Ratchet [final]

DarkAI

[colour=#222222]Roleplay Type: [/colour][colour=#222222]World of Equestria[/colour]

[colour=#222222]Name: [/colour][colour=#222222]Ratchet (8-Bit)[/colour]

[colour=#222222]Sex: [/colour][colour=#222222]Male[/colour]

[colour=#222222]Age: [/colour][colour=#222222]Stallion[/colour]

[colour=#222222]Species: [/colour][colour=#222222]Unicorn[/colour]

[colour=#222222]Eye colour: [/colour][colour=#222222]teal blue[/colour]

[colour=#222222]Coat colour: [/colour][colour=#222222]white[/colour]

[colour=#222222]Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style: [/colour][colour=#222222]A dark brown tail and mane in an almost bed-head style. He never takes much time to fix his mane, letting it stay however it fell that morning.[/colour]

[colour=#222222]Physique: [/colour][colour=#222222]A bit taller than the average pony but otherwise a normal build. [/colour]

[colour=#222222]Cutie Mark: [/colour][colour=#222222]A Vacuum tube[/colour]

post-3738-0-29228900-1338505245_thumb.jp

[colour=#222222]Origin/Residence: [/colour][colour=#222222]Often travels for his clients[/colour][colour=#222222], but has an apartment in Canterlot.[/colour]

[colour=#222222]Occupation: [/colour][colour=#222222]Repair Pony, Royal guard [/colour]initiate

[colour=#222222]Motivation: [/colour][colour=#222222]He is always refining his methods and doing everything he can to help everypony and hold true to carpe diem,he is also Extreamly loyal to the royal family and the conviction and pride in Equestria[/colour]

[colour=#222222]Likes: [/colour][colour=#222222]Technology and researching as well as meeting new ponies and crafting meaningful relationships. He also loves to tinkering with random projects and ideas in his spare time.[/colour]

[colour=#222222]Dislikes: [/colour]

[colour=#222222]Character Summary:[/colour]

"Well I guess the best summary would come in turn from explaining about the day my cutie mark found me. It was years ago when I was just a little colt. Father was out on another one of his business trips. For the life of we I don't remember what work he did; he would never talk about it but he went off to Canterlot Castle a lot. My mother happened to be out for the day to do some shopping leaving me alone without a foalsitter for the first time. They had decided I was old enough, though I still could not leave the house if they weren't around. Naturally I grew bored, so I went into my father's office and turned on the radio. Being a curious little colt, I began rummaging through the papers on my father's desk. I must have pushed the piles too far for I heard a crash and the music suddenly stopped playing. My first reaction was to freak out, and then I started crying a bit as I thought of how mad my father would be when he came home. Then I was struck with an idea. Like most foals who break something of their parents', I thought I could fix it. I spent hours trying and failed many times to make it work. Still, it looked no worse which, looking back, was a huge accomplishment. It was getting late and my mother would be home soon. I started to panic, working more frantically. After still more failures, my head flopped onto the table in defeat. my horn brushing against the pile of rubble that was the radio. Suddenly, like a lightning strike, I had an idea. My magic seemed to move on its own, fitting the pieces together like a puzzle. In a few short minutes, I had a working radio on the table before me. Felling confident, I decided to try something else. I removed the back panel and fiddled with the mechanics and managed to improve the reception significantly. My parents came home to find me laying on the floor with a few books and instruction manuals laying around me and my Cutie Mark on my flank. In the years that passed And I started better understanding the world around me I developed a Admiration for the Royal guard and all they did Eventually with a bit of convincing and mane pulling I joined the Royal guard along with a Friend of mine

Parents: Well of what I haven't already said is that my father is a Pegasus, and my mother is an Earth Pony. How a Unicorn came out of that, well, we're all still wondering.

History: I come from a fairly wealthy family, but when I left home I insisted on only taking a small amount of bits from my parents and making my own living. And my parents respected that decision.

