EverFree Forest: Zecora's Home Remedies! (Ended and dead)

QuickLime

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Zecora had been stocking up for months with cures and such to help ease pony problems, some hard candies to chew for tooth pain, a mousse to rub on ones hair to fix dull limp manes, a wonderfully bubbly brew to help belly aches and pains, you name it Zecora had made sure to stock it up! The path to her home had been lit with luminaire paper lanterns with her cutie mark cut on the front so the candle light shone through so that the ponies could make their way to her home in complete safety to get anything their little hearts desired.

She hoped AppleBloom would stop by to be her assistant since the little filly was Zecora’s dearest friend but she knew she was busy with a family reunion to deal with at the time, none the less she was ready for Ponies to come to her home and to purchase some of her things.

She hammered down a sign in front of her door that said ‘Zecora’s cures for what ails ya, come on by she wont fail she’s even got things to fix your crooked tail”

Not her best rhyme but hey!

1: Post your ponies unique and funny problems for Zecora to post 2:After you post wait for 2 other posters to post before you post again 3: Have fun!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

One of the best things about living on the edge of the Everfree Forest was that if she ever needed to see her friend Zecora, Apple Bloom didn't have to wander about the town for a few minutes to gather her thoughts about the trek. If she had that time, perhaps some degree of concern and trepidation would sneak in and she'd be less likely to make the trip. Luckily, if she wanted to see Zecora, the little Apple would just have to bound out of the farm and into the forest. And on this fine summer day that was exactly what Apple Bloom found herself doing.

Normally, she'd be hanging out with her Crusading buddies or helping on the farm, but this day she found herself without any real commitments. No harvest was going on and the farm was well-run and nothing needed repair, and her friends for once desired some alone time with their own families or even just themselves. She couldn't blame them; she had the clubhouse and that could act as her little retreat when she so demanded it. But today, she wanted to socialize and without her usual options being available, Apple Bloom decided to see her zebra friend.

The path was well-marked, Zecora realizing that the ponies had a fear of the forest that had to be acted against. It made the trek less exciting, but Apple Bloom supposed it was smart. After about half an hour of near skipping through the forest, Apple Bloom knocked against the door six times with both hooves in great excitement.

"'Ey! Zecora! Are ya up?"

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Zecora grinned looking up from her shelves hearing the knock and familiar southern sounding drawl of the little Apple Pony that was at her door. Walking over she pushed it open and gave her the best smile she had "Ah my dear AppleBloom! It is so good to see you so soon!" She said moving to pull the filly into a hug "I was hoping to have your cute self help sell all the cures upon my shelf"

It was thanks to AppleBloom that Zecora even had the courage to open her home to other ponies in the first place, she couldn't imagine doing any of this without the small filly "Just do something to not stir Ire, and stay away from the Hearts Desire' She winked ruffling the filly's mane affectionately knowing she wouldn't be messing with that again.

The filly beamed with excess pride as she entered the hut, the strange and unusual surroundings doing little to set her askew. Sure, the first time she had come here all of the creepy masks and strange decor had made her uneasy, but Zecora was such a delight and so patient in her explanations that pretty soon she looked upon the creepy masks and didn't feel the need to take a giant gulp at the thought of them speaking in some weird Zebra tongue chanting curses. No, if they came alive and started chanting, it'd be them singing a song of welcome! It was still creepy, but a bit more pleasant.

And Zecora's rhythmical chiding of Apple Bloom's previous experience with Heart's Desire could do little to deflect her attention. She had come to terms with her most recent bout with tomfillery and had decided to just laugh at how silly the whole thing was. What language had she even been speaking in? Why, it didn't make any sense and the more things failed to make sense, the funnier they became to Apple Bloom as long as there as no inherent danger to them. And as long as she didn't fool around with it, Heart's Desire wasn't threatening. Just funny.

"Dont'cha worry your mane 'bout anythin', Zecora. Ah'm just 'ere to help out a bit. Do ya have any orders lined up that ah could helpya with?" Apple Bloom asked as she went on two hooves and peered into the cauldron, the reflection of the liquid inside bursting with bubbles and causing great imperfection.

