Hurt/Heal WAR! Who is Best Pony?

Gah... I kind of dropped the ball here tonight, I guess. Seriously thought I had one more day.

Kind of not as enthused about the game now that my dear Rarity is gone. Missed votes the past couple days and all.

If someone else wants to do the tally for the new period (with the cut off for hexes having been at 12:00 MST today) and come up with some reasonable (and I stress reasonable... we don't want anything excessive or game breaking, especially this late in the game; please show restraint) new power up/hexes, I would allow it this once. Otherwise, I'll extend the period by one day and handle it myself at 12:00 MST tomorrow.

And then there were 7

Round Recap:

Hexed ponies (Running from the timberwolves, can only be healed one point per day per person)

*Chrysalis Hex x9

*Octavia Hex x6

*Applejack Power-up x2, Hex x7

*Derpy Hooves Hex x4

Powered Ponies (Pinkie Sense, cannot be hurt by just 1, 2 or 3 damage)

*Rainbow Dash Hex x2, Power up x4

Rainbow Dash: 50 - POWERED UP

Applejack: 17 (60 Max) - HEXED

Queen Chrysalis: 23 (65 MAX) - HEXED

Derpy Hooves: 38 - HEXED

Lyra: 89 (89 MAX)

Bon-Bon: 55 (65 MAX)

Octavia: 32 (56 Max) - HEXED

Pinkie Pie: ELIMINATED

Scootaloo: ELIMINATED

Princess Celestia: ELIMINATED

Princess Luna: ELIMINATED

Princess Cadence: ELIMINATED

The Great and Powerful Trixie: ELIMINATED

The Mayor: ELIMINATED

Pinkamena (crazy Cupcake Pinkie) : ELIMINATED

Cheerilee: ELIMINATED

Braeburn: ELIMINATED

Soarin: ELIMINATED

Spitfire: ELIMINATED

Fancy Pants: ELIMINATED

Doctor Whooves: ELIMINATED

Mrs Cake: ELIMINATED

Mr. Cake: ELIMINATED

Pound Cake: ELIMINATED

Discord: ELIMINATED

Pumpkin Cake: ELIMINATED

Sweetie Belle: ELIMINATED

Big Macintosh: ELIMINATED

Fluttershy: ELIMINATED

Applebloom: ELIMINATED

Granny Smith: ELIMINATED

Psycho Twilight (Lesson Zero Twilight) : ELIMINATED

Flim: ELIMINATED

Rarity: ELIMINATED

Berry Punch: ELIMINATED

Twilight Sparkle: ELIMINATED

Zecora: ELIMINATED

Vinyl Scratch: ELIMINATED

The hexes/powerups to vote on will be:

Hex:

*Iron Will's Assertiveness Training: After a weekend of platitudes, kones, silly rhymes and bad advice, the affected ponies minds are reeling and they are unable to effectively defend themselves. If you do exactly 6 hurt points to a hexed pony, it will do 2 bonus hurt points. Also, they are easy targets for Iron Will when he collects his fees.

Power-up:

*Owlowiscious on guard: With Owlowiscious watching their back, affected ponies are able to dodge the most damaging attacks. Any attempt to deal 6 points will deal 5 points instead.

Yeah, pretty tame. I apologize if these are boring, but I wanted to err on the safe side since I am invested in the game and I am borrowing control.

Well the alliance had to end eventually...

Heal: Bon Bon + 6

Power up: Lyra x 2

Invalid vote. At least one point must be directed toward hurting a character for a vote to count.

Is it to late to join? :-(

Yay!

Thanks for coming!

I've been wondering how to get new people involved in this for as long as I have been playing.

Also, before that I was wondering how to get new people involved in my other games, which lost players at each round and never picked up new ones.

It does not surprise me at all that you were hesitant, but I have no idea what it takes to make these feel open to all at all phases.

Well the alliance had to end eventually...

I thought it was ongoing when I said I was going to hold off of hurting Lyra, but I wouldn't let her get any more powerups.

If hexes break the "alliance" (non-aggression pact is more accurate), then yes, it is over. Otherwise, I am happy to keep throwing the hurt elsewhere.

It's not too late until the war's over, silly filly! :D

+5 Octavia

-1 Applejack

Actually, this is an invalid vote too.

Octavia is hexed, and can be healed a max of 1 health per day per person.

On the chance that I end up scoring this round, I wouldn't invalidate the whole vote, I'd just only heal her once. Phil would be free to make his own judgement call.

Only RD, Lyra and Bon-Bon can be healed more than once in each vote this round.

Heal: Bon Bon + 5

Hurt: Rainbow Dash - 1

Rainbow has pinkie sense, and cannot be hurt by 1, 2 or 3 damage.

It is confusing that some normally legal votes fail, but neither Phil nor I seem to have realized this until late in the process. Otherwise, I would have suggested "if a pony is healed more than 1 point, he is healed just 1 point instead". Similarly, the pinkie sense power-up could have said "if a pony is hurt 1, 2 or 3 points, they are hurt 0 points instead". For next round, I designed the power-up and hex to be passive. If you do something "wrong" you are just less efficient, and your vote will not fail.

I was hoping for more supporters of the strongest pony in the game, but oh well.

The sudden bon-bon/lyra hate is a bit surprising. There are still a other ponies closer to petrification, and no one would do four measly damage to bon-bon when I got her down to 8 (damage was doubled, but she was about to get 21 health from a power-up). She nearly fully recovered because nobody cared. I guess with only seven ponies left, you make choices you wouldn't have ten days earlier.