Snowy Dash [Final]

Snowy

Name: Snowy

Role Play type: Mane RP

Race: Pegasus

Cutie Mark: A large blue snowflake with a yellow lightning bolt underneath.post-3664-0-91418700-1341617616_thumb.pn

Job: Snow maker/ Weather Factory worker

Motivation: To one day overcome her extreme shyness and meet new ponies.

Likes: Sweets, sleeping, nighttime, music, winter, animals, ice and snow, flying, her job at the factory, being happy

Dislikes: Morning, heat, talking, large crowds, winter wrap up, fire

Personality: Gentle, shy, self-conscious and timid; Snowy just wants to go unnoticed to everyone, and it's not that she hates talking to people; it's just that she can't. Nowhere near being aloof, she would love to meet new friends, but she has a thing against talking. Snowy always feels that if she says a word to anyone, she'd embarrass herself or immediately be judged. So she just avoids talking all together. The only thing she can muster to a new person is a smile and, if she’s feeling bold, even a wave. But if engaged for a period of time, she eventually opens up. Snowy loves to care for and encourage her little brother, Neon.

Origin: Snowy grew up in an orphanage on the far side of Ponyville. Her parents are unknown.

Cutiemark Story: Snowy has always been known to have a strange tolerance and love for the cold. As a young filly, she would always play and fly around in the snow, the freezing temperatures never having any effect on her, which is how she discovered her ability; when she would fly at a certain speed, a trail of snowflakes would follow behind her. Ore just so happened to witness the display of her new found ability and decided to deem her Snowy Dash for her talent and love of the cold. Ever since, she loved her ability to make snow, and would sometimes fly around in circles, just to make a small pile to play in.

Character Story: It was an almost freezing winter night on the day she was left at the orphanage, and when the caretakers found her and brought her in, the weather seemingly had no effect on her. She never really fit in with the other young foals around the orphanage, as she would always sit off on the side; too shy to interact with anyone, so she had no friends. However, the oldest one there; a black unicorn foal named Ore. He took interest in Snowy and the two began to form a tight bond. He always defended little Snowy when she would get picked on from the other foals and treated her as a little sister.

When Ore was old enough to leave the orphanage, he took Snowy and the newest member to the orphanage, Neon, to come live with him. The three live together as very close brothers and sister.

Snowy soon took up a job at the weather factory when she was old enough, mostly helping during the winter months; but in the meantime, takes up various jobs to keep herself busy and help her older brother make money for supplies to help aid him in his research.

Appearance:post-3664-0-92676100-1341617625_thumb.pn

The application is pretty good overall, reading it I just feel that it could be expanded upon in a few areas in more detail, which would help strenghten her character as an RP character.

All three swearing to keep Ore's secret to themselves.

This sounds like an important plot hook for her character, what secret would this be?

Snowy soon took up a job at the weather factory when she was old enough, mostly helping during the winter months; but in the meantime, takes up various jobs to keep herself busy and help her older brother make money.

That is pretty generous of her; why does she need to help him make bits, is it just for household expenses or for some other particular goal?

Overcoming her shyness is a good plot hook idea for personal character growth and can certainly lead to interesting plot hooks over the course of stories. I am curious though, does she have any other goals in life? How does she feel about her special talent (which at least landed her a good job in the snow factory).

I knew it felt that there was something else to add, I just decided to leave cause I'd probably go overboard with the editing. XD But I do understand that expanding on those points would help better her as a character. I'll do my best to make it better!

When Ore was old enough to leave the orphanage, he took Snowy and the newest member to the orphanage, Neon, to come live with him. The three live together as very close brothers and sister. All three swearing to keep Ore's secret to themselves; that their older brother was an Alicorn in hiding.

For the Mane RP, the only alicorns allowed are Celestia, Luna, and Cadence. The reason for this is balance in RP as alicorns are essentially demigods (at least when it comes to power). For Crossover though, alicorns are allowed outside of the three aforementioned. Although Snowy Dash herself isn't an alicorn, others aren't allowed as NPCs (in Mane RP).

Just to be very clear so there is no confusion; all pegasi share the same abilities to control the weather- rainbowdash's ability to leave a rainbow trail is both because she has rainbow hair that blurs behind her, and the sonic rainboom. I think its okay that snowy can fly and manipulate clouds, or perhaps the density of the air around her to cause snow; but its not something that should be 'unique' to her like a special ability- its only special to her in the way that she is particularily good at doing it; but not the only one who "could" per se. This helps keep away the 'superhero' mentality; but rather that all ponies are very much the same, but excel at different talents of their choice, and sometimes, chance of nature.

AppApproved.png