I am EXTREMELY Angry...

Thoth

Wow, Starswirl, I sure feel one-upped. ;)

Luckily, you're a few years older than me; I have time to catch up.

... Time to catch up... I feel awkward saying this in public, but I want to make sure this point isn't lost: I just found a perfect role-model (no pressure). Being in this community, I happened on someone who's on a very similar path as myself, just farther along, and quite successful.

Not everyone has someone to look up to. More people need heros. Real heros, not just sports figures or famous actors. I can't speak for everyone else, but I've found all the support and inspiration I've ever needed from this community. Thank you, everyone.

My Message to Thoth's parents- by SilverThorn :)

Ok, cheesy anecdotes aside, I was also skeptical about My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic at first, but a friend of mine (20) told me about it. He and I both enjoy cartoons, and I knew I could trust his judgement. I watched the first episode and ended up watching all of season 1 in a marathon. I couldn't stop. The animation is great, the voice acting is simply phenomenal, and the messages are amazing. I do admit to seeing things that our community has made that are inappropriate for children, but keep in mind that there are many innocent things that people have corrupted. I have seen Scooby Doo, The Jetsons, The Smurfs, The Flintstones, and many more great cartoons altered by more explicitly-minded people, yet they are never the majority. Some people just have a need to change innocent things into not so innocent things. It is their business, and as long as they take proper precautions, I say let them do it. We can't censor something because it doesn't fit our standards. Yet like I said, they are in the majority and their work is usually hidden unless you're looking for it. Also I have NEVER once been afraid of the younger members of this site being in any kind of danger from older community members. The staff here are all professional and good at what they do. I personally have used the term "rape face" as a joke referring to a creepy mask and I got reprimanded quickly, yet courteously. Tales reminded me that it is an inappropriate term, and that it wasn't G-rated. I have also made amazing friends here, and have never had a disagreement with anyone. That is VERY rare on the internet where people usually feel free to spout insults, and belittle others. We are a very loving and accepting community. We watch out for each other (as I'm sure you can see from the many many replies in support of Thoth) and we care. Please allow Thoth to be a member of our community. We are not bad, and we always watch out for other members of our herd.

Thanks for your time, and I hope I made some sense. It's a little bit past my bed time ^.^" ~SilverThorn

Dear Thoth's family,

I understand where you're coming from. Your just worried for your child and want to help in any way that you can, I get that. However, I know that forbidding Thoth from this community is a terriable mistake. I know that your worried about the more...uncomfotable side of the fandom, but like several of the people who have responded before me have said I have to repeat again that that single part of the fandom is very small when pompared to all of the creativity, understanding and kindness that is constantly flowing in the rest of the fandom. I have no doubt that the size of pedophilia part of this fandom is like a tiny, microscopic dot sized stain on a drop dead gorgous designer dress.

If my words don't convince you, then maybe the words of other fellow bronies will change your minds.

This is a video of SaberSpark's Ballad of the Brony video. He did a massive look at the entire history of the series and the fandom surrounding it. What may be the most important thing about this video for you is that this video was made for his Study of Deviance Course. His main point through out the whole video is to investigate the deviant nature of Bronies, why people think it's deviant, if it really is deviant or not, and how much it has effected people.

The next links are to video's that are made by a person who calls himself CR. CR is an internet reviewer of cartoons that are both old and new, usually doing look backs at old background characters. He did a retrospective of My Little Pony, looking at all of the entries in the My Little Pony series and does more of a play by play style with his videos. He also goes more indepth to the details behind the making of Friendship is Magic and why it's so well loved He mixes humor with his informative videos, but he curses once in a while, so I wanted to warn you in advance in case you have senative ears.I mainly wanted to show you this so that you could get a second opinion on the series as a whole and its fanbase. I was unable to find the whole thing in one video, so I'll post all of the parts here.

Part 1

http://thatguywithth...spective-part-1

Part 2

http://thatguywithth...etrospective-g4

These links will provide to you several examples of accomplishments that the brony communty has made or events related to the communtiy. These links don't list everything that our fandom has done, but it's still a large list and it'll have to do. I'll divide the accomplishments into different sections in order for it to be easier to organzie.

Heartwarming: http://tvtropes.org/...iendshipIsMagic (under miscellaneous) and

http://tvtropes.org/...IsMagicNonCanon (general fanwork)

Awesome: http://tvtropes.org/...iendshipIsMagic (under miscellaneous),http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/AwesomeMusic/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagicNonCanon (fan music), and http://tvtropes.org/...IsMagicNonCanon (general fan work)

Funny: http://tvtropes.org/...IsMagicNonCanon (general fan work)

Sadness: http://tvtropes.org/...IsMagicNonCanon (general fan work)

There are also countless blogs that artist and writer fans make that are called Ask a Pony. These are tumblr accounts that fans make for their original characters or different interpretations of characters from the show that answer questions asked by people from online. Here's a comprehensive list of every single Ask a Pony blog ever made so far. https://docs.google....zIWc/edit?pli=1

If this isn't enough for you then you can see a a list of the more well known fan works that people created for My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic: http://tvtropes.org/...IsMagicNonCanon

If you require more concrete, scientific evidence to make up your mind about what kind of people reside in this community, then I would strongly urge you to please check out this link. http://www.scribd.co...rony-Subculture

This is the most recent survey that has been taken so far of the brony subculture, having 3,751 bronies take part in answering the survey questions.

I hope that this has helped you to better understand who bronies are, what we do, and how kind we can be. I hope that no matter what happens you guys and Thoth can get a happy ending.

