JD/Jaylee Derby [FINAL]

WhiteSlash

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria RP

Name: Everyone just calls her JD. Her name is Jaylee Derby, she comes from a long line of Racing ponies.

Sex: Female.

Species: Unicorn

Coat Color: A light gray.

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Her mane is mostly straight around the sides though her fringe is rather messy around the her horn. Black and white colour scheme. A bright red bow at the back. Her tail is black and white in the form of stripes. Naturally full of volume yet retaining its straightness. Three dark freckles on both cheeks.

Eye Color: A bright green, almost Jade.

Cutie Mark: A winged first aid cross. This represents her medical talent for working with animals.

Physique: Both thinner and shorter than the average build of a pony her age.

Origin: Born in Canterlot. Escaped from the clutches of her evil parents to pursue her own life.

Occupation: She currently works in Manehattan as a vet with her special somepony. She used to be the bassist for Filly Force Five. Next door to her store is her best friend Plan B's shop. She loves her job and it plays right into her unique skill set. She is a natural with the animals.

Motivation: Nearing the end of the Filly Force Five she was beginning to become much more confident. She met her special somepony whom introduced her to his vetrinary work. She was a natural. Her soft caring tone and gentle appearance serves to calm the animals she works with. In love and ready to settle she spends her time curing those who cant help themselves. As her friend did once for her.

• Playing bass.
  • The colour red.
  • Reading and writing.
  • Although she doesnt know very many spells she still very much enjoys the art.
  • She prefers her music volume at a tolerabe level, though she doesnt mind it on stage.
  • Romance.

Dislikes:

• Her appearance.
  • Grammatical errors (kind of an OCD thing).
  • Confrontation.
  • Being stuck in crowds.
  • Being apart from Plan B.

Dress Sense: She has an unusual fondness for the colour red. Her large red bow contrasts with her light coat colour. Being naturally shy she steers clear of anything that would make her stand out.

Personality: JD has always been a very shy pony. Though on occasion she has displayed a great deal of assertiveness and confidence. She is very selfless and caring. Although she tends not to smile she is still a very happy pony. She loves music as it acts the same way a pen and paper would to someone who doesnt speak. The music says what she wont or cant. On stage she is completely different thus showing that when faced with a task she has to overcome, She will do it. She is very intelligent although not incredibly streetwise.

Cutie Mark Story: During her time with the Filly Force Five something happened to the lead guitarist. Plaid Haze was horrifically wounded. With little time and no help around the normally shy and distant JD stepped up. She was a natural, with careful skill and percision technique Haze was saved. Her cutie mark appeared and she knew she had found her true path in life. She stayed with the band until their disbandment and soon after met her special somepony. He took notice of her mark and instantly knew they were meant to be.

Character Summary: Not much is known about JD from before she met Plan B. She came from a line of racing ponies whom overtime left the profession but kept the name. Not much need for runners in a classy living area like canterlot. She was mute and living on the streets. Attempting to steal from Plan B and failing she came face to face with her best friend. Plan B overlooked her attempted crime and offered to help cure her. JD jumped at the chance and eventually she was cured. She revealed that she had been cursed by her parents using their magic. She explained that they did it to keep her quiet so she wouldn't reveal their dark secrets. A secret now known by JD and Plan B. Her parents continusly pop up pursuing her, though she with the aid of her friends and, her later discovered, special somepony she eludes them time after time. She transferred her admiration of what Plan B did for her into helping others. Whilst she was still shy around ponies, she focused more on helping creatures of all shapes and sizes.

After that she spent the rest of her time helping Plan B. For two very different ponies they oddly grew very close to each other. They formed a sisterly bond and have remained as such since then. Since gaining her voice JD began to speak an excessive amount until eventually she learned to balance her time spent silent and speaking. This led to her being straight to the point in most things she does.

On their travels the pair met Rabble Rouser, Plaid Haze and Vivre Vrai. Together they formed the Filly Force Five. She discovered she was a natural bassist. This was the best time of her life. From a poor street urchin to a star. Not gaining the success they were after but still living what they do the band sadly drifted apart. She later met her special somepony and they have lived together since then. Plan B is rather jealous of this pony. When she isnt busy she spends her time venturing in search of unique and intresting animals. She keeps a log of all her encouters.

Young Mare JD and Filly JD:

post-3706-0-67152200-1338396914_thumb.pn

Did her parents put her out on the street as well as curse her? Also is the reasons for this curse known and something that will be revealed in the course of RP?

Reading the application, I am feeling there are a few questions about this character that still need clarification or answering, so to better see her entire personality and life thus far.

First off I must admit, I am uncomfortable with the "evil parents" angle, only because I feel it is overdone; but I remember this story being covered for this character in Plan B's application, so it is already established before this application so it should be alright.

The one major issue I see that still needs some work in the application is that revolving around her special talent. Current I feel it is barely touched upon and comes off as an afterthought in the story of this character so far. If we didn't read the description of her cutie mark , we wouldn't know what her special talent is at all, let alone if she does anything in life associated with it. Currently the application is lacking a cutie mark story about how and when she first gain her mark and realized what her special talent is. Also what does she do for a living now that her band has broken up, and does it have anything to do with her special talent?

Did her parents put her out on the street as well as curse her? Also is the reasons for this curse known and something that will be revealed in the course of RP?

Reading the application, I am feeling there are a few questions about this character that still need clarification or answering, so to better see her entire personality and life thus far.

First off I must admit, I am uncomfortable with the "evil parents" angle, only because I feel it is overdone; but I remember this story being covered for this character in Plan B's application, so it is already established before this application so it should be alright.

The one major issue I see that still needs some work in the application is that revolving around her special talent. Current I feel it is barely touched upon and comes off as an afterthought in the story of this character so far. If we didn't read the description of her cutie mark , we wouldn't know what her special talent is at all, let alone if she does anything in life associated with it. Currently the application is lacking a cutie mark story about how and when she first gain her mark and realized what her special talent is. Also what does she do for a living now that her band has broken up, and does it have anything to do with her special talent?

She ran away from her parents. The reason for the curse is unknown as of yet and I am undecided as to wether I will explain it in RP or in my Fanfic.

As for the "Evil Parents" idea I enjoy it. I see it as rather theatrical. :D

Her special talent I admit was rushed. Though I find it suits the character. I added a Cutie Mark story and I also mention in the Occupation section what she now does for a living. I tried to keep all my OC's true to the band idea whilst not noticing or putting the special talent on hold. I like the idea that whilst some pony has a special talent, they dont necessarily need to focus on it :)

If anything is still unclear or could use work please let me know and thanks for the assistance! :D

She ran away from her parents. The reason for the curse is unknown as of yet and I am undecided as to wether I will explain it in RP or in my Fanfic.

As for the "Evil Parents" idea I enjoy it. I see it as rather theatrical. :D

Her special talent I admit was rushed. Though I find it suits the character. I added a Cutie Mark story and I also mention in the Occupation section what she now does for a living. I tried to keep all my OC's true to the band idea whilst not noticing or putting the special talent on hold. I like the idea that whilst some pony has a special talent, they dont necessarily need to focus on it :)

If anything is still unclear or could use work please let me know and thanks for the assistance! :D

No, she doesn't need to focus on it, but even if she doesn't, it should be covered, especially since her band days are now over and she has moved on to the next stage of her life. :)

Cutie Mark Story: During her time with the Filly Force Five something happened to the lead guitarist. Plaid Haze was horrifically wounded. With little time and no help around the normally shy and distant JD stepped up. She was a natural, with careful skill and percision technique Haze was saved. Her cutie mark appeared and she knew she had found her true path in life. She stayed with the band until their disbandment and soon after met her special somepony. He took notice of her mark and instantly knew they were meant to be.

We have a rule that one cannot be an adult (Stallion or mare) when they get their cutie mark, it needs to have when there are still a minor (either a foal or a colt/filly).

No, she doesn't need to focus on it, but even if she doesn't, it should be covered, especially since her band days are now over and she has moved on to the next stage of her life. :)

Okay, well I will clean up some bits and polish it off :D

We have a rule that one cannot be an adult (Stallion or mare) when they get their cutie mark, it needs to have when there are still a minor (either a foal or a colt/filly).

Anytime spent with the Filly Force Five my OC's are Fillies, the all become mares shortly after the disbandment of the group :)