Lightning Dancer entered the hut cautiously and wiped her feet on the mat. She had never met Zecora, and had only heard of the famed zebra. Some even said she was an evil enchantress! Of course, Lightning didn't usually believe rumours. And she had a very serious problem.

"...Miss Zecora? Hello?"

Zecorafbanner.jpg

"Not yet my dear but soon the customers will appear" She said and grinned because the moment she emphasized her point there was a knock and a guest in the hut "Greetings Friend so new! What can I do to help you?" From a glance the other pony didn't appear to have anything wrong with her that would require one of Zecora's brews but whom was she to say if somepony needed something or not? It could very well be she wanted something for a bunny or a kitty or some odd like that!

She glanced at AppleBloom and snickered "Take a taste of the brew, it is actually my famous StrawBerry and Mint stew, I had a hunch that you might wish to join me for Lunch..."

Lightning timidly looked into the eyes of the zebra, who looked back at her calmly. She was beautiful, in a unique way. Her stripes were elegant, her eyes were bright, and she was dressed up in beautiful gold jewlery.

"Hi there, I'm Lightning Dancer. I'm from Cloudsdale." Lightning put out a hoof to shake nervously. She had never done anything like this before! What if she was rejected?

Zecorafbanner.jpg

"Goodness Me such a long long way to stray! Do tell old Zecora what she can do for you this day?" She asked shaking the offered hoof gently, bangles tinkling slightly from the soft movement, Zecora had very little to do with Cloudsdale since her own species was very similar to earth ponies so she'd sink like a rock! This strange city she heard was made of clouds of all building material, and Zecora did enjoy the occasional bottle of rainbow that was given to her as it added such a wonderful spice to her brews, and when mixed with the flowers of a special plant it made the most warming soothing lotion that Zecora had ever used and often rubbed it on her own shoulders after a hard day.

"Please do not delay! Tell me what is wrong so I can help you and get you on your merry way!"

Apple Bloom wasn't the smartest filly in her class, but she knew that anypony- or anyzebra- who snickered wasn't necessarily being fully honest. It was a sign that the person had some sort of hidden meaning or information when paired with the request, and this made Apple Bloom root around her memory to find anything she could have done to offend Zecora. Nothing came to her, which made that snicker just confusing. But that confusion couldn't compete even partially with the fact that strawberry and mint stew was one of the most exciting concoctions that Zecora ever whipped up. Apple Bloom's eyes lit up like Hearth's Warming Eve and she plunged her head down into the brew without a care in the world.

A few moments later, the filly's head came flying out of the brew, a completely relaxed look swallowing whole her face. She burped.

"Zecora, that's yer best strawberry mint stew yet, ah reckon! Ya gotta try this!" Apple Bloom said as she poured three small bowls, each one rather slopily handled in her dashing exuberance. The first bowl was almost tossed at Lightning Dancer, while the second bowl was effectively butt-bumped to Zecora. The third bowl found itself pinned up by Applejack's jaw, the stew, slipping in through her teeth as she walked to the two elders. By the time she got there, the bowl was empty, falling and being caught in her hoof. She burped again, and started to wonder if having two bowls this fast was a good idea.

It wasn't.

Three bowls was an even better idea.

Lightning Dancer gasped as an unfamiliar filly, just a bit younger than here, tossed a bowl of Zecora's Strawberry Mint stew at her. It was piping hot, and when she caught it, she felt the sting. She inhaled sharply, gently putting the bowl down before it burned her. She looked at Zecora with nervous expression, but knew the zebra was very wise and well cultured. Perhaps she really could help her!

"Well, uh, Miss Zecora? The thing is, and I'm sure you get this a lot, but I have a crush on this colt-"

The other filly's impromptu sigh cut her off. She was still gulping down bowlfulls of stew. Lightning wondered how she wasn't full yet, and suddenly felt very cliche for coming and asking for advice on love. Zecora most likely would not understand the urgency of the situation, wouldn't understand how much she loved this colt. It had been a bad idea to come.