-AutumnBreeze

• Like 1

Dear Thoth's family

I respect your skepticism and zeal to protect your son from something you fear to be harmful. It's a parent's sworn duty to their child to keep them safe and nurtured until they're able to leave the nest and make the best of their own lives.

But I ask you, before you place your stamp of disapproval you consider not only what your son has found his interest in... but why he is interested in it to begin with.

As for myself...

Our fandom is unique and overtly strange, I can not deny that. Before actually watching the show for myself I was convinced Bronies were a bunch of crazed basement dwelling furry neckberads (no offense to you folks with neck hair). Having grown up in the 90s and so on I, like my peers have been spoon fed the cynicism, comedic racism, and down right slanderous nature of our modern media. It's gotten to the point where news networks are doing more name calling then actual reporting... and it had it's effect on me. I used to be a pretty cynical jerk with no real goal in life and a disdain for my fellow man. I'd tell people off, laugh at strangers less fortunate than me, and was unmotivated to do anything with my life.

The purely positive attitude the show projects sucked the modern venom right out of me, and I've learned a bit from each character.

Pinkie Pie reminded me that there's always something to smile about.

Rarity taught me that offering aid to others helps not just them, but everyone around you.

Applejack showed me that you can take pride in your work, and that it pays to commit.

Rainbow Dash is a constant reminder that giving up is not an option, and taking naps once in a while really helps the metabolism.

Fluttershy softened my tongue and helped me become much more civil and soft spoken, and I've made a lot more friends outside the fandom because of it.

And Twilight Sparkle gave me the motivation I needed to buckle down and pursue a goal in life, instead of just list through it.

Now I'm in trade school to be a massage therapist, from there I'll be moving on to get training in physical therapy and EMT training so I can have a versatile career field in helping others. I've donated to charity (something I've NEVER done before) and I've taken up a childhood passion of mine: drawing. I'm still pretty much a novice, but I'm dedicated and I draw for both my own enjoyment and for the enjoyment of others.

So label me how you will, I'll think no less of you for your decision. You're just protecting your son, after all. I just hope that your heart and mind are open enough to hear our rally for a stranger... a friend... a brother.

Yours Truely

~Kryptchild

Wow, Starswirl, I sure feel one-upped. ;-)

Luckily, you're a few years older than me; I have time to catch up.

... Time to catch up... I feel awkward saying this in public, but I want to make sure this point isn't lost: I just found a perfect role-model (no pressure). Being in this community, I happened on someone who's on a very similar path as myself, just farther along, and quite successful.

Not everyone has someone to look up to. More people need heros. Real heros, not just sports figures or famous actors. I can't speak for everyone else, but I've found all the support and inspiration I've ever needed from this community. Thank you, everyone.

Oh dear, I'm sorry. I guess we started typing at around the same time and had the same idea..., Great minds think alike I suppose :P. But yeah... not my intent to one up you in any way. And though all that I have done seems great, I also left out any road bumps I may have hit which there were more than a few. So as great as all of that sounds it wasn't all rainbows and sunshine. I've made mistakes and have been set back multiple times, including a nasty bout with depression. It was martial arts that kept me going. Between my friends and my students, I always had somewhere to release and motivation to trudge on.

And if you feel that I'm good enough in my limited success to look up to, then I'm deeply honored, and hope I can live up to your expectations, however I know that the real challenge is after my graduation. I must find a place to get an entry level lab position that will allow me some upward movement and perhaps pay for grad school. Though I know I won't fail. I won't allow myself to fail, I owe it to my late friend and late father to succeed and become a total success and accomplish my goals. And unlike some people, I know I'm no where near them, and there in lies the possibility of success. I'm not even considering failure as a viable option. I'll be in at least a medical DNA lab at the very least by summer's end, I'm determined!

There's so many wonderful responses here, straight from the heart. Your response in particular blew me away, Swirly. I think we've not only assisted Thoth with showing his family what a great community we are, but we've learned a lot about each other in the process.

I greatly approve of this!

• Like 1

wow I say I am surprised at the support you give Thoth, honestly not in the way that I didn't expect it from ya'll it just never stops suprising me that this fandom is so friendly, yet others who require no naming just would end up in a flame war.

sorry I couldn't be of any assistance, Thoth if I'm bad at anything, its explaining things.

also I'd give ya'll hugs and a thumps up, but I'm lazy ;P

Alright, so..........

...it turned out better than I could have expected! :D

They were extremely understanding, and it wasn't much of confrontational as it was just a talk. You see, they just wanted to be sure I knew what I was doing, and to be clarified on the subject. Facebook, Bronies, etc.

I'm SO happy they understood, I'm VERY happy that I'll be able to go to Bronycon in June/July, and...

...man, I'm so happy to be a part of a fandom like this. I can't thank all you guys in enough shares to justify this situation. I've never seen a fandom so caring for a small, tiny bit of the community. I mean, it takes a lot for one person to be supported by the masses. The way you guys pulled through...I couldn't believe it. You certainly have proven to me (And my mother as well) that this fandom is full of awesome, awesome people.

I can't thank you guys enough. You've been so caring, so supportive...and I just can't tell you how incredible this has been. It's certainly proved to me that this fandom I've chosen to be a part of is truly incredible.

I can say with 100% certainty that you guys are the best fandom that currently thrives. The talent, the compassion and caring for fellow fans...it's just incredible, and you guys have proven it to me here.

Thank you SO MUCH guys. It means so much...Thank you, thank you, thank you....

815px-Pinkie_Pie_derpy_face_S1E03.png

• Like 6