[colour=#222222]Flaws: Wow... Hard question to ask yourself... I find I have many flaws, some easier to notice than others. Well to keep the list short I would say that I over-book my self very often. That is, I agree to help almost everypony and rarely notice I've overloaded myself until it's too late. Often I would go a few days without sleep. Other than that I also have a tendency to get too wrapped up in my work, be it for a client or pleasure. I swear some times I wouldn't notice Celesta herself talking to me when I am that focused. Lastly I would say another flaw is the Curse of Inelegance. I find sometimes I ramble about things I know about and can come across as arrogant or a bit of a show off. I really need to learn when to just stop explaining so much.[/colour]

[colour=#222222]Personality: I am a very open, friendly and outgoing pony. I am not a leader, but I am not a follower either. I'm usually second-in-command when I can be, but that doesn't mean I can't be a leader of sorts from time to time. I'm kind, understanding, very calm and collected. I am also very dedicated, both to my work and my friends. I'll also admit I am a bit of a fighter and I have a rebellious spirit when I choose to let it out. I can also be more stubborn than a mule when I know I'm right.[/colour]

Greetings, you have a pretty good application here that covers most everything. There is just a couple omissions, and questions I still have.

A nearly Bed head style Never taking much time to Fix my mane It usually Just Ends Up falling As I leave it

What color is his mane/tail?

Cutie Mark: A Chip linking out across his Flank

I am unsure what this means? What kind of a chip, and how does it link?

well I guess the best Summary would Come in turn From Explaining about the Day My cutie mark Found me. It was years ago I was just a little Filly when Father Was out on a business Trip, For the life of Me I don't rember What he did he would Never talk about it at all But he went off to the Castle a lot, And my mother was out For the Day to do shopping And my parents both decided I didn't Kneed a foal sitter any more. I was a bit bored And had yet to make many friends to go Be out side so I went in to my dads office and turned on the radio. well As a young Filly I Wasn't exactly as careful as I should have been and The Radio Fell to the Floor. I freaked out and started crying a bit thinking of how mad my Father would be when he came home. just then, like most Fillies get the Idea when they Brake something, I thought I could Fix it after nearly a few hours and Several failed tries I placed my head against it and then suddenly had a Idea of what to do and I managed to fix the Radio and it worked. Felling confident I had another Idea and Worked in the back with The simple Magic I knew, and Eventually Ended up getting a much better Reception. My parents would come home to find Me Laying on the Floor with A few books and Manuals laying around me And my Cutie mark on my flank

The first thing I need to point out as since he is a male, as a youth he would be a colt, not a filly, a filly is a young female pony . I need to ask if English is your first language, I ask only because your capitalization of words and punctuation appear to be almost entirely random and don’t make sense grammatically; this is true for the above paragraph as well as the rest of the application. I would strongly suggest having someone proofread your application to help with this.

in order

*Face hoof* How did I forget to put that

Fixed

Actually Yes English is my First language I have issues with capitalization and punctuation and Grammar to a degree

Cutie Mark: A Chip linking out across his Flank

cpu_heart_by_luke101010-d4a6vhc-1.jpg

This looks a lot like some kind of computer chip. There are not computers or video games in Equestria. They are not sophisticated enough for that technology.

just then, like most Fillies get the Idea when they Brake something, I thought I could Fix it

Colts are boys, fillies are girls. :)

The Cute Mark story is fine, but I'm not too keen on the Cutie Mark. Perhaps something to do with fixing things, like a screw driver, wrench, or hammer. Maybe even a radio, since that was the first thing he fixed. Or an instruction booklet. There are lots of possibilities to gear the Cutie Mark more towards fitting in Equestria.

Also, please address the things brianblackberry brought up as well.

This looks a lot like some kind of computer chip. There are not computers or video games in Equestria. They are not sophisticated enough for that technology.

The Cute Mark story is fine, but I'm not too keen on the Cutie Mark. Perhaps something to do with fixing things, like a screw driver, wrench, or hammer. Maybe even a radio, since that was the first thing he fixed. Or an instruction booklet. There are lots of possibilities to gear the Cutie Mark more towards fitting in Equestria.

