BroNYcon (2012)

Dessa

Who is going?

UPDATE: We are meeting up AFTER the VA panel on day 1 (approx 1:00) at table #108 in the vendors section.

I'm a mocha-skinned black woman with chin length black curls. I'll be wearing a white dress with flowers at the hem.

Going for both days with my best bud and fellow Brony, Hayden.

Going to be an AWESOME weekend! I only live 15-20 minutes, and best of all, I get to meet new Bronies and just enjoy being one! Good times are waiting to be had!

We planning to have a meetup of some sort? I'd gladly attend one if we did!

If I was rich I would gladly pay for travel and such. I live in the UK you see and I dunno if there is a pony convention here in this country =/

There is... Bronycon UK. John de Lancie will be doing part of the documentary there if all works out.

If I was rich I would gladly pay for travel and such. I live in the UK you see and I dunno if there is a pony convention here in this country =/

There is... Bronycon UK. John de Lancie will be doing part of the documentary there if all works out.

Yup. http://www.bronyuk.org/ I miiight head out there myself but.... it's Manchester.

Also I'm in the UK and going to Bronycon. I'm staying at a hotel with some friends from another message board, so I saved money on that. The total for the trip was about £700, including con tickets, insurance, visa, etc.

The only thing I'm not sure about is what I'll buy when I get there. Are plushies likely to be as ridiculously expensive as they are on eBay? I don't want to pay $500+ for one.

Well, if we're doing a meetup (and again, I stress that this is not officially sanctioned by Canterlot anything. Kids, get permission from mom and dad, etc., etc.), day one would make more sense, I'd think. I'm afraid of getting there and not making any friends and GAAAAAAAH IVE NEVER DONE A CONVENTION BEFORE. So, like, being able to have people to meet early on would be cool.

Sounds like a Plan Dessa. I am 19, so my dad is okay with me going alone. I'd be happy to have some people to hang out with too, so anyone that I run into from here I will be happy to hang with. I am not exactly local, I have to commute from Long Island, but it is not too long of a ride.

Feel free to message me if there is a meetup, I'm all ears.

I have found out that two of my IRL friends will be attending with their irl brony friends... I feel like the loser of the group now because I don't have any irl brony friends other than those two (that I know of). Would be hilarious if I run into more of my friends at BroNYCon than I expected. (Possibly a third who might do the dealer's room but isn't exactly a "brony")

Oh, and I'm totally down for a meet-up. And as an adult (aka stallion), I don't tell my mother anything, I just do it and contact her that I'll be out late. So... feel free to message me or let me know in here if we are doing an actual meet-up. I just did a meet-up for another forum I frequent and made some awesome friends, and had a great time. I don't doubt this will be any different.

I'm somewhat local... Its a 2hr trek for me by train and bus. But that won't bother me in the least! I'm looking forward to it!