"I'm sorry. It's just he's my best friend. But here's the thing, I'm certain he likes me back. So, what I really need is to be confident enough to talk to him about it. I just got accepted into the Aeroblades, and I will be off to Las Pegasus soon. I really want him to know before I leave, and perhaps we could be together. I'm not sure if you'd be willing to help me, but are very wise, and I would be honored."

Guiding Light walked into the Everfree Forest with a look of fear on his face. He didn't like this place. it was dark and he heard it was full of scary creatures. Also, Light wasn't too sure about going to see this Zecora as some schoolmates said she was an evil enchantress and would make him into stew.

Yet with all that Light was more scared about what was happening to him than the forest or Zecora. He took a deep brath and knocked on the door to the zebra's hut.

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Zecora quietly listened to the Pony's issue and a soft gentle smile crossed her face "My Dear I have just the trick, for getting confidence and getting it quick" She said going to reach for one of her many concoctions when she felt the whoosing of a bowl and caught it with her hoof, gently holding it to her lips and took a deep drink, the wonderful sweet, savory stew sliding down the Zebra's throat "Mhmm I do see that the soup I consume is much loved by my AppleBloom" She chuckled sitting the bowl down and ruffled AppleBloom's Mane "Drink up all you will! It was made especially for you so drink your fill"

Zecora knew that the stew was AppleBlooms favorite treat ever and that was why she had made it, glancing back to her visitor that nearly got pelted by a wandering fruit bowl "Good Friend do drink from that cup! The stew will perk your spirits up" She said patting Lightning Dancer's shoulder as she fetched a beautiful bottle that had a little heart charm on the front, the cork of it looking like a gem, and inside a beautiful rainbow colored liquid "Here we are this is for you, it should help your confidence shine through"

There was another tentative knock on her hut door and she moved to open it seeing the other pony there and smiled "Oh do come in! Standing outside will not do! Tell Zecora what is troubling you and have a bowl of Strawberry Mint Stew"

Apple Bloom listened intently- or as intently as she could muster when her head was dunked in the cauldron full of stew. Apple Bloom knew it wasn't exactly polite but she had to admit to a certain sense of addiction to this stew and when you added in a degree of hunger from her day's barrenness, it was a lethal combination. For the soup, anyway. She felt fine; the stomach ache would be future Apple Bloom's problem.

But eventually even se had her fair share and she took another deep sigh as Lightning Streak finished her story. Apple Bloom held her hooves together close to her heart.

"Aww! That's such a cute storeh, Lightnin' Streak. Ah bet ol' Zecora ere' has-" She saw the elder zebra hand Lightning Streak some sort of charm and had to mentally rewire her speech, "-jus' gave ya jus' tha thing you need to ge yer very special somepony!" She said, rearing up with excitement and very weakly holding back a whole avalanche of cooing that she wanted to do. It was likely impolite and besides, that soup was sitting heavy. Just then, Guiding Light came in, and Apple Bloom's face lit up as she trotted off to greet him.

"Guidin'! Ah didn't figure ah'd see YOU 'ere!" Apple Bloom said as she threw her left hoof over his shoulder, the right one picking up a bowl of soup that she had poured in some sort of crazed, soup-powered delirium, handing it to the colt with a smile.

(OOC: I was going to give Light another problem, but seeing the situation here I can't resist this new idea).

Guiding Light timidly entered the hut. Zecora seemed nice which helped to allay his fears. Hearing about the strawberry mint stew also helped.

Light heard another pony talk about her special somepony. It was nice to hear some other pony was looking for love. It also confirmed that he was possibly in the right place after all.

It was then he saw Apple Bloom and froze. He expected to be the only pony to be there with Zecora. His problem was... something private. Something that he didn't want some pony from school to know.

Before he could even consider bolting, Apple Bloom grabbed him with one hoof and gave him a bowl of stew with another. She seemed... excessivly happy. Was there something in the stew?

"Oh... um... hello there Apple Bloom. You knew I'd be coming here?"