Even Basic Radios And The slight Technology that Equestria Dose have Dose Envolve Chips Such as Processers And there A have been a few examples Of More Advanced Tech in Some Eps, Yes mostly all of them have Revolved Around Twilight there Are Examples Of Technology More sophisticated in the Show to Require more Techinacal parts also I don't think than A Cuite mark is nesesarily bound by the same limatations

post-3738-0-60829100-1338455769_thumb.jppost-3738-0-53870300-1338455776_thumb.jppost-3738-0-70555400-1338455779_thumb.jppost-3738-0-93374600-1338455896_thumb.pn

Colts are boys, fillies are girls. :)

Gah I ment foals.... Thank you for catching that

Also, please address the things brianblackberry brought up as well.

I did I just didnt Quote my Responce When I did

Even Basic Radios And The slight Technology that Equestria Dose have Dose Envolve Chips Such as Processers And there A have been a few examples Of More Advanced Tech in Some Eps, Yes mostly all of them have Revolved Around Twilight there Are Examples Of Technology More sophisticated in the Show to Require more Techinacal parts also I don't think than A Cuite mark is nesesarily bound by the same limatations

post-3738-0-60829100-1338455769_thumb.jppost-3738-0-53870300-1338455776_thumb.jppost-3738-0-70555400-1338455779_thumb.jppost-3738-0-93374600-1338455896_thumb.pn

The first one is a vehicle, not a computer. This does not support you point at all. Vehicles work entirely different than computers, video games, or even a more simple thing like a radio. The two can't be compared.

The second one is what is known as a gag item. That is, an item (or sometimes event) like Pinkie Pie's party canon. The items may not fit in with the world, there are just there for laughs. As a 'gag'. Even if it were canon, such a big computer system would be in limited supply, perhaps only unique to Twilight Sparkle (being that she is probably the third most powerful pony in Equestria).

I'm not sure what the last photo has to do with things... The only thing I see is a stethoscope, and that's a pretty primitive piece of medical equipment.

From what I can see, processors are NOT used in the manufacturing of radios. They are an item used in computers. IF radios do use some kind of chips nowadays, I'd say that type is too sophisticated from Equestria. If you could perhaps use Google to find a image of a dismantlement radio, maybe I could know better what exactly you're talking about. It any case, I'd say the chip you have now as a Cutie Mark is definitely a computing one, and not a radio one.

Oh here, I grabbed this from Wikipedia. Here's an example of a radio chip:

Microchip_rfid_rice.jpg

The first one is a vehicle, not a computer. This does not support you point at all. Vehicles work entirely different than computers, video games, or even a more simple thing like a radio. The two can't be compared.

The second one is what is known as a gag item. That is, an item (or sometimes event) like Pinkie Pie's party canon. The items may not fit in with the world, there are just there for laughs. As a 'gag'. Even if it were canon, such a big computer system would be in limited supply, perhaps only unique to Twilight Sparkle (being that she is probably the third most powerful pony in Equestria).

I'm not sure what the last photo has to do with things... The only thing I see is a stethoscope, and that's a pretty primitive piece of medical equipment.

From what I can see, processors are NOT used in the manufacturing of radios. They are an item used in computers. IF radios do use some kind of chips nowadays, I'd say that type is too sophisticated from Equestria. If you could perhaps use Google to find a image of a dismantlement radio, maybe I could know better what exactly you're talking about. It any case, I'd say the chip you have now as a Cutie Mark is definitely a computing one, and not a radio one.

Oh here, I grabbed this from Wikipedia. Here's an example of a radio chip:

Microchip_rfid_rice.jpg

Actualy The Flim flam vehicle showed more complex opperation and processing ability than a normal vehicle secondly most vehicle are actualy built with processors and other computer componets an dthe point of the Doctor was that his Cuite mark Is that of An EKG or Vital desplay unit, Also in responce to your Imag you found that Is actualy A RFID chip (http://en.wikipedia...._identification) witch come in all shapes and Sizes since they have been around for many years, a better Explanation and look in to A radios parts would be from top down look in to a radio (Note the Motherbord at the bottom left) post-3738-0-84164100-1338461571_thumb.jp

Lastly I would just want To Point out That I Have no problams Changeing things On his Character App I just want to Explain my case as best As I can I am in no way Fighting with you only trying to Explain

The problem with show canon, especially in season two, is that they seemingly abandoned any consistency in world building after season one (which was something from what I understood, Faust tried to prevent from happening). Here we try for the mane RP, to develop some real level of world and tech consistency based on the relative consistency they had for the first season. In that spirit, we have decided to keep tech down to the early 20th century and such technology is comparably rare to what it would be in early 20th century human society (pony society is mainly magic and nature oriented while human society of the real world is industry and technology oriented).

