Turquoise

Coat Color:

A light tone of navy blue

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style:

Mane is messy, while tail is groomed, both a golden yellow

Physique:

Tall and Basic

Cutie Mark:

An arrow pointing upwards, he got it after he decided to keep his head up and support others

Origin/Residence:

He was born and raised in Trottingham and lives in a two story 3 bedroom house with Duskus and her "self proclaimed" brother, Shade

An artist/designer and a co-manager at an electronic music nightclub with Shade

Motivation:

He follows Pinkie Pie's takes on life and uses them to support his friends and strangers, this being shown by the time he gave Shade and Duskus a home after seeing them alone in a town center, and motivating them to take a positive look on life in most situations.

Dislikes: Sour Food (food, not candy, FOOD), Ponies who make bad decisions when they can still make good ones, ignorant ponies

Character Summary:

History: His history has been the same all these years and has followed the same path,however as a Foal and Filly he always drew on the walls... so he got his own little shack (built by his parents" that he now uses to make designs. As an older Colt however, he once saw a pony with a rotting house, the pony was fairly poor, and he had no one to redesign his house, so Yuki decided to come and rebuild it for him as a friendly favor and gave him a resume so he could start a new life, this was also how he gained his cutie mark which was an arrow pointing upwards, as if saying "keep your head up and keep your friends up high with you!"

Parents: His parents were fairly proud of him but often got fed up with him as well.But after the Nerds Rope/Angelina Foalie incident however, his parents decided to let him live his own life in his small lodge near the outskirts of Trottingham. To this day he has never seen his parents ever again.

Flaws – He is a bit... dim-witted and is easily tricked... Shade often tries to teach him about how this can get him into trouble but Yuki either dozes off or goes off on an extreme Tangent

Personality - He is extremely hyperactive, almost compatible with Hype, and is a happy-go-lucky pony with a supportive personality. He is extremely random and goes over the top in many cases, almost landing in a psychological institute due to an incident involving three chickens, an acne cream advertisement, and five David Guetta CD's that all ended in a riot about Angelina Foalie and how bad Nerds Rope tastes after you brush your teeth. Overall he's a fun person to be around with but he WILL get on your nerves sometimes

I read through the application and found myself wondering about this couple of items:

Motivation:

He follows Pinkie Pie's takes on life and uses them to support his friends and strangers...

I think it may be better rephrased so that 'He follows a personal motto to keep life fun and full of laughter' or something to this effect, rather than using pinky as a way to try and define his way of thinking - otherwise it looks like a reference for the sake of having one in there.

Following this, I also would like to know more about the following statement:

A graphic designer and a co-manager at a dubstep nightclub with Shade

Considering that there aren't any computers in Equestria, I wonder if it isn't worth rephrasing this to something a little more rustic - Artist, for example, brings much the same imagery to mind without any of the more additional hi-tech associated imagery.

Something else that seems to have my attention is the following Phrase:

To this day he has never seen his parents ever again

I would say that unless there's really a specific story behind this, I can't really see this adding anything to the character as a whole - if he's moved out of his parents place, you can probably say that he rarely sees them or something along those lines, but this as it stands leaves an unanswered question as to 'what happened?'

I'll just say that in my personal experience, answering that single question in itself can often just be too tricky to consider worth doing - in this case, just a brief blurb is usually sufficiant so long as a clear idea as whether or not they're around, but I would usually say that it's just never worth bringing any direct attention to the parents if you don't really have anything solid for them in the first place that contributes to the application.

Feels like the app MAY almost be where it needs to be, but it'd be nice to see a little clarification on the few points raised before I bump it up! :smirk:

Edited by Robikku Pegasus

I read through the application and found myself wondering about this couple of items:

I think it may be better rephrased so that 'He follows a personal motto to keep life fun and full of laughter' or something to this effect, rather than using pinky as a way to try and define his way of thinking - otherwise it looks like a reference for the sake of having one in there.

Considering that there aren't any computers in Equestria, I wonder if it isn't worth rephrasing this to something a little more rustic - Artist, for example, brings much the same imagery to mind without any of the more additional hi-tech associated imagery.

I would say that unless there's really a specific story behind this, I can't really see this adding anything to the character as a whole - if he's moved out of his parents place, you can probably say that he rarely sees them or something along those lines, but this as it stands leaves an unanswered question as to 'what happened?'

I'll just say that in my personal experience, answering that single question in itself can often just be too tricky to consider worth doing - in this case, just a brief blurb is usually sufficiant so long as a clear idea as whether or not they're around, but I would usually say that it's just never worth bringing any direct attention to the parents if you don't really have anything solid for them in the first place that contributes to the application.

Feels like the app MAY almost be where it needs to be, but it'd be nice to see a little clarification on the few points raised before I bump it up! :smirk:

oh ok

and the whole pinkie pie thing

i figured that it would be good to show that Yuki doesn't always expect people to follow his morals and show that he is inspired by others, so that was the reason i put that there

and to correct the whole Dubstep nightclub thing (just in case),

in the show, vinyl seemed to have the right equipment to consider the use of computers in equestria, i mean, those are TURNTABLES... im pretty sure that at least the older computers existed when turntables were made

...you could say this corrects the whole occupation thing in its entirety...

either way its fixed now :3

and to correct the whole Dubstep nightclub thing (just in case),

in the show, vinyl seemed to have the right equipment to consider the use of computers in equestria, i mean, those are TURNTABLES... im pretty sure that at least the older computers existed when turntables were made

...you could say this corrects the whole occupation thing in its entirety...

either way its fixed now :3

You have to keep in mind that Equestria is not on the same technological timeline as Earth. Just because something exists in Equestria that was invented at same time as something else did on Earth, does not automatically mean that it exists in Equestria. They have no need for computers, so why would they try to invent them? Ponies are about enjoying life and doing their share of work. Humans are lazy, and create things to make life easier. Humans wish to advance things, ponies are content with life. In any case, for our board canon, there are no computers in Equestria, until that time IF we are completely contradicted in show (and not by a gag item).

Also, are Duskus and Shade other characters that you plan to apply for, or just NPCs (non-playable characters)?

You have to keep in mind that Equestria is not on the same technological timeline as Earth. Just because something exists in Equestria that was invented at same time as something else did on Earth, does not automatically mean that it exists in Equestria. They have no need for computers, so why would they try to invent them? Ponies are about enjoying life and doing their share of work. Humans are lazy, and create things to make life easier. Humans wish to advance things, ponies are content with life. In any case, for our board canon, there are no computers in Equestria, until that time IF we are completely contradicted in show (and not by a gag item).

Also, are Duskus and Shade other characters that you plan to apply for, or just NPCs (non-playable characters)?

well shade already has HIS application, robbiku already put his two cents into that

and im working on Duskus' application

also, do you want me to change that computer stuff then?

also, do you want me to change that computer stuff then?

As Tales mentioned, there really isn't much room for computers until we see them regularly as a non gag prop in the show - Vinyls isn't specifically run by them in board canon and is mostly manipulating via a simple set of unicorn-magic powered tables and speakers, and actually has not so much as a whiff of a computerised element.

However, it does seem like you've actually already fixed that one thing somewhat - and since the parental issue on it's own isn't really a LARGE enough one to hold up a stamp, I'm gonna give one and see where the application goes from here. Here's hoping all goes well! :smirk:

AppAssessed.png

<3

AppApproved.png

Your app has been approved! since this is your first mane RP character, you aren't in the roleplayers group yet. Once you are moved into the roleplayers group you'll be able to post in mane RP with your new character :) it can take up to a few days for the admins to move you.