So, I was looking to put my story, When you can be anypony... who are you? up on FimFiction sometime in the hopefully near future. However, I don't have any cover art for it. It features an OC Changeling, so I don't think using a preexisting picture of Chrysalis would work. I also have zippo art skills to make something myself.

I would like the art to be fairly good. This is going to be the cover of the story. This means that anywhere it gets posted, the art is likely to go with it. FiMFiction, EquestriaDaily, maybe even other forums. Cover art can also be a big draw to a story, and may even determine if someone will read it.

You know why people say, "don't judge a book by its cover"? Because people DO judge books by their cover. You aren't going to pick up a random book that doesn't look interesting to you. You see where I'm going with this?

So, from anyone who offers, I would like examples of your work. I may ask multiple people to do art, to go along with different chapters. It depends on how many people offer, and how talented they each are. If a choose you as the/a artist, then I will give more details. Depending on how much you're willing to do, I may request a background, or a may just request the character. Although if you're willing to do more and have skill, I may be more likely to choose you.

Being that I plan to submit this to EquestriaDaily, it could also be some publicity for your Gallery (be it on here, DeviantArt, etc.), since I believe I can provide a source link for the cover image. In any case, the EqD links to the story will be to my FiMFiction account, and I will credit you in the description (which is generally what people see first).

There you have it! I'll be around to answer questions/concerns in the comments. Please remember to link to examples. :)

I'd like to be a potential applicant, though I'm gana have to read the story first (I can do that later tonight).

I'll put something together afterwords for an example of my work, then I'll let you decide if I'm an eligible applicant for one of the chapters. But at the moment I've got a request to finish before Killing Floor!

mmm o)3)

I kinda want to do this. just kinda sorta.

I haven't drawn any changlings yet and I want to give them a shot.

the only thing is that my summer art to-do list is still 32 items long o)3)

maybe save me as a last-resort artist if you need an extra person? :3 all of my pony-related art is in my Canterlot gallery