In this spirit it is easy to explain the FlimFlam vehicle as part steam or gas tech/part magic powered. Heck Twi's "computer" (really a gag item for that episode) could be powered through magic in some manner, of course early computers used vacuum tubes as computers predate integrated circuits by a quarter century. In short ponies haven't developed the microchip and their technological progress itself is retarded by the fact that modern tech isn't nearly as needed (or perhaps even desired) as it would be for us, thanks the reality of magic in their universe.

From what I have read about Ratchet, some sort of tool would make far more sense for him as it would appear his specialty is mechanical repair rather than electronics or electrical engineering. Heck even something like a vacuum tube would be alright if you wanted his skilled to be more focused on the repair of radios and other similar electrical tech.

Lastly on an unrelated note, I would again suggest running your text through some sort of grammar check, the random capitalization and punctuation is quite disorienting to read, and holds back the application where it otherwise would shine.

The problem with show canon, especially in season two, is that they seemingly abandoned any consistency in world building after season one (which was something from what I understood, Faust tried to prevent from happening). Here we try for the mane RP, to develop some real level of world and tech consistency based on the relative consistency they had for the first season. In that spirit, we have decided to keep tech down to the early 20th century and such technology is comparably rare to what it would be in early 20th century human society (pony society is mainly magic and nature oriented while human society of the real world is industry and technology oriented).

In this spirit it is easy to explain the FlimFlam vehicle as part steam or gas tech/part magic powered. Heck Twi's "computer" (really a gag item for that episode) could be powered through magic in some manner, of course early computers used vacuum tubes as computers predate integrated circuits by a quarter century. In short ponies haven't developed the microchip and their technological progress itself is retarded by the fact that modern tech isn't nearly as needed (or perhaps even desired) as it would be for us, thanks the reality of magic in their universe.

From what I have read about Ratchet, some sort of tool would make far more sense for him as it would appear his specialty is mechanical repair rather than electronics or electrical engineering. Heck even something like a vacuum tube would be alright if you wanted his skilled to be more focused on the repair of radios and other similar electrical tech.

Lastly on an unrelated note, I would again suggest running your text through some sort of grammar check, the random capitalization and punctuation is quite disorienting to read, and holds back the application where it otherwise would shine.

I have Noticed that The Ruling about Tech seems to be a bit more lax when it comes to unicorns as the seem to be the localization for events things and Ideas that push the limits of the show The only thing I am trying to say is even the small amount of Tech would Require some Silicon based work But A lass I will Change it.

I have Noticed that The Ruling about Tech seems to be a bit more lax when it comes to unicorns as the seem to be the localization for events things and Ideas that push the limits of the show The only thing I am trying to say is even the small amount of Tech would Require some Silicon based work But A lass I will Change it.

Unicorns appear to possibly "get away" with more when it comes to invention not because they have some exclusive knowledge of more advanced electronic knowledge or technology but because they have the ability to directly manipulate magic, which likely gives them the ability to create magical powered items.

Unicorns appear to possibly "get away" with more when it comes to invention not because they have some exclusive knowledge of more advanced electronic knowledge or technology but because they have the ability to directly manipulate magic, which likely gives them the ability to create magical powered items.

Yea just about

• 2 weeks later...

<3

AppApproved.png

Your app has been approved! since this is your first mane RP character, you aren't in the roleplayers group yet. Once you are moved into the roleplayers group you'll be able to post in mane RP with your new character :) it can take up to a few days for the admins to move you.