He timidly tried the stew. "Wow! This is really good."

He then knew that Zecora was asking about what his problem was. "Um... well ...problem? Well it's kind of private."

"Now you keep off of that leg for a couple of days, and you'll be just fine!" Fluttershy said, tying off a bandage. The large leonine creature she was tending to was purring like a gigantic kitten as he watched the pony tend to his leg. "But you need to be more careful the next time!" Fluttershy continued, changing to a more lecturing tone. "You may have wings, but that doesn't mean you can go jumping over ravines!" The manticore growled something at the pony, who smiled back up at him. "Oh, you're very welcome. I'll come by in a couple of days to make sure it's healed up," Fluttershy responded.

Fluttershy gave a wave as she trotted back down the path from the manticore's den. She started humming tune as she moved through the deep forest. Most ponies would be surprised that Fluttershy of all ponies would be able to walk through the Everfree unafraid, but the forest was almost a second home to her. Now, the forest did get spooky at night, but Fluttershy had so many animal friends that lived in Everfree that she felt safe.

As she walked, a delicious odor wafted into her nostrils. A sudden hunger pang reminded her that she'd been in a rush to tend to the wounded manticore, and she had skipped breakfast. She hoped Zecora wouldn't mind a visitor...

The yellow pegasus trotted up to the door of the zebra's cottage. If it weren't clear before, it was obvious where the delectable smell was coming from. Fluttershy knocked at the cabin door lightly. "Zecora? Are you there?"

Zecorafbanner.jpg

"I do not wish to see such a sad frown" She said scritching Lux's mane affectionately due to hearing that his problem was private "So perhaps for me you could write it down? And I am so glad you like the stew! It's a Family Recipe I followed very true, My mother used to make it for me, when I was just a wee filly" She got Lux a pad of paper and a quill and ink bottle to write his problem down to give to her, but what was this? Yet another knock upon her door! Twas a Fluttershy and nothing more!

"Oh my Dear Friend Fluttershy! So good to See you! Would you like to join us for some stew?" Before AppleBloom could throw more Stew at poor Fluttershy Zecora went over and ladled a bowl for the Pink maned Pony and offered it to her "I hope you will agree that it is a delicious family recipe "

Yes she cheated and used the same rhyme twice but sue her!

Apple Bloom let Light go as he consumed the stew. Whatever ailed him, she was sure as the sun rose that a good bowl of stew would put him at ease. After all, this hut was a place of- err, what had Zecora called it once? A place of calm and healing? That seemed accurate enough, at least for Apple Bloom's sake. It was a place where Light could relax and spill the apple seeds as it were. She stepped back a little and trotted back to the cauldron, this time not intending to get another bowl. She had lost count of how many she had, but whatever the number, she felt as though it would always be a half-dozen bowls too few. Best to stop then before Zecora had a whole 'nother problem on-hoof. She sat down on the comfy carpet.

"Well c'mon Light, ya can tell us 'nything. Ah'm sure Zecora has jus' the thin' for whatever it is that ails ya, and ah promise ah won't tell nopony. Ah learned mah lesson as gabby gums, Celestia as mah witness," Apple Bloom said gravely, holding her hoof high as if taking an oath. It was a flashing moment of introspection dashed against the walls of the hut when Fluttershy entered, Apple Bloom's smile shooting out from her as she herself followed suit.

"'Ey there, Fluttershy! Whatcha doin' 'ere? Ya should get some of this ste-" The filly began as she reached back towards the cauldron, preparing to pour a bowl but having been slow to the draw when compared to Zecora who soup-blocked her, "-That stew. It's amazing! Zecora, ya gots ta teach me how ta make it sometime!" She chortled with delight as she moved back and allowed Zecora to attend to her business. She waited a whole three seconds before moving again, this time to retrieve a quill and paper. Taking both items in her mouth, she dropped them at Light's hooves.

"There ya go, jus' write it thar like Zecora said an' then ya don't have ta feel embarrassed!"

(OOC: Shyness, social awkwardness, a personal problem. Poor Light)

Another pony entered Zecora's house, this time a ywllow pegasus. He saw her around town, usually buying things at the market, but never said hello to as she seemed busy. Plus his shyness didn't help meeting new ponies. But Light knew never to be rude.

"Oh... um... hello there," Light said to the new arrival, "I'm Guiding Light... what's your name?"

Light then returned to his... problem. Apple Bloom offered a kind word and a promise to not say anything to others. Light knew that Apple Bloom was able to be trusted, especially after the problem of the Gabby Gums coulmn. Thankfully, the Crusaders didn't find anything to post about him or he probably wouldn't be able to show his face in school or town for weeks. Yet his.... problem... and the privacy behind it was something he had to keep private from even Apple Bloom, as it concerned her... sort of... he thought maybe.

Zecora, seeing his distress offered a kind hoof and an idea: write down his problem. That way he could show it to Zecora without Apple Bloom and the unknown pegasus pony from knowing.

"Oh, thanks... um... Apple Bloom," Guiding Light said as he began to write, pausing occasionally to think of what to say. Finally he composed a message.

(OOC: The following is for Zecora, but if Fluttershy or Apple Blom somehow sees it, all the more plot madness.)

Well... um... I'm trying to find my special somepony. I'm not exactly sure who that is, although I have some ideas. I'm not sure if they'll like me though, and I am kind of shy. So... um... do you have something for confidence or to help me find my special somepony? The reason why I couldn't tell this is... um... Apple Bloom may be a possible special somepony.

With his message finished, he folded it and gave it to Zecora, hoping that no other pony readit.

dfSu6.jpg

It was probably her first time in the Everfree forest. The Mayor was unsure if it was a good idea to go in alone but the directions that Twilight Sparkle gave her were simple enough to follow. After wandering slowly and curiously and suspiciously looking at the surroundings for any strange creatures she had arrived at Zecora's hut without incident. At first glance it seemed odd to her but it did have a cozy welcome feeling to it. From the outside, a wondrous aroma greeted her. Zecora must be cooking something. She'd hope to get a taste of it but it wasn't why she'd come here in the first place.

"Hello?" She said knocking on the door. "Is anypony home?"

She could hear a few other ponies in the hut with Zecora. Looks like she had a few more guests.

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Zecora chuckled receiving the note and shook her head "These things take time my little friend, but I have just the thing to put your worries to an end" She said scanning her shelves and took another bottle with a small heart shaped charm on it, this bottle's fluid was a frothy blue "Take a sip of this, and it will give you the courage you seem to miss "

But what was this another visitor? and the MAYOR of all ponies in/her/ humble shack! "Why Miss Mayor what a Pleasure is this! Come in Come in! Your company I wish not to miss! Perhaps you'd like to try My stew? I'v heard it's very good for you" She said moving to let the grey maned pony in to her hut as well.

The small hut was becoming a litttle bit crowded but there seemed to still be plenty more room.

(Oh, woops!)

Lightning Dancer eyed the potion in her hoof, it's bright liquid swirling inside of stained glass. She wasn't sure whether or not to drink it, but decided in the end it was time. She set it down for a moment, preparing herself mentally. This was it. She was finally going to tell Regality how she felt. She was anxious and excited at the same time.

As she drank the sweet liquid, all of her anxiety faded away. She felt like a new filly. She wasn't sure how long this would last, of course, and decided to begin her trip to Hoofington, where he lived, right away! She looked to Zecora, Apple Bloom, and the others in the room with a contagiously wide smile on her face.

"Oh, thank you so much! You don't even know how much this means to me! Zecora, I will report back with the news, good or bad!"

She ran over to the zebra and gave her a tight hug. Then she ran over to Apple Bloom and gave her a hug, gulping down the last of Zecora's stew as she zoomed out the door. It slammed shut, nearly shaking the entire building. Lightning was on her way! Those inside the hut could even see her streaking across the sky, lightning and thunder trailing behind her flight. For such a small filly, she sure was strong!

((exit OC, for now))