fun! Remember, it's a game. Just try your best, be active, and have a great time!

Other:

I will be the moderator for this game. This is a mostly vanilla mafia game with only two factions in order to keep things as simple as possible for any first time players. Hopefully, future games can expand to include more roles/factions for more fun! Please note that no roles are confirmed beyond mafia (Changelings) and vanilla townies (ponies).

Roles of arrested/captured players will be revealed at the start of each day.

The Night phase only begins after an arrest (or decision to not arrest).

You have 24 hours to send in any Night actions. After 24 hours, they will be randomly decided for you.

Players may only discuss the game in this thread during the Day phase. Roles that specify otherwise, such as Changelings, may only discuss the game outside of this thread during the Night phase.

This is a model for the vanilla townie PM (quoting PMs is still not allowed for anyone; this is just a precaution):

Pro-Town Pony (Vanilla Townie)

Welcome, [Player]! You are a simple pony, living in Ponyville. You don't know much about this nasty Changeling rumor, but it sure sounds serious. It might be a good idea to head out into town and see what your fellow townsponies are saying.

Abilities:

- You may vote during each Day Phase. Your vote is worth one count towards the total.

Victory:

- You win when all Changelings have been arrested and put in jail.

I will start sending out role PMs now. Please do not post in this thread until I post "Day 1 start."

• Like 1

I sent out all PMs. If you didn't receive your's, let me know and I'll fix that. :D

As the sun dawns over the small town of Ponyville, a loud bell begins to chime. The citizens emerge from their homes, confused, and make their way to the town center, where the mayor stands ready to make a very important announcement.

~~~

The mayor waited patiently until all of the ponies had arrived. She looked out at her fellow ponies and began to speak. “Is everypony here? I have urgent news! Last night, one of our very own was ponynapped right out of her home! The culprit was captured, but not before our dear friend vanished into the night. The culprit was found to be a Changeling, and he no doubt has allies nearby. We must not allow these horrible creatures to take our town!”

The citizens of Ponyville were stunned. A Changeling? In Ponyville? Preposterous! The crowd began to whisper to each other, but one voice rose above the rest. “Mayor? Who was captured? Who did they take?”

The mayor paused, and waited for everypony to quiet down. “They took.... Derpy Hooves.”

Day 1 Start!

Please... I dislike all this internal conflict. Paranoia is what the changeling wants as it impairs our ability to work together and discover the changeling!