BroNYcon (2012)

Dessa

I have a question, is anyone staying for 2 days, or only for the first day?

Going for both, and I have two friends going as well whom are also going for two days. I can't wait. I need to bring monies for autographs and camera for pics. Also I have my eye on one of those Twilightlicious snaplets. Best part is that is going for a good cause. I may give more :P

You lucky little ponies. ;^; I only live a couple hours away and I'd probably go for a day if I had the cash. Train ticket/con ticket/food/etc. racks up a pretty penny, though.

Next year, though! Next year...!

• Like 1

You lucky little ponies. ;^; I only live a couple hours away and I'd probably go for a day if I had the cash. Train ticket/con ticket/food/etc. racks up a pretty penny, though.

Next year, though! Next year...!

It does, unfortunately. I will hope to see you next year Twims! I'll be sure to take some pics so that you can see how the con was :D

• Like 1

Ehhh...I guess you COULD call me local.

After all, I live barely 15 minutes from the convention center. So yeah, hometown boy right here!

That would include me -- I'm 12 miles from the convention center -- and yes, I'm attending both days. Look for the sign, "World's Oldest Brony"...

Great! So I suppose you guys might know about good bars/cafés in the area?

I am going for the first day only. I have other things to do in Jersey.

WE ARE MEETING. THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

I hope the VA panels aren't so awkward this time, especially considering how many of the cast are attending this time.

Dessa -- when you meet Flutterscotch, wouldn't it be funny she was a talking plastic baby head attached to a pony body? :-o

I saw there's going to be over 3k+ people attending -- that's fantastic! I'm sure all of the fun will get great coverage.

• Like 1

Great! So I suppose you guys might know about good bars/cafés in the area?

WE ARE MEETING. THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

Most of the hotel bars are decent but pricey. In fact, New Jersey is pricey, everywhere. Your best bet? Bring your own and eat/drink in the hotel room...

I'd gladly organize a meetup if any of you guys are in favor of doing so. However, we can't exactly do it OUTSIDE of the convention, considering...ya know, the possibilities of under-21 members like myself. It's easier to do so in the actual convention, anyways...

ANY TAKERS?

I'd gladly organize a meetup if any of you guys are in favor of doing so. However, we can't exactly do it OUTSIDE of the convention, considering...ya know, the possibilities of under-21 members like myself. It's easier to do so in the actual convention, anyways...

ANY TAKERS?

I suggested this to Dessa last night. In the convention center would be easier, but the problem is not knowing the layout, and thus making a definitive meeting spot. If anyone is familiar with the Meadowlands Exposition Center and knows of a place to meet that is easy and can be picked out easily, it would be much easier. We could always go out for drinks later on or what have you.

I suggested this to Dessa last night. In the convention center would be easier, but the problem is not knowing the layout, and thus making a definitive meeting spot. If anyone is familiar with the Meadowlands Exposition Center and knows of a place to meet that is easy and can be picked out easily, it would be much easier. We could always go out for drinks later on or what have you.

As soon as the subject of drinks are brought in, I'm out. :lol:

In my honest opinion, we should try to keep the initial meetup as underage-friendly as possible. After all, MANY Bronies on this forum aren't 21, so we should try to keep this meetup away from the subject of alcohol.

After all, I may not be a Mod, but I've organized many meetups for other communities. It REALLY stinks when age requirements are what hold members back from meeting other members...

Just my recommendation, :smirk:

Oh please don't misunderstand what I meant by that.... By that I meant we meet up, and then after we enjoy the con and do what we want and see what we wish to see at the con, we can do something. Whether it be a cafe, lunch, dinner, alcohol (if over 21) or anything of the like.

I've done meet-ups too. Age requirements are dependent on the community and the goal. For this the goal is the con and the community, which means it needs to at least, initially, be all ages. If anyone wants to split up after the con or even during the con we can leave that option open.

If you go to the Meadowlands Expo Center Websiate, you can find a map of the facility at http://mecexpo.com/floor-plans/ . Look at it, pick a spot, and set up the meetup site. I suggest a hallway, rather than the main floor of the center, as that space is already selected for Con events...

To find me there, look for the "World's Oldest Brony" sign...

I'll be wearing a geeky shirt, I don't have any MLP merch. It is likely to be something from Woot or Fangamer. And looking like Hoenheim... I think... my picture is in the Brony behind the